Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Although not a prop, Young Caleb Tangitau is the type of kid I'd love to see us grab from Union. Would be cheap enough with the NRL incentives included. 6ft 4 110kg and lightning quick. He can take Montz spot. Heaps of forwards I'd like to see in League. But none of them would suit prop? Mostly backrow(Akira Ioane/ Ardie Savea etc. .)Someone more in tune with the nz rugby scene might have a better idea.
Akira would be an outstanding prop! He is one of the few union forwards that I think could transition to league based on his 7s background and explosive playing style. If he was left in union much longer Akira would become he would lose that edge as they try to develop him into more of union style workhorse.

Payne Haas v2.0

Akira would be an outstanding prop! He is one of the few union forwards that I think could transition to league based on his 7s background and explosive playing style. If he was left in union much longer Akira would become he would lose that edge as they try to develop him into more of union style workhorse.

Payne Haas v2.0
I've mentioned him a few times on here. Got alot of anti akira hate tho lol. I think he's a waste at prop. A wide running backrower would be my choice. Dude is big, And as fast as a back! He's always been my no1 union target for years. As wel as his brother. But i can't see Reiko ever leaving Rugby.

Payne Haas v2.0
There a plenty of whispers in Rugby circles that Akira is a bit of a lazy trainer.

Essential listening for everyone here. Andrew Webster interviewed by Devlin
It's on Spotify too but I pasted a free link.

Recruitment.. makes it seem like signing a back rower isn't out of the question.

Says Addin's grounds for release are legit. That's good enough for me

"Rugby players have come to me about playing league" more a throw away comment so don't expect a Barrett to sign, but interesting.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/53-i...ndroid_share&sc=android_social_share&pr=false
Great interview, thanks Billy. Now we all need to guess Devlins user name on here.

Payne Haas v2.0
I always thought he was a lazy type of footballer, he has all the attributes but comes across as if he's just going through the motions.

Recruitment.. makes it seem like signing a back rower isn't out of the question.

"Rugby players have come to me about playing league" more a throw away comment so don't expect a Barrett to sign, but interesting.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/53-i...ndroid_share&sc=android_social_share&pr=false
Needfonzie to interview him again.
Hint.
Hint.

Payne Haas v2.0
Tevita Pangai Jr 2.0

Aren't we still really in a position with rugby union on both sides of the Tasman like we are with Australian rugby league players? Signing up and coming players who are basically twiddling thumbs/building voodoo dolls waiting for at least one of the guys in front of them at their club to fall over so they can get at least one damn game? Or they've reached Super Rugby level, don't have quite what it takes to be a regular and actually would rather play league if they had the opportunity?

We wouldn't have resigned RTS if he'd had more love from the All Blacks coaching staff, after all.

… and Zion to play this year/ ‘he’s an impact player’ - Andrew Webster

Another great interview with Webby!

Loved the mention of not panic buying and they would rather leave a spot or two open than just sign for the sake of it. Also only players that add value will be recruited.
Judging by those comments I would be very surprised if we ended up signing RFM. He would be a definition of buying someone just cause they are available and we have a spot open.

Back