General Proof from D12 died ;(

warrior_girl81_old

Guest
oh thats sad. not sure which one he was tho. hope he wasnt that cool huge dude. anyway, rip.
 

Beckah_old

Guest
It is sad, RIP Proof.

The edge replayed an interview they did with him late last year he was a really nice guy actually not too much of the gangsta.
 

PB_old

Guest
Story here

Police: Proof Fired First

By Josh Grossberg

It appears the burden is on Proof.

Authorities in Detroit confirmed today that the D12 rapper instigated a deadly nightclub shooting early Tuesday that left him dead and another man critically injured with a bullet wound to the head.

The incident occurred at club C.C.C. along Eight Mile--a road immortalized by Proof's longtime pal Eminem in his hit semi-autobiographical film--at approximately 4:30 a.m., after the bar remained open illegally past its regular business hours.

The 32-year-old Proof, whose real name was Deshaun Holton, was rushed to Holy Cross Hospital in a private vehicle, but was pronounced dead on arrival. The second victim, 35-year-old Keith Bender, is still reportedly touch-and-go at St. John Conner Creek Hospital.

According to Detroit police spokesman Sergeant Omar Feliciano, detectives on the scene have determined the hip-hopster was the first to draw a gun and started shooting at Bender after the two got into a heated argument.

Investigators were still trying to sort out who fired the fatal shot that struck Proof in the head, killing him. Police said that a man has turned himself in to police for questioning, but it was not immediately known if he was a suspect. His identity was not revealed.

A previous press report stating Proof was licensed to carry a firearm was false, the police spokesperson added. No other details were made available.

However, reports in the Detroit Free Press and AllHipHop.com shed a bit more light on the incident.

The Free Press says Proof pistol-whipped Bender, a former Army staff sergeant, before firing.

"Proof knocked the dude down and stood over him with gun in hand," a source close to the rapper is quoted by AllHipHop.com. "Proof shot first...Proof was shot four times--twice in the head and twice in the chest/stomach area."

Bender, who was discharged from the Army due to a heart condition, was at the club to celebrate that he no longer needed a defibrillator for a heart condition, his sister-in-law told the Detroit News.

According to police, the venue has racked up 18 incident reports since 1996, including a vice raid in December that netted citations, mostly for underage drinking.

In the wake of Tuesday's slaying, Snoop Dogg has called for unity among the hip-hop faithful.

"He was a part of the hip-hop family," said the Doggfather at the MTV Australia Music Awards. "We can't stop [the violence...but we can] try to be as positive as we can and do good things with our lives. I just know that every time somebody gets killed in hip-hop, we should look at it as a tragedy. There's nothing we can do to stop it as hip-hop artists, but be who we are and continue to make our good music."

Proof played a critical part in Eminem's transformation from budding freestylist who performed at Detroit-area rap battles into a rap superstar. Because of their long history together, Slim Shady considered the rapper his best friend.

"Proof was really the guy who got Eminem to be a rapper," Anthony Bozza, author of the Eminem biography Whatever You Say I Am, told ABC News Radio. "He really keeps only a few close people around him, so losing one of them is going to be completely devastating to him."

Aside from cofounding the Detroit rap collective D12 with Eminem, Proof appeared in several of his friend's music videos, including "The Real Slim Shady," "Without Me" and "Like Toy Soldiers," the last of which featured a scene showing Eminem attending Proof's funeral.

Em also asked his protege to be his best man at his second wedding in January to ex-wife Kim Mathers, which just flamed last week.

Proof also served as inspiration for Mekhi Pfeiffer's character, Future, in 8 Mile. Proof also had a bit part as Lil' Tic, the wordsmith who smacked down Em in one of the movie's early contests.

After topping the charts with two D12 albums, Devil's Night and D12 World, Proof struck out on his own and released his debut album, Searching for Jerry Garcia, to wide acclaim last summer. He was expected to rejoin D12 in the studio later this month to begin work on their third album.

A rep for D12's record label said plans for a memorial service will be announced very soon.

Proof is survived by five children.

--------------------------------------

Yeah, what a nice guy. :roll:

Darwin's theory of natural selection claims another one. Awesome! Not a moment too soon.
 

Wiki_old

Guest
IanR said:
Hip hop kulcha...

What a joke.

His shooting had nothing to do with hiphip. Get your facts right idiot.

Have some respect.

phil1234 said:
who really cares. its good they take themselves out.

Again, have some respect or don't post at all.
 

Wiki_old

Guest
Mosh said:
I guess he is Dead12 now.

You know I was starting to accept your views and your opinions a little more after your little good bye speech.

I thought you wanted to be a lawyer?

You know that you need to be mature right?

Grow up. A guy died and I don't care how he died, I'm paying my respects.
 

mosh_old

Guest
Wiki said:
Mosh said:
I guess he is Dead12 now.

You know I was starting to accept your views and your opinions a little more after your little good bye speech.

I thought you wanted to be a lawyer?

You know that you need to be mature right?

Grow up. A guy died and I don't care how he died, I'm paying my respects.

I think its a bit immature that you would go out of your way to decide that a person (who you do not know, will never meet) cannot become something because of something he posted on an internet forum.

Secondly, it is mature to accept differing points of view which you seem to have problems with.

Thirdly, I have my reasons for hating criminals.
 

Northern_Union

Guest
Chill Wiki mate, nothing will bring the dude back now.

You have my respect for voicing your sympathys for the man. We're very much removed from it all here in NZ so maybe to some on the forum it just doesn't seem real or it's just another gang bang killing and doesn't effect us.

Calm down my man, anger will get you no where.
 

Wiki_old

Guest
Mosh said:
I think its a bit immature that you would go out of your way to decide that a person (who you do not know, will never meet) cannot become something because of something he posted on an internet forum.

So when you go on the internet you become a different person and nothing that you say should be taken seriously?

:roll:

How lame.
 

mosh_old

Guest
Wiki said:
Mosh said:
I think its a bit immature that you would go out of your way to decide that a person (who you do not know, will never meet) cannot become something because of something he posted on an internet forum.

So when you go on the internet you become a different person and nothing that you say should be taken seriously?

:roll:

How lame.

I am doing a gesture for you right now, can you guess what it is?
The beauty of the internet, you cannot see emotion.
 

Wiki_old

Guest
Mosh said:
Wiki said:
Mosh said:
I think its a bit immature that you would go out of your way to decide that a person (who you do not know, will never meet) cannot become something because of something he posted on an internet forum.

So when you go on the internet you become a different person and nothing that you say should be taken seriously?

:roll:

How lame.

I am doing a gesture for you right now, can you guess what it is?
The beauty of the internet, you cannot see emotion.

Blow me.
 

Similar threads

Replies
10
Views
963
raypower_old
Replies
19
Views
2K
Sinbad_old
Replies
8
Views
884
*~*Fa'AhVaN*~*_old
Replies
0
Views
612
Northern_Union
Replies
136
Views
6K
Mangi-Maori_old