Gameday Raiders vs Warriors gameday 8/4/12

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Mar 30, 2012
The most despairing i've felt in about 3 seasons. Not because we havent played worse, more that after the events of the last 2 weeks we should have shown a lot more. We have gone backwards since Round 1.

Looks like a team that's shot mentally. Internal issues - who knows what they are.

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Mar 31, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I think it was fortunate that I was watching a (semi) terrible stream - I didn't quite feel the full brunt of the patheticness. I thought there were some promising moments however - obviously mixed in with a lot of drivel - but we seemed to at least have some attacking structure close to the line.

Jesbass

NSW Cup Player
Apr 2, 2012
I missed the match. I recorded the replay, then stumbled across the result before watching it. I consider that one of life's little mercies.

I just watched the highlights and what stood out to me more than anything else, (even moreso than our poor wings), was Fisiiahi displaying a care factor of 0 on defense. Seriously, he looked like he was jogging every time the opposition made a line break. So embarrassing.

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Mar 31, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I think the most depressing thing about Fisiiahi was his support play. I always assumed it would be a given that he would get about 16 line breaks a game with his support play, especially with Mateo and Matulino around, however I think I can only remember one instance in the entire game when he was in a position to support, and even then he was just standing there. In his defence, I thought he looked dangerous with ball in hand, but he's definitely not the full package at the moment.

Incidently is it defense or defence. I always thought we spelt it defence, but I would definitely judge your spelling over mine. Unless your iPhone has been meddling?

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
I actually thought the Fish was a little better this week. Though still not first grade material. He did look dangerous with ball in hand, and made a couple of good takes at the back. There was also one good try saving tackle on Blake Ferguson I think it was...but yes overall, bring back Kevin.

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Mar 31, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Yeah, I wasn't disappointed with his overall effort - like you said, good under the high ball, good with ball in hand, very nice tackle on Ferguson. I guess I was just expecting him to be amazing straight off the bat.