General Question about jerseys

warriors4life_old

Guest
Was watching a English Super League match the other day and noticed something about their jerseys. In the NRL the jerseys are from 1-17 depending on your position and sometimes a bit more into the early 20s. But when I was watching the Super League some players had jerseys with 31 and 20s and heaps of different numbers rather than what we see in the NRL. Does anyone know why this is?
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
Was watching a English Super League match the other day and noticed something about their jerseys. In the NRL the jerseys are from 1-17 depending on your position and sometimes a bit more into the early 20s. But when I was watching the Super League some players had jerseys with 31 and 20s and heaps of different numbers rather than what we see in the NRL. Does anyone know why this is?

Wow. Sounds a bit NBA-ish.
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
Jesbass said:
warriors4life said:
Was watching a English Super League match the other day and noticed something about their jerseys. In the NRL the jerseys are from 1-17 depending on your position and sometimes a bit more into the early 20s. But when I was watching the Super League some players had jerseys with 31 and 20s and heaps of different numbers rather than what we see in the NRL. Does anyone know why this is?

Wow. Sounds a bit NBA-ish.

Yeah its real weird. Ive noticed that as well aye!
 

Northern_Union

Guest
Runs along the same basis as the English soccer system. At the start of the season the clubs are asked to nominate there team numbers for the season. The club assigns a number to a player which in some cases the player gets to pick. The numbers start at 1 and end at 40 (i think). So if a player comes into the squad late and the squad has 33 players then the new player will be assigned the number 34.

Hope that helps.
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
RS_Dragon said:
Runs along the same basis as the English soccer system. At the start of the season the clubs are asked to nominate there team numbers for the season. The club assigns a number to a player which in some cases the player gets to pick. The numbers start at 1 and end at 40 (i think). So if a player comes into the squad late and the squad has 33 players then the new player will be assigned the number 34.

Hope that helps.

OK, that's what I thought it was probably like, but wasn't sure, thanks alot.
 

Similar threads

Replies
30
Views
5K
tHe_maC_old

Last Game

08 May

10 - 29
3.9 Total Avg Rating
2.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings