playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
A few questions for a wet Sunday arvo:

1: Are you a season ticket holder?

2: If is so for how many years?

3: Will you renew membership next year?
Yes, No, Not sure

4: if not renewing or unsure what would change / sway your decision?

For me it’s:

1: Yes
2: 15+ years
3: Torn between no and unsure
4: New coach and I’d sign immediately, a few new players, something new that would ensure success

What about you?

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015

No, cause I don’t live in Auckland currently but I make an effort to go to 1-2 games at MSS every year

+10 years

Even in the bad old days with Elliot and Cappy I’d still make the effort to go to a game. The team was exciting to watch. League was exciting to watch.

Yes, No, Not sure

I walked out 10min early from the Storm game last month. Brought the kids for the first time. Told myself I ain’t wasting anymore $$$ tickets sitting in cold miserable weather watching a team not putting in.

I will not visit MSS again until this team gets their act together

When they start playing some exciting football
When they show so me pride in their jersey
When they Win (although the above 2 are more important for me)

Dave Brough

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 24, 2014

Yes, No, Not sure

For me it’s:

4: New coach and I’d sign immediately, a few new players, something new that would ensure success

What about you?

Yes, No, Not sure

For me it’s:

What about you?
I'm with you Play the Ball.
24 years, A new coach and a few new players would likely sway me.
As it stands I've lost all enthusiasm. I'm gutted

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

Yes, No, Not sure

For me it’s:

What about you?

1. Away Member
2. 5ish years
3. Don’t see a lot of point
4. Players that might make a difference

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland

Yes

Since 1996

Yes. Part of that is because I like watching good rugby league, whichever team it comes from. As an example, if Kayln Ponga came to MSS to kick ass and he didn't have no bubblegum, I'd walk away from MSS annoyed that the Warriors lost but pleased I saw Kayln Ponga kick ass.

Pretty much 100% I'm renewing but Kearney being giving the heave would not impress me a hell of a lot because, frankly, who else is there?!

I'd probably re-join never-the-less with fingers crossed as I do now.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Yes I will renew my seats and membership, I still enjoy going to the games.
Whatever happens on the field the club does good things in the community like the Future Warriors for kids with disabiiities which my son goes to, Georgia Hale and the team that run that are awesome.

The one thing I am doing though is cannning sky at the end of this season, I only have it for NRL and the NRL are cheats so I will find another way to watch the Warriors away games next year and the rest of the games and shows aren't getting my $$.

Reactions: Rizzah and gREVUS

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Yes I will renew my seats and membership, I still enjoy going to the games.
Whatever happens on the field the club does good things in the community like the Future Warriors for kids with disabiiities which my son goes to, Georgia Hale and the team that run that are awesome.

The one thing I am doing though is cannning sky at the end of this season, I only have it for NRL and the NRL are cheats so I will find another way to watch the Warriors away games next year and the rest of the games and shows aren't getting my $$.
Hmmm... ethically if the NRL don’t give us a fair crack, are we obliged to continue to support their revenue stream🤔

Could be interesting if many people feel the same as you... I quit sky last year as well😉

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

Yes, No, Not sure

For me it’s:

What about you?
Yes
Since 1995 :rolleyes:
Yes
I am staying loyal because my family is rugby league going back generations. I know a lot of guys involved with the management of the club now, unlike before. I know they will be bleeding just the same as me about the predicament. I couldn't look them in the eye next time I see them and tell them I had opted out.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I was never financial enough to be a member when I lived in Auckland, but made it to over 90% of home games with the now wife in tow, since 1995 (but did miss round 1 1995, just couldn't afford it).
Then when I moved I joined as an away member. But the seats were always crap in a great stadium, so I canned it and now just go anyway.
Always been disappointed that I cant support the team better. But the away membership - hats and scarves, and crap seats just got old fast. Still buying player shirts just not as often, refuse to buy this years shirt until they show some pride in it, so still waiting (I was so close).

So passionate fan.
Not a member, currently.
Still yet to miss a game in Melbourne since I have been here.

roadrunner

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 7, 2016
Tauranga
Question 1. No not a member only cos my job has long hrs and I live outside Auckland.Been following them since day 1 and try to get to Mt Smart at least 3 x a season.Used to be 6 of us from work now only my son and I and that's getting harder.Question 3.I would love to get up more often as I love league and have gone to some great lengths at times to see and hear them.Finally number 4.I would like to see them win a final before the pearly gates open and also get to use my Jersey more often to games than just in front of the TV. For that to happen I just want a team that wants to play for 80 mins hard out win lose or draw and put their bodies on the line.Not much to ask for is it?.

Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle Rate Match

Last Game

19 Jun

3.4 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 7 ratings