Post Match 2023 Penrith vs Warriors - Week 1 Finals (Post Match)

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Really missed Johnson TBF
Thought we did well incidently.
Just glad we didn't face Brisbane.
Panthers play our style but better and have been doing it for 3 years.....
Thought we showed enough to make the GF , don't think we'll win it though, but top 4 and back it up next year! We will Grow and Improve.

Defensively there was a lot to like about the performance which bodes well for the rest of the finals.

Can't see any of Us, Raiders or Knights getting within 20 of Broncos at Suncorp

The thing that Metcalf brings is speed at the attack line. We get past the defenceline because of that. TMM is more about sleight of hand, which can be predictable. Whereas Metcalf's speed turns the defence around, which would have totally tested Penrith a lot more than TMM did today.
Did you not see how crisp and fluid our ball movement was?

I was stunned how good our passing was if you take an honest view of what it means to have a forward at 6 and a 6 at 7 Te Maire shits on Metcalf.

Can you imagine if Metcalf was 7 today?

Te Maire and Walker were bloody awesome for a pair that have never played together.

Class vs a guy who can run but not organize. I take class all day.

1694255864954.png

heyzeuss knows how much the Panthers would have put on these two tonight.
yes different league ..even the storm looked very un-storm like .. will be interesting how the knights/raiders go will they step up and show one has the potential ... my money is on the knights to dump the Raiders by a few ...

Then, we will really need to step up .. which I think the boys will two losses back to back ... home game SJ needs to be in ... TMM will be much better for run against the best ...

I just really hope Jazz + Siro aren't on the field or bench.. next week ...

IMHO are best team we can field has Curren on from the start for much bigger mins(Ford to sub) ... walker off the bench .. Ale-bunty impact prop rotation

Things I was disgusted with

Our fifth option kicks
Errors
Overall game plan
Use of bench
Our centres being useless
Montoya...even his kick returns were avg
Our edge defense always jamming in

What I loved
CNK and DWZ hit ups and effort
Harris always 100%

I think Ford can't play more than 50 minutes at this end of the season. Curran is fresher and needs to start. Jazz is way way under done just like last time he came back.
Our bench is too small, please put Ale and Bunty in.

Meh i only had as a 30% chance of beating the Premieres anyway......and that was with SJ in the team.

Penrith were clinical. They were just playing at a whole different warp speed to us at times. Like the champion team they are showed their ability to lift intensity levels...we just couldnt go with them when they did.....something we'll get better with the more we experience these sort of games.

We made it harder with the all the errors......and tbh our kicking game (or lack of it) was so telling...... no general to steer us around, put the ball in the right parts of the field, finish off our sets, pressure the opposition.......thats the minimun requirement and even then theres no guarentee of a win but definitely no chance without it.

If no SJ next week Volkman has to come in for mine and i've always hated that bench configuration Webby's favoured the latter part of the season with no genuine prop and carrying Lussick when u have potentially 3 other players capable of spelling Egan for a 10 minute break if needed.

That said this season has already been a win in my eyes regardless, and the learnings we'll get from this game and finals series will hold us in good stead. If SJ's back next week im confident of a win at home wether its against Raiders or Knights.......if he's not then its probably 50/50 but it'll still be an improved showing i believe.

Think both team and coaches are learning as they go, We were never going to be the finished article season one.

Back