General PRICE BACK IN QUEENSLAND SIDE FOR ORIGIN OPENER

Skinny_Ravs82

Vodafone Warriors captain Steve Price has regained his place in the Queensland side for this year's State of Origin opener against New South Wales at Telstra Stadium on Wednesday week.
The 32-year-old played in the first match of last year's campaign before a knee injury ruled him out of the rest of the series.
The Brisbane Broncos dominate the selection with a total of seven players included while North Queensland supplies four.
The full team is: Matt Bowen (North Queensland Cowboys); Greg Inglis (Melbourne Storm), Justin Hodges (Brisbane Broncos), Brent Tate (Brisbane Broncos), Steven Bell (Manly Sea Eagles); Darren Lockyer (Brisbane Broncos) captain, Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys); Steve Price (Vodafone Warriors), Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm), Petero Civoniceva (Brisbane Broncos); David Stagg (Brisbane Broncos), Matthew Scott (North Queensland Cowboys; Dallas Johnson (Melbourne Storm). Interchange: Shaun Berrigan (Brisbane Broncos), Carl Webb (North Queenland Cowboys), Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos), Nate Myles (Bulldogs).

Ps-Hunt's missed out again! Hahaha!!!!

nzlturk_old

I think Bell will play centre not on the wing.

Tate is a surprise. There are better outside backs than him who are queenslanders. Brenton Bowen, Rhys Wesser just to name two.

It will be interesting to see if they put Lockyer back to fullback and play Prince if they lose the first match.

Bulldog_old

Thats a very strong team. The backline is awesome. They would have been foolish to exclude Price given his form for Warriors this year.

Hunt has no right to be in that team and the selectors have seen some sense. I dont know how they ever picked him for the aussie team with Bowen, Inglis, Wesser, etc available.

I really like the selection of Matthew Scott. Great choice I reckon. Inglis and Bowen together will be awesome, and im tipping Hodges to play out of his skin.
The best choice is, of course, Pricey. Im stoked he's in again, after being snubbed by the test selectors. Thoroughly deserved.

JonB_old

They have pretty much been saying that since it started back in 198.... whatever year it was.

All they have to do is keep close for 75 minutes and it can go either way.

2big2strong_old

yeh i'm going for NSW, lived in QLD for the majority of my life now, and the only thing i can compare Queensland to, is 1940's Alabama. It's Redneckville people.

".....ah, you one of dem maaaaori folk? do you do dat dere dance? da haarrkka? ....hold on....MA! Get off da dang roof!!....By the way, you is tresspassing on my dirt farm..."

"....I haven't had this much fun since i got it on wid my sisters daughters sisters mother....I mean my mum....."

JonB_old

Sucks that you have a had a bad experience with queesnlanders and racism, I hate all sorts of red necks and racists myself.

Ronnie_7_old

Haha knew the Hunt wouldn't get picked anyway. Good on Pricey he deserves it and they would have been stupid not to pick him

sebastian_old

Good luck price & good luck george tukara. If this steam roller isn't in our team, john langs contract has got one more zero on it. George is the biggest prop we have, bigger than price & wiki, damn this guy was born out of a steiord factory. He HAS to be picked no.8, Evarn is NOT a prop as shown in the dogs game.

D Generation X_old

nzlturk said:
I think Bell will play centre not on the wing.

Tate is a surprise. There are better outside backs than him who are queenslanders. Brenton Bowen, Rhys Wesser just to name two.

It will be interesting to see if they put Lockyer back to fullback and play Prince if they lose the first match.
yea his probably better on the wing anyway

Skinny_Ravs82

Woop Woop said:
Congrats Pricey! Up the Mighty Marooons!

I'll be cheering for Pricey and Lockyer but I'm a Blues gal through and though so go get 'em NSW!!! :D