Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seymour just said the worst gang is the IRD for taking too much of our money. Does that mean he's on the same side as the actual gangs? I can't keep up with who's on who's side, should be an interesting coalition.

Just saw Winston's plan to get prisoners to build new prisons, like Minecraft prisons, not a bad idea.
What a great idea, more prisons. The guy is an idiot. He said he got the idea from prison officers.
My guess is they might have said it would be good if young guy went to a prison without gangs. That is true, but building prisons without gangs is nigh impossible.
That would be Winston, he hears a half comment like that and runs with it as policy.
The guy is a drop kick

What a great idea, more prisons. The guy is an idiot. He said he got the idea from prison officers.
My guess is they might have said it would be good if young guy went to a prison without gangs. That is true, but building prisons without gangs is nigh impossible.
That would be Winston, he hears a half comment like that and runs with it as policy.
The guy is a drop kick
He always appears to me he thinks that he's a contestant on Celebrity Treasure Island instead as a political candidate

Just saw Winston's plan to get prisoners to build new prisons, like Minecraft prisons, not a bad idea.
Winston will be wandering why the prisoners keep building cells without locks and why does the perimeter fence also have a gap in it and is only knee high.

Should also make it more efficient and get the prisoners to also order the parts. Why are all of the keys the same for each lock?

Why is it illegal for me to vote on Election Day and then come online and say who I voted for, but, if I’m one of the 67% (based on the last election) to do an Advance Vote, I can come on here and say who I’ve voted for any day before Election Day? Surely that has to change to cover the whole two weeks voting period prior to the election.

It’s also silly that I couldn‘t come on here and do this on Election day,
Voted, 2 ticks
Just voted

2 Ticks

But no one’s concerned if I say this, Back from voting, even though it’s NZ First’s colour. I’m guessing because it’s the default colour on most platforms makes it alright.

Think this has some merit, especially in light of Sanitarium’s decision around west bix and the warehouse. Much more competition is required in the supermarket industry.
Totally agree.

But it starts with being known as a pro business country to reduce the risks from the big upfront capital outlay.

It’s good though that Costco and ikea are dipping their toes into NZ.

Think this has some merit, especially in light of Sanitarium’s decision around west bix and the warehouse. Much more competition is required in the supermarket industry.
I laughed during an interview with Hipkins on TV's AM show last week when he was asked about if the Supermarkets could be trusted to not price gauge the GST for themselves for fruit and vege. He said the government would trust the supermarkets to pass on the savings, plus they would the new commissioner to insure they would.

When Hipkins was told that when the equivalent of GST had been removed from fruit and vege overseas, the supermarkets there had only passed on 33% of the reduced price to the customers and had pocketed the rest. Again, he trusted that supermarkets wouldn't do that here, and the new commissioner would insure they did.

Talk about a foot in both camps.... I trust the supermarkets but I have a commissioner to ensure they do this properly because I don't trust the supermarkets.

Typical politicians' response.... surprisingly though, I thought that sort of thing would have been said by the other Foot 'n Mouth one, not Red Chris.

I laughed during an interview with Hipkins on TV's AM show last week when he was asked about if the Supermarkets could be trusted to not price gauge the GST for themselves for fruit and vege. He said the government would trust the supermarkets to pass on the savings, plus they would the new commissioner to insure they would.

When Hipkins was told that when the equivalent of GST had been removed from fruit and vege overseas, the supermarkets there had only passed on 33% of the reduced price to the customers and had pocketed the rest. Again, he trusted that supermarkets wouldn't do that here, and the new commissioner would insure they did.

Talk about a foot in both camps.... I trust the supermarkets but I have a commissioner to ensure they do this properly because I don't trust the supermarkets.

Typical politicians' response.... surprisingly though, I thought that sort of thing would have been said by the other Foot 'n Mouth one, not Red Chris.
I think it is universally recognised that the business side of town are supportive of the right side of politics so what I found amusing in the most recent debate when the aspect of GST on fruit and vegetables was raised and whether or not the supermarkets would gouge was Luxon indicating that he believed that that is what would occur whereas he had a golden opportunity to call that type of corporate behaviour out.

Perhaps it’s not seen as the best scenario to declare supermarkets untrustworthy publicly? As you mention, the appointment of a commissioner certainly paints a picture of a lack of trust regarding supermarkets and also the post of labours proposal further paints that picture.

I think it is universally recognised that the business side of town are supportive of the right side of politics so what I found amusing in the most recent debate when the aspect of GST on fruit and vegetables was raised and whether or not the supermarkets would gouge was Luxon indicating that he believed that that is what would occur whereas he had a golden opportunity to call that type of corporate behaviour out.
And yet Luxon thinks the interest deductibility issue will lower rents...

Back