General Grand Final Preparations (Just in case)

Really smart business from Qantas.
Cheaper fares sold out really quickly on the days I need to travel.
By the time I got to refunding my original booking and booking via the sale there was only a $100 price per ticket - so stuck with it.

My flights were $1695 (and of course my daughter wants to go)

Air NZ will no doubt do a charter should we make it - I just don't want the stress of sorting 1. flights. 2 accom 3, match tickets.

And we still need to do the really hard part!

What the hell am I doing, now I've only got $100 in my account for next couple of days, sorry rent for tomorrow 😅

Warriors I'm sorry but you've got me acting all irrational now, this is all very silly o_O😅🍌🐴🙏🤞:eek:

I don't even live in Auckland for Christ's sake 😅

1695096875999.png

Why not hold off on buying tickets until the NRL release the tickets for the bays at either end of the ground? Sit amongst the believers.

I mean, do you really want your joyous Warriors NRL victory marred by having to sit next to a blubbing Panthers/Storm fan?!

Why not hold off on buying tickets until the NRL release the tickets for the bays at either end of the ground? Sit amongst the believers.

I mean, do you really want your joyous Warriors NRL victory marred by having to sit next to a blubbing Panthers/Storm fan?!

That'll be where we plan to sit. That area would go off.

I put the cart before the horse as I always do and purchased tickets and flights for myself from Perth and my brother from Auckland on August 2nd the moment tickets were released.

Got diamond tickets close to half way, absolutely stoked.

Either going to look like an absolute idiot, or a genius who got cheap flights and amazing tickets.

Guess we will find out in 5 days 😂
How much were the tickets out of curiosity?

I think there will be a good ratio of warriors fans all over the stadium this year if we make it.

I bought tickets the day they came out. Can anyone recommend a hotel close to the stadium? I’ve never been before

Melbourne-based here. Bought tickets and flights the day tickets were released back in August. Accom booked on the same day.
Couldn’t afford the Diamond tickets so got the Tryzone tickets instead.
Everything besides tickets are refundable. Not that it matters. Because we are going all the way.

Flights are expensive. The cheap qantas deals are gone.
I booked a last minute flight in 2011 and enjoyed it . I went to the 2017 GF and it wasn’t the same without the Warriors there. I don’t want to take that risk.
I’d love to go but I’ve got other things to put that money towards e.g. a winter holiday to a South Pacifc Island.

Flights are expensive. The cheap qantas deals are gone.
I booked a last minute flight in 2011 and enjoyed it . I went to the 2017 GF and it wasn’t the same without the Warriors there. I don’t want to take that risk.
I’d love to go but I’ve got other things to put that money towards e.g. a winter holiday to a South Pacifc Island.
Sydney was 30 degrees on weekend ;) 2 birds and all that....

Sydney was 30 degrees on weekend ;) 2 birds and all that....
Ha ha , I really enjoy a South Pacific islands holiday mid winter.
I used to work for an Aust company based in Sydney so had many work trips, a trip to Sydney for me is not a relaxing laid back holiday.
Don’t get me wrong, I do love the place and are encouraging my kids to move there.

$500 on warriors 12 & under @ $5
$50 on warriors 13+ @ $12
Worst case scenario lose $550.
If we win unders I save $2000 as I would’ve spent $2500 on everything. If we win overs I get my money back. If you have $550 to risk it’s a great option.

Back