Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:

Flanagan really is a piece of work
New Dragons coach Shane Flanagan reportedly enlisted the help of his side's Tongan players to convince Fonua-Blake to sign, while on international duty earlier this year.

New Dragons coach Shane Flanagan reportedly enlisted the help of his side's Tongan players to convince Fonua-Blake to sign, while on international duty earlier this year.
Typical Flanagan. There were lots of people in the know who were surprised about him not getting a lifetime ban because of the "supplements" given to Sharks players. Aussies seem to love cheating pricks.

New Dragons coach Shane Flanagan reportedly enlisted the help of his side's Tongan players to convince Fonua-Blake to sign, while on international duty earlier this year
I don’t understand how everyone is reporting the Dragons are the front runner as they have cap space. Then in the same articles they say “Dragons would need to lose a forward as the warriors want someone in return”
We don’t want any Dragons forwards!!!!
If we really are going to stick to our guns here (and we better!!) the only way I can see Dragons getting him is if there was a 3rd team involved. That team takes Ben hunt in exchange for a top prop. The top prop comes to us and Dragons get AFB. Their squad is so shit that Hunt is the only player other teams would want.

Someone like Crichton could be a masterstroke. If Webby could turn his form around I think he would be a steal at 6-700k.
Still only 27, a wealth of experience including Origin and Kangaroos.

Would be a pretty big if however.

I think Sitili is the most likely to come to us. Whilst I think he’s best suited to the edge and we need a prop I think he’d still be a good get.

Someone like Crichton could be a masterstroke. If Webby could turn his form around I think he would be a steal at 6-700k.
Still only 27, a wealth of experience including Origin and Kangaroos.

Would be a pretty big if however.
I think Angus would struggle to get close to $500k these days. His value has dropped considerably. Roosters would love to get rid of him but no takers, not even union!

I don’t understand how everyone is reporting the Dragons are the front runner as they have cap space. Then in the same articles they say “Dragons would need to lose a forward as the warriors want someone in return”
We don’t want any Dragons forwards!!!!
If we really are going to stick to our guns here (and we better!!) the only way I can see Dragons getting him is if there was a 3rd team involved. That team takes Ben hunt in exchange for a top prop. The top prop comes to us and Dragons get AFB. Their squad is so shit that Hunt is the only player other teams would want.
That is an interesting prospect and plausible, dragons are going for Dearden too so that could make Hunt free to leave if they got him. Hunt wants to go to Queensland apparently so would perhaps make a club from that way a possibility. He was linked to the titans a while back, one of theirs would be handy.

Back