Gameday < 2021 Preseason Training

All games pre 2021
fanrrior

fanrrior

haha yeah, i couldn't agree more! gutsy (or stupid) move though when you have the rest of preseason and next season under the control of that monster.:)

whats a meme?:oops:
Humorous pic with a one-liner that, if popular, gets waay overused.

Fazz

Fazz

I'm going to throw it out there, but does anybody else think signing Brad Morris may be the absolute best thing we've done since making the grand final? We've always been weak in the wrestle, but he really looks like he'll make it a strength for us. Expectations beginning to rise again...

Xfactor

I'm going to throw it out there, but does anybody else think signing Brad Morris may be the absolute best thing we've done since making the grand final? We've always been weak in the wrestle, but he really looks like he'll make it a strength for us. Expectations beginning to rise again...
Elliott...Henry....McFadden...Morris...Jennings...Wiki...Jones.

How could we possibly be shit again next year?

Reactions: ramraider78
Pete

Pete

Morris previously worked with Penrith and the Roosters. Neither very successful or harmonious while he was there, (not sure whether that is linked in any way to him) but lets hope he brings us success. Does Locke spend his offseason following Weepus off season program..ie nothing. Not very professional to turn up heavy when you have had an average season. Maybe just the camera. Manu looks keen which is good.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Morris previously worked with Penrith and the Roosters. Neither very successful or harmonious while he was there, (not sure whether that is linked in any way to him) but lets hope he brings us success. Does Locke spend his offseason following Weepus off season program..ie nothing. Not very professional to turn up heavy when you have had an average season. Maybe just the camera. Manu looks keen which is good.
Locke sat out the end of the season due to his leg problems. I would assume he was told to keep the leg rested to see if the bone protruding into his thigh muscle would repair itself. I don't know if I would call his an average season. He was one of the best, while playing at a reduced capacity, due to his leg complaints.

Xfactor

Henry....Tupou.....Packer....Johnson.....Manu lol just jokes
lol :D

The New Crew is gonna sort these boys out Warriorholic!
If they can get them to 100% for 80 minutes they will make the 8.
If they can develop some actual skill.......it's too scary to think about :eek:

Pete

Pete

Locke sat out the end of the season due to his leg problems. I would assume he was told to keep the leg rested to see if the bone protruding into his thigh muscle would repair itself. I don't know if I would call his an average season. He was one of the best, while playing at a reduced capacity, due to his leg complaints.

Resting or not doesn't give you the right to get fat. Profesional athletes should be a little accountable. Do we need to get a diet coach brought on to follow them round . McFadden defensive coach. To me thats good as he is the one that has been rated and where we need the most work.

Reactions: InsideBall

Xfactor

There was turmoil at both clubs during his time there Pete.
I would imagine it to be difficult to apply your skills to a disrupted class.
I too hope he brings us success.

mode81

mode81

I liked what I heard on ZB Brad Morris saying Manu was pulling some guys into line aim up and be more professional, about frikin time they all had professional attitudes. Loving the sand dunes pain and torture pics, beautiful to see!

Xfactor

I liked what I heard on ZB Brad Morris saying Manu was pulling some guys into line aim up and be more professional, about frikin time they all had professional attitudes. Loving the sand dunes pain and torture pics, beautiful to see!
Agreed mode81, but shouldn't Mannering be the one to pull the 'slackers' into line?

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Agreed mode81, but shouldn't Mannering be the one to pull the 'slackers' into line?

Not necessarily. No team or squad is reliant on any one person to do all of the 'leading'. Most clubs have a leadership group, whether they make that official like Souffs with their 5 captains, or whether it's something that's kept internally...well it varies club to club. Manu has been at the club for a decade and regardless of form etc, is one of the senior squad members. And on another note Simon hasn't actually been named as captain yet, ME has said he's waiting until next year to make that decision.

Xfactor

Not necessarily. No team or squad is reliant on any one person to do all of the 'leading'. Most clubs have a leadership group, whether they make that official like Souffs with their 5 captains, or whether it's something that's kept internally...well it varies club to club. Manu has been at the club for a decade and regardless of form etc, is one of the senior squad members. And on another note Simon hasn't actually been named as captain yet, ME has said he's waiting until next year to make that decision.
I wasn't aware the captaincy was possibly in limbo at the moment TD. If so, then Manu would be the obvious 'leader' off the paddock.
Probably the more concerning thing is that there are individuals needing to be pulled into line, or to be told to 'aim up'.
If it's just a case of shellshock in response to having their guts torn out, then that's one thing.
If it's residual attitude....then that's another!
Not knowing one way or the other, i'll just wait for further reports before forming any opinion.

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
I wasn't aware the captaincy was possibly in limbo at the moment TD. If so, then Manu would be the obvious 'leader' off the paddock.
Probably the more concerning thing is that there are individuals needing to be pulled into line, or to be told to 'aim up'.
If it's just a case of shellshock in response to having their guts torn out, then that's one thing.
If it's residual attitude....then that's another!
Not knowing one way or the other, i'll just wait for further reports before forming any opinion.

I'm sure it's not an uncommon occurrence, especially at the beginning of a grueling pre-season. I think Brad Morris also only mentioned as a positive thing re Manu's reaction, rather than criticizing the other guys who may have been struggling. Even if it is a hangover from this season, there appears to be enough change around the club in terms of personnel and expectation that players not aiming up won't last long (if ME etc are to be believed). It's very early days and they're obviously making an effort to show supporters that there's been a change in ethos compared with the Bluey days. I'd take it with a grain of salt, both good and bad press. I don't expect miracles next year, but at least the obvious deficiencies are being addressed - the 'bread and butter' stuff that should be in place well before team selections, form, injuries etc etc come into play.

Reactions: Xfactor

Xfactor

I'm sure it's not an uncommon occurrence, especially at the beginning of a grueling pre-season. I think Brad Morris also only mentioned as a positive thing re Manu's reaction, rather than criticizing the other guys who may have been struggling. Even if it is a hangover from this season, there appears to be enough change around the club in terms of personnel and expectation that players not aiming up won't last long (if ME etc are to be believed). It's very early days and they're obviously making an effort to show supporters that there's been a change in ethos compared with the Bluey days. I'd take it with a grain of salt, both good and bad press. I don't expect miracles next year, but at least the obvious deficiencies are being addressed - the 'bread and butter' stuff that should be in place well before team selections, form, injuries etc etc come into play.
This club suddenly has an exciting vibe about it!
Can't wait to see where it leads.

Reactions: Choker and fanrrior
koolkat

koolkat

Did anyone see 3 news last night the interview with Matt.quote,I was a bit concerned when the boys showed up on Monday there werent physically up to the mark,for the first session of preseason.not the words I wanted to here but the honesty was refreshing.https://www.3news.co.nz/Warriors-re...ining/tabid/317/articleID/276209/Default.aspxedit side note so now Stacey has a roll in the club do we need Andrew johns here giving are players big heads and egos,no names will be mentioned Shaun Johnson

Fazz

Fazz

There was turmoil at both clubs during his time there Pete.
I would imagine it to be difficult to apply your skills to a disrupted class.
I too hope he brings us success.

Yeah, those clubs were basically a rabble. I wouldn't go reading too much into that as relates to Morris. It is a little concerning that Elliot was at both clubs during those times though. =/

I don't know haha. Lets just be positive that there IS something being done for defense and we have more than just a part time coach with no true coaching experience under his belt?

fanrrior

fanrrior

Did anyone see 3 news last night the interview with Matt.quote,I was a bit concerned when the boys showed up on Monday there werent physically up to the mark,for the first session of preseason.not the words I wanted to here but the honesty was refreshing.https://www.3news.co.nz/Warriors-re...ining/tabid/317/articleID/276209/Default.aspxedit side note so now Stacey has a roll in the club do we need Andrew johns here giving are players big heads and egos,no names will be mentioned Shaun Johnson
How did Andrew Johns give Stacey Jones a big head?;)