Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Ford looked extra basic and no frills today, he might be chased back to Wollongong by the end of the year with all these young blokes.

Lussick murders the attack at times

Berry is going to have to be more physical this year or he’ll lose his spot too.

how rog can be so good at league and so mid at union, cautionary tale for other code swappers

Firstly, game day observations. Christchurch churning out a cracker of a blue sky day with a full crowd in attendance, set the scene perfectly and highlighted the love/hype/respect for the club/brand currently!! How good was it to hear Mick Ennis abuse the english language again, Fox sport NRL intro music!! officiating allowing a game that saw a lot of ball in play and maximum spectator enjoyment, truly one of the better games I have watched in a while and yet again confirming NRL is easily the best oval ball entertainment by a mile!

Boom! have we finally arrived as a club with a system that echoes all the way to end of the corridor? Each player that took the field today was coached, well coached. It was a pleasure watching a swarm of enthusiasm, talent, commitment and physicality move in the same direction trusting the game plan and dare I say it the "process".......

Teamwork and belief player of the day for me, by a long way. However some noteworthy individual performance, RTS is going to be a huge part in our success this year whether that be in defence-attack, calmness or experience.. a lot to like. I really thought Laban and Tupouniua offered a bit of X factor, bent the line and ran unorthodox lines that created space. Paul Roache really took his chances as did Geronimo Doyle. Most importantly I truly thought our weakest link was equal to our best. Maximum kudos to to the organisation, well fuckin done.

I was really hoping that Ali Leiataua was going to confirm the talent that this forum has me incredibly excited about, really didn't see enough from him today to confirm or deny.

Last edited:
Ale's an odd one for me. Caught somewhere between above reserve grade standard but still hasnt quite managed to nail down first grade.

Seems start of every season people are saying this is where he comes of age but for whatever reason he hasnt quite been able to cement himself yet. I hope he does (displays like today will help) but i think its probably time he kicks on sooner rather than later.

Ale's an odd one for me. Caught somewhere between above reserve grade standard but still hasnt quite managed to nail down first grade.

Seems start of every season people are saying this is where he comes of age but for whatever reason he hasnt quite been able to cement himself yet. I hope he does (displays like today will help) but i think its probably time he kicks on sooner rather than later.
Pretty hard to do when your position is owned by a bloke called Tohu Harris.

Pretty hard to do when your position is owned by a bloke called Tohu Harris.
Tbh im not getting lock vibes from him at all.

The top locks (Tohu, Cam Murray, Yeo) as well as making yards also average 40+ tackles a game so have to have a big engine. Also these guys all have the abilty to ball play before the line (almost like a 5/8) something i havent seen in Ale's arsenal.

For mine he's more similar at best to a Spencer Leniu type impact player......thats where i see his best role at

Anyone else think Ali could be a Smokey to start at centre this year, after another solid shift? Will be interesting to see how Rocco and Adam go next week…

Ali is my guy.

He is a far greater threat at Centre and people underestimate his defence.

He had no problem dealing with the experienced Crocker last year on his big day and did some monster tackles today.

I did see him holding his hammy a few times so hope he’s ok.

Other thoughts

Cht - I see he still can’t kick.

RTS - wow. Just WOW.

Zyon Maiu’u - tough luck young fella. Only 20(?). He will beast in the future.

Bunty - busy with the ball and looks big.

Montoya - his fends, how good. Also safe under the high ball.

Tuapiki - kid deserves a 1st grade start somewhere. Safe under the high ball. Speed to burn. Not afraid to hit the line and high IQ

Great preseason game

Back