General Predictions for 2009

kane_old

After reading my copy of RLW cover to cover heres mine:

1. Manly Sea Eagles - They are looking good. Sure they have lost a lot of experience with steve menzies leaving but have got a lot of talent to get over that.

2. NZ Warriors - I am really excited about next year. We have bought well with the gain of denan kemp and luring stacey jones out of retirement could be a masterstroke.

3. Melbourne Storm - Will struggle without Matt Geyer and Michael Crocker but dont count the storm out. They are a quality football side.

4. St George - Illawarra - Will be the big improvers in my eyes. The gain of experience of luke priddis and the coaching of wayne bennett will turn the club around.

5. Brisbane Broncos - Have lost a lot of experience but will still but a genuine threat.

6. Parramatta Eels - Will move on from the disaster of 2008.

7. Wests Tigers - They look good. Benji Marshall will need to keep up his form from the world cup though. have also bought well with Gareth Ellis joining the club.

8. Sydney Roosters - Have a good side. Have lost amos roberts and anthony tuopu but have gained jordan tansey from leeds. Mitchell peace and braith anasta will need to step up.

9. Gold Coast - Also have a good lineup but like 2008 will fall at the final hurdle.

10. Canterbury Bulldogs - Brett Kimmorley will bring the side back from being pretenders to contenders.

11. Cronulla Sharks - Have bought well with Trent Barrett but will miss Brett Kimmorley

12. North QLD Cowboys - Will improve in 2009 but injuries will be their downfall.

13. Newcastle Knights - Having lost Danny Buderus I dont see them as a threat.

14. South Sydney - Will again struggle through the early rounds. Have bought well with Rhys Wesser and Colin Best.

15. Canberra Raiders - Have lost too many of their big name players. Will rise again though.

16. Penrith Panthers - 2009 will be a rebuilding year for the blackcats. Like the raiders have lost a lot of their talent and will struggle.

So there they are my tips for the ladder placings for 2009. Now for the long 3 month wait for the competion to start.

Tajhay_old

amazing that people here think that the broncos will get in the 8...even hardcore brisbane fans think that it will be a longshot with stagg likely to goto bulldogs too. their team is decimated...just for signing falou haha

and st george is rated too high too...wayne bennett cant conjure up magic...they have gained a few players but it will take a while to gel. i think they will be another disappointment next year.

daj3_old

I've been looking around some other forums to see their predictions. It's strange, to say the least. A few people put the warriors at 4-8, a lot of people put them out of the top 8. I really don't understand it, the warriors were the second best team in the comp at the end of 2008, what's supposedly happened to the warriors since then to predict a drop? Or has every other team signed far better?

I'm predicting a drop for the Storm, the loss of Geyer, Folau, Crocker, J. Smith etc etc... is gonna tell. I think their forward pack is gonna be a bit fresh, and the loss of Folau will be noticeable. They certainly won't have the same air of invincibility about them.

Manly will carry their form through to 2009, although origin will make it hard for them as their "no-names" from last year are now origin candidates. Warriors are in the same boat now though, I just hope we look after Price.

1) Manly
2) Warriors
3) Roosters
4) Dragons
5) Storm
6) Titans
7) Cronulla
8) Raiders
9) Cowboys
10) Tigers
11) Broncos
12) Eels
13) Knights
14) Rabbitohs
15) Bulldogs
16) Panthers

Last edited by a moderator:

insulinboi_old

I had a dream last night we made the grand final I think... might have been the semi, and it was against the dragons and we won.

AmieJ_old

Its because Australians don't like the Warriors daj.

I like the warriors!!!

If I had to make a guess this would b my top 8!! I have no reason behind it as Im still learning the game, and I dn't knw coaches and players of every team...

But I do think that the warriors stand a good chance in 2009, especially after coming so close in 2008 and new signings. Manly are still going to be the Team to beat, and I think Melbourne have had their time in the spotlight, and 2009 will be their falling...

1. Manly
2. Warriors
3. Dragons
4. Roosters
5. Eels
6. Melbourne
7. Knights
8. Rabbitohs

Kid-Dynamite_old

Some are saying they are suprised that the Broncos have been named in some top 8's!

I'm more suprised that there are numerous people that are picking the Eels to be in the 8!

Jesbass_old

I like the warriors!!!

If I had to make a guess this would b my top 8!! I have no reason behind it as Im still learning the game, and I dn't knw coaches and players of every team...

But I do think that the warriors stand a good chance in 2009, especially after coming so close in 2008 and new signings. Manly are still going to be the Team to beat, and I think Melbourne have had their time in the spotlight, and 2009 will be their falling...

1. Manly
2. Warriors
3. Dragons
4. Roosters
5. Eels
6. Melbourne
7. Knights
8. Rabbitohs

Hey Amie, just a couple of curious questions...

1) How long have you been following the sport?

2) As a relatively new league fan, (and especially as an Australian), what drew you towards supporting the Warriors?

Kid-Dynamite_old

KD, the Eels have a good squad, they just had a poor coach.

It's always the coach's fault huh! ;)

I don't rate there squad though! Sure they have players like Hayne, Inu and Mateo along with the leadership of Cayless, Hindmarsh and Finch but to me they lack anything to be feared! They have recruited no one special, and while they have Inu and Hayne, those two can be a bit hot and cold and if they're not playing to form, the Eels are poos!

Finch is good, but he can't do it on his own! Successful tems have qauality in both 6 and 7, and I don't think Keating is class enough!

While Hindmarsh is good, he tackles so much, he offers nothing on attack! He needs to learn to balance his game to be at his best!

Looking at there potential bench in RLW, it offers nothing!

To me, they've made no changes on the player roster, so it'll just be the same old from this year!

African Monkey_old

*Bump*

Well it looks like everyone was well off the mark with the Warriors with no-one picking them to come below 4th. Some people even thought the Bulldogs would finish in the bottom 2.