1. Centre
  2. Winger
Nickname
Wets
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Date
Jul 19, 2019
Warriors Debut Details
July 19 2019, Round 18 vs Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at Westpac Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2019
  2. 2020
  3. 2021
  4. 2022
  5. 2023
  6. 2024
Signed From
Wyong Roos
Rep Honours
  1. NZ Maori
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Pompey
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/adam-pompey/summary.html
NameAdam Wetere Pompey
Born22 August 1998 (Auckland, New Zealand)
Height190cm
Weight101kg
PositionCentre, Winger
Warriors Player Number#237
Warriors DebutRound 18 vs. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, 19 July 2019
Warriors Career2019-
RepresentativeMaori All Stars
Junior Club(Rugby Union)

I haven't seen enough from him to be like this position is locked down. RTS is breathing down his neck. Ali will be looking for a spot too.

Problem is his defense and his speed. Also to an extent his movement/passing to his outside wing.

I think his size, leg drive and ability to bend/break the line is good. He might just need a couple of seasons to be world class but I don't know if he will have the time to do it .

I haven't seen enough from him to be like this position is locked down. RTS is breathing down his neck. Ali will be looking for a spot too.

Problem is his defense and his speed. Also to an extent his movement/passing to his outside wing.

I think his size, leg drive and ability to bend/break the line is good. He might just need a couple of seasons to be world class but I don't know if he will have the time to do it .
Ive got him and rts staring centers next year but do think he’s destined for the backrow.

You think RTS displaces Berry?

I actually haven't thought about Pompey being in a different position but I don't see him having the work ethic or gas tank that is required. He's no Euan Aitken, Mannering... But he has the size and strength for it.
That is why he is a forward.

I am starting to think that the reason that Pompey is kicking is because he is better at it than SJ.

I know SJ was rested from kicking another season with a quad injury.

But that does not automatically mean the same thinking applies now.

It may well be that with SJs sore leg they saw the opportunity to trial the guy that has been nailing more kicks at training this year.

Whatever is the case, Pompey is a great kicker and I can see that being enough to tip the scales with him holding a spot in the team.

I am starting to think that the reason that Pompey is kicking is because he is better at it than SJ.

It may well be that with SJs sore leg they saw the opportunity to trial the guy that has been nailing more kicks at training this year.

Whatever is the case, Pompey is a great kicker and I can see that being enough to tip the scales with him holding a spot in the team.

Definitely, very difficult to kick with confidence with a dodgy leg injury…..the subconscious is too powerful.

Not to mention I’ve had a nagging thought that I can’t shake that this game may hinge on Pompey nailing his conversions because I’m expecting a close one.

Definitely, very difficult to kick with confidence with a dodgy leg injury…..the subconscious is too powerful.

Not to mention I’ve had a nagging thought that I can’t shake that this game may hinge on Pompey nailing his conversions because I’m expecting a close one.

Pompey looks like the real thing.

He can kick. I never worry when he is lining it up after I saw his first attempt, he doesn't even look worried, just focused, and he doesn't look affected when he misses.

I think his figures are down on SJ, but I agree a very good replacement. The guy seems to be playing with more poise and confidence. Good coaching I think.

Does he go into loose forward for next year? I rather have RTS and Ali.

However, didn't he start the season at right wing with kosi? I felt like he did much better on that side?

Does he go into loose forward for next year? I rather have RTS and Ali.

However, didn't he start the season at right wing with kosi? I felt like he did much better on that side?
He is an ok Winger because of his defence so anything is possible.

Feel a bit sorry for the guy since RTS is coming in at left center and Pampey was the best trainer in preseason and I really feel sorry for Pompey since the media asked him what his plan is to keep his spot and he said train my arse off.

I expect if he wins best preseason trainer in 23 and 24 that the coaches will be forced to find him a spot.

Imagine if the best trainer at the club cannot get a spot, imagine the damage to your training set up if you do not reward the top guy.

No bastard will do extras if extras means you do not win a spot.

Back