General President Joe Biden

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I think Biden has a better handle on this than he did 20 years ago.

The US was conned into the war on terror by Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld. George W was playing golf. Cheney was the most powerful vice president of all time.

The Saudis and the US oil and defence industries were closely aligned. They both made a fortune in the following 20 years. Cheney made heaps personally.

Trump was not prowar,, but he was pro Saudi because of money.

That was unfair on Iran, so maybe Biden is seeing a chance to bring Iran in from the cold.

I hope you are right, so far Biden has surprised me, long may it continue

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Saudi oil will become redundant as we move away from fossil fuel globally, the geopolitical scene in the mid east is changing fast. US withdrawal leaves Israel more isolated and aggressive. Hope the Chinese are better diplomats than the previous superpower stakeholders.

I saw somewhere that the US imports more Russian fossil fuel than the Saudi's

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I hope you are right, so far Biden has surprised me, long may it continue
From what I can figure out he is the hardest working president this century. Apparently he drives his staff nuts double checking everything.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
As long as he remembers his biggest enemies are US citizens
If he has a weakness he is a non partisan politician. He will be working to get the voting bill passed, otherwise the Dems are history for years to come.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
If he has a weakness he is a non partisan politician. He will be working to get the voting bill passed, otherwise the Dems are history for years to come.

The best description I have heard about the Republicans is that they are the American Taliban

Reactions: bruce

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
The best description I have heard about the Republicans is that they are the American Taliban
I like 'Talibannon'

• Love
Reactions: Noitall and bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The party has been taken over by the loony right MAGA crowd. The moderates are frightened of them, literally.

Decent Republican election officials who didn't side with the big lie are continually getting death threats.

They will join moderate senators and congressmen in leaving their jobs and the party to the right wing thugs.

Apparently sensible Republicans, who want to keep their jobs, are admitting this to Democrats privately.

Philip Rucker of the Washington Post said Trump is crazy...like a fox!!! So was Hitler.

This is no joke. If the Republicans get into congress again it will be all over.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
A couple of things have happened regarding the US military that I find worrying. Since Afghanistan is done they seem to be deploying to Ukraine in bigger numbers. Ukraine has been angry over the completion of the German/Russian Nord Stream 2. They rely a lot on the transit income of Russian gas being sent to Europe through Ukraine, despite Russia saying that will remain the same. The US has been anti Nord Stream two.

A US soldier in Ukraine was wearing US uniform with a Ukrainian flag sewn onto the shoulder, which is a big no no. Saluting the grave of a Neo Nazi didn't help either. US arms shipments to Ukraine have increased recently. Both Britain and the US say they do not recognise the border limits in the Black Sea off Crimea. This is dangerous as the Russians have a huge naval base at Sevastopol in Crimea.

Lastly, and weirdly, women of military age in the US have to register for the Draft. I didn't know but all men have had to for years, even though their military is voluntary, at the moment. The disaster of drafted soldiers in Viet Nam was obvious, they are slow learners. Even their volunteers have a hard job reaching basic physical fitness levels.

It may well turn into a two front war with China and Russia. I hope I am wrong

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Lastly, and weirdly, women of military age in the US have to register for the Draft. I didn't know but all men have had to for years, even though their military is voluntary, at the moment. The disaster of drafted soldiers in Viet Nam was obvious, they are slow learners. Even their volunteers have a hard job reaching basic physical fitness levels.
I didn't know the Merkins still had a draft. It is a lower socio economic job, especially for the officers, but I thought they had plenty of takers.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
All about the Saudi invested arms industry mate.

Very true, The Saudi's need to keep the US on side because as Wahabis they hate Shia Muslims which is concentrated in Iran, Iraq and Syria. At the same time they hate the Yanks because they in their holy land. Iran would decimate Saudi Arabia without the Yanks.

Apparently some of the more complicated stuff the Yanks left behind is turning up in Iran, who have the expertise to maintain it.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Apparently some of the more complicated stuff the Yanks left behind is turning up in Iran, who have the expertise to maintain it.
The Iranians are scared of the Saudis because they are nuts.

If the Merkins were not so close to the Saudis they would have a much better relationship with Iran. Trump was a real worry there.

Like HTF could you suck up to a regime that wiped a few thousand Merkins on 9/11...crazy.

Yet you rubbish a country that hates them with very good reason.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings