Sports Rugby World Cup 2023

Go look at the stats between the game last night and todays game

League has twice as many tackling, runs, half as much kicking and 100% less cards lol.
They put a stat up at half time in the Argentina v England game yesterday, one of the English wingers only contribution to the game was 1 missed tackle, don't think I've seen a stat like it.

For those that don't follow union that closely, the powers at be will consider that a classic match - which is farcical.

For the game itself, a lot will be mentioned about the officiating but that game came down to goal kicking

NZ: 50%
RSA: 100%

There's your world cup
I don’t think South Africa did anything worthy of winning that game. Did they get a break? Did they threaten our tryline? Did they use their backs or only half their team?

It just seemed to be forward bash it up all game followed by a kick. Unimaginative and abysmal that a negative gameplan can become the best in the world.

Like was commented though, the players play scared of being sent off due to the rulings and it is kills risk taking. The rules are killing the game.

On tactics, NZ used the box kick all game, whereas in the old days the number 10 would do all the kicking. Short kicks and then didn’t compete for it! SA was always competing on their kicks forcing multiple turnovers.

Guess that means "The Warriors making a Preliminary Final in the NRL after being written off as Wooden Spooners" just become the laydown misere for Halberg Moment of 2023?

Unless the Black Caps can pull of a miracle.

Ryan Fox has had a great 2023 but that was semi-expected...

If Satan wants more disciples, all He has to say is "Rugby Union Is The Game They Play In Heaven!"

I don't blame the referee or the officials. I fully expect World Rugby to commend their performances as they did what WR wanted. In the same way I don't blame any team in any sport for playing ugly or boring. If that helps them win, go for it. It's up to the governing body to alter any rules/interpretations to counter that.

Serious question - if you were a young talent with x-factor, would you chose union where the forwards dominate and you shiver out in the backline or play league where your x-factor is rewarded and utilised?

I don’t think South Africa did anything worthy of winning that game. Did they get a break? Did they threaten our tryline? Did they use their backs or only half their team?

It just seemed to be forward bash it up all game followed by a kick. Unimaginative and abysmal that a negative gameplan can become the best in the world.

Like was commented though, the players play scared of being sent off due to the rulings and it is kills risk taking. The rules are killing the game.

On tactics, NZ used the box kick all game, whereas in the old days the number 10 would do all the kicking. Short kicks and then didn’t compete for it! SA was always competing on their kicks forcing multiple turnovers.
The Springboks had dominance for the first 15-20 minutes, but the All Blacks played with more control from that point forward and the stats swung for the remainder of the game, even when down to 14 players. Had the card not been upgraded to red it was more than likely that the ABs would have rolled them at the back end of the game. I can only recall that one short-side play from Kolbe when he knocked on where the Springboks actually had a real crack. Otherwise, they were so sheepish in their play they were resorting to opportunistic drop goal attempts the whole time. Still, despite everything that transpired the All Blacks had a chance to get ahead on the scoreboard and couldn't take it and that's all that matters at the end.

For those that don't follow union that closely, the powers at be will consider that a classic match - which is farcical.

For the game itself, a lot will be mentioned about the officiating but that game came down to goal kicking

NZ: 50%
RSA: 100%

There's your world cup
May as well just have a penalty shoot out.
So South Africa can’t score a single try against a team missing a player the whole game and they’re the best team in the world?
What has rugby done to itself?
The was an eyesore.

Cane: “Obviously so many s*** emotions, on a personal level and on behalf of the team. Mixed in there is a heck of a lot of pride with the way the boys fought out there tonight, gave ourselves an opportunity. They’re just a bunch of warriors.”

Did he let slip more players are joining RTS coming to the Warriors???
Who would we want? No fkn Barretts please, Beuden dropped more ball in that final than Manu's horror game.

Union is screwed with too many rules ... Rugby was a basic game once, now it's a complicated stop and start mess...

What sort of spectacle is a WC final when 1 team has 14 men for 70 min... that result was a hollow win for SA who needed a leg up and still nearly lost...

See what Razor does with the ABS now... meanwhile back to the league ... we may lose more than win .... but there's never a dull moment...

Last time I watched the AB’s live was at Stadium De France when big Jona was playing

Cant for the life of me remember who won or if the game was any good

All I remember was Jona and the non-alcoholic beers my mates were trying to get drunk on 😆

Anyone know if you they now sell alcoholic beers there????? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can’t for the life stand watching rugby anymore …

I know it's been talked compared to and said over and over.
But the beautiful simple game of Rugby League 🏉 👏 even with the refs nitpicking is still simply glorious compared to the disjointed game we witnessed this morning.
What a blackeye to the sport of rugby union that was, it needs stripping right back to bare and restarted.

I know it's been talked compared to and said over and over.
But the beautiful simple game of Rugby League 🏉 👏 even with the refs nitpicking is still simply glorious compared to the disjointed game we witnessed this morning.
What a blackeye to the sport of rugby union that was, it needs stripping right back to bare and restarted.
Yeah compare that to the nrl grand final.
Worlds apart.

Back