Social Finding Heidi podcast

He had their car, was seen with Heidi, a man on the run hiding out in Whangamata, Whiritoa and the next bay. Charged with only 7 counts of burglary in Thames for baches in Whiritoa. Police ignored resident urgency at the time and warned young girls to steer clear of him. Whanau in Waihi told him to give himself up……..guilty!!!!! Not at home with wife and kids hiding in bush

The final episode of this is dropping this weekend apparently. The last few haven’t added a huge amount of credible information imo; however I think he might be holding back a key witness/account that ties some things together.

The final episode of this is dropping this weekend apparently. The last few haven’t added a huge amount of credible information imo; however I think he might be holding back a key witness/account that ties some things together.
David Tamihere has just had his appeal heard in the Court of Appeals last week, so potentially there may be an update / outcome from that. Although, the news outlets suggest the court will decide in the new year

I can't imagine any new evidence coming to light either

Do any of you guys remember in which episode Ryan talks about the couple’s tent which somebody found in a shed at the top of Tararu Creek Road in December 1989?

And what’s the name of that beach Ryan mentions in Episode 20 where he thinks Heidi’s remains were hidden (“Furutoa Beach”= Whiritoa Beach?)?

Do any of you guys remember in which episode Ryan talks about the couple’s tent which somebody found in a shed at the top of Tararu Creek Road in December 1989?
It came up in a couple - I think ep 3 was the first one but not 100% sure

I follow Ryan hard efforts to solve this tragedy from the other side of the world (Stockholm, Sweden) and I’m curious to understand where these landmarks he tracked down are situated geographically, especially those around Sven’s (Urban’s) stone memorial. Does it exist a map (sort of) or GPS coordinates that focus on that aerea’s most important spots covering the crime scene Ryan pictures at the end of episode 20?

I follow Ryan hard efforts to solve this tragedy from the other side of the world (Stockholm, Sweden) and I’m curious to understand where these landmarks he tracked down are situated geographically, especially those around Sven’s (Urban’s) stone memorial. Does it exist a map (sort of) or GPS coordinates that focus on that aerea’s most important spots covering the crime scene Ryan pictures at the end of episode 20?
There was a Facebook page about the case that Ryan started but it started getting toxic.

Ryan left in the end and wound it down but a lot of the info might still be there. I’m sure a map of important areas was posted at one point?

There was a Facebook page about the case that Ryan started but it started getting toxic.

Ryan left in the end and wound it down but a lot of the info might still be there. I’m sure a map of important areas was posted at one point?

Why was it getting toxic?

A platform like Reddit might have been more appropriate for a discussion - or this one ☝️

Why was it getting toxic?

A platform like Reddit might have been more appropriate for a discussion - or this one ☝️
Lots of people in the podcast were in the discussions and it got personal.

Ryan has to chose what he releases publicly for lots of reasons and people were posting all sorts of stuff, accusations, etc. I think there was criticism of Ryan as well.

I had a bit of a read, left it and then I came back it was being would up.

Lots of people in the podcast were in the discussions and it got personal.

Ryan has to chose what he releases publicly for lots of reasons and people were posting all sorts of stuff, accusations, etc. I think there was criticism of Ryan as well.

I had a bit of a read, left it and then I came back it was being would up.

Yeah some of the people’s conviction on what they saw and how they interpreted it on the podcast sounded too good to be true. 30 year's ago and they can pin point time, location and description? Plus a few were drug addicts?

Ask them what they had for breakfast yesterday and it’s a blank.

I can understand the toxicity now..

Killed em!
Too scared to name the culprit here, look what happened to Bruce, hasn't been seen since.

Might have another beer.

What's this on tv, big hairy animal, sharp claws. Oh it's Grizzly Adams.

Better throw the Christmas tree out, it's looking a bit bare.

Last edited:
Probably you’ve already discussed this issue, anyway … If someone planted the couple’s gear along the track up to Crosbie’s Clearing from Tararu Creek Road (July-December 1989: jacket, wallet, tent …) this someone (DT was imprisoned in May) must have had something to do with the case and was still around the aerea at the time … (the tent was mysteriously easy found in December 1989, 8 months after the swedes disseapperance), or?

Back