Reaction score
Interesting to see Ta'ai over Brown.

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Inu can't even make a 6 man bench that includes Palavi?

And what is the deal with constantly switching Mateo and Matulino from the bench to starting line-up?

I thought Brown was quiet on the weekend but I don't think he deserved to be dropped (which it's looking like he will be).

Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
There was a wank article about Palavi in the Herald a couple of days ago talking about the fact that he was in Med School, had awesome leadership and all round styles etc...so yeah no wonder Bluey is fapping over him. Of course a player's actual ability never comes into it...

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
There was a wank article about Palavi in the Herald a couple of days ago talking about the fact that he was in Med School, had awesome leadership and all round styles etc...so yeah no wonder Bluey is fapping over him. Of course a player's actual ability never comes into it...

Yeah the MNF panel was having a little jab at the Bluey vs Ivan change. Saying that Ivan probably copped criticism for his 'strict' approach where Bluey has a more 'easy going' approach...and that was translating to what we see on the field.

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you attempting to stream games from over there Ryan? Or watching replay on nrl.com?

If you aren't...you're not missing much, except us making ordinary teams look good.

Reaction score
Ryan

Ryan

Heritage Member
Reaction score
I deliberately didn't watch the last game, even though I had the opportunity to (it was around 9pm Saturday night here). I don't think our season is going to pan out well, and with all this other stuff going on right now, I just flagged it and checked the score the next morning here (and laughed). I said this eons ago, but we are going miss Ivan badly.

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
I deliberately didn't watch the last game, even though I had the opportunity to (it was around 9pm Saturday night here). I don't think our season is going to pan out well, and with all this other stuff going on right now, I just flagged it and checked the score the next morning here (and laughed). I said this eons ago, but we are going miss Ivan badly.

I remember you telling me you'd back us for minor premiership? Jks. Yes I do remember you predicting a less than awesome season. Magic Twig wants Mudclennan's head...

Reaction score
Ryan

Ryan

Heritage Member
Reaction score
I remember you telling me you'd back us for minor premiership? Jks. Yes I do remember you predicting a less than awesome season. Magic Twig wants Mudclennan's head...
I don't think I predicted a poor season, but it was more a long the the lines of, "wtf is everyone raving about this new coach for? He's proven nothing (in my eyes)". The NRL is a whole different level to anything he's done previously, and I was shocked at the viral jerking that was going on regarding his appointment.

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think I predicted a poor season, but it was more a long the the lines of, "wtf is everyone raving about this new coach for? He's proven nothing (in my eyes)". The NRL is a whole different level to anything he's done previously, and I was shocked at the viral jerking that was going on regarding his appointment.

Well you find that. If he'd been an Aussie coach who had similar achievements, the wank-factor would have been halved. But anything/anyone that has any connection to NZ gets automatic fap factor above all else. Hence the prospect of a (rare) successful Kiwi coach on the back of perceived 'Ivan failings' up until the last 3 games of 2011 was always going to produce massive hype.

Unfortunately Matty Johns got it right pre-season and he takes every opportunity to rub it in (for those of us who watch NRL on Fox).

Reaction score
Ryan

Ryan

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Thank fuck I don't watch footy shows, period. When we are doing badly, it hurts. The only way, for me personally, is to take a step back and just be a distant observer. Some might call that "fair weather" support, but the truth is closer to that, I still pay attention to the events, but I don't feel I can read/listen/discuss as much as I usually would had we being playing respectably.

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank fuck I don't watch footy shows, period. When we are doing badly, it hurts. The only way, for me personally, is to take a step back and just be a distant observer. Some might call that "fair weather" support, but the truth is closer to that, I still pay attention to the events, but I don't feel I can read/listen/discuss as much as I usually would had we being playing respectably.

I'm the same. I still watch but I find it hard. And it isn't fair weather support, it means that the team failing hurts you enough to change your behaviour and avoid further 'hurt'.

Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
I just want to punish Bluey by not watching this weekend. On the other hand, i do want to be able to post educated criticisms about the team, and assess player performances from a NNRL perspective.

I hope this is "last chance saloon" for the players he's selected, otherwise we may as well just give up hope until his contract expires.

I mean Ivan had his pet selections too, but even he knew he had to wield the axe after 6 woeful rounds.

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
The Titanos are shit. Their roster isn't actually that bad, but Scott Prince is a yard off the pace, not the same player. Won't be surprised to see them take the spoon. If we didn't win that game comfortably, well I'd be even more worried than I am now.

Reaction score
2Big2Strong

2Big2Strong

Heritage Member
Reaction score
My biggest problem with Blueys selections is...

We had a fairly dominant display against the eels with Inu on the bench and no Ropati in the team, Feleti off the bench and Hurrell/Benry in the centres. The following week he completely dismantled the team. Now he's strung the same terribly performing outfit together for 3 weeks in a row?! Seems he's rewarding incompetence.

One of the things that I respected about Cleary was that if a team won, he would persist with that same side until a loss or injuries forced his hand.

Eff you Bluey.

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score
My biggest problem with Blueys selections is...

We had a fairly dominant display against the eels with Inu on the bench and no Ropati in the team, Feleti off the bench and Hurrell/Benry in the centres. The following week he completely dismantled the team. Now he's strung the same terribly performing outfit together for 3 weeks in a row?! Seems he's rewarding incompetence.

One of the things that I respected about Cleary was that if a team won, he would persist with that same side until a loss or injuries forced his hand.

Eff you Bluey.
Do you really believe that? I trust your memory more than mine, but as far as I can remember this was a huge issue that people had with Cleary also - selecting players like Ropati, Hohaia, Seymour - while we weren't performing well. I remember about round 4 last year he made some huges changes, but has he really been the type punish poor performances?

Reaction score
2Big2Strong

2Big2Strong

Heritage Member
Reaction score
Nah, you may have misunderstood me. I wasn't crediting Cleary for what he did after a loss, he was hopeless like that too, but I (thought) I remember him naming unchanged lineups if we won. That's my problem with Bluey, we've won 2 games and both times he's changed line-ups / Wing/Centre pairings etc.

I know it's in hindsight but I honestly think that if we'd stuck to the side that beat Parramatta we'd be in a better position than what we're in now. I think combinations in defence need time to gel just the same as in attack, he just keeps Fng with it.

Swapping Manu to the right is one of the dumbest coaching strategies I've seen. He can barely hold a football, don't go confusing him with that shit.

Top Bottom