General Post your own Power Rankings

I agree with brown (and your picks) that the Eels are the third best team this year due to the style and way they play the game. They have that same intensity and speed the storm and panthers play with and a high ceiling.

Having said that, they are not quite clicking at the moment and in a power ranking (form based) I have the cowboys, on a 3 game win streak (including a 31 points win over the Eels) as in better form.
I was prob a bit harsh on the Eels, for some reason I had them on a 3 match losing streak which isn’t correct. I should have them in 5th or 6th I think

Power to me is a mix of who is in form and who is truely the best team
Who is best can change throughout the season
How do you define power rankings ?
Current form over say the past 3-5 weeks allowing for quality of opposition.

If you played them next week, the order they would currently be from toughest to easiest.

Obviously very subjective.

Sowards lists changed week to week based on results so it should be fairly influenced by recent form.

Last edited:
Current form over say the past 3-5 weeks allowing for quality of opposition.

If you played them next week, the order they would currently be from toughest to easiest.

Obviously very subjective.

Sowards lists changed week to week based on results so it should be fairly influenced by recent form.
Yeah I’ve always thought it is the order of who you would expect to win if everyone played on neutral grounds. Obviously current form important and should ultimately be a good gauge of the quality of the team.

The anomaly right now is probably the Roosters - based on the lineup you would expect them to be much better, however key players are getting older and their halves in particular are struggling big time.

Reactions: wizards rage

tajhay

🏉
We used to have power rankings on this site before. Might be brought next year so users can do their own and update each week. (It's an application itself much like tipping/virtual bookie on here and not forum based).

Many many moons ago I created a formula based spreadsheet which calculated the power rankings based off recent form and the quality of opposition teams were beating. Soward got a lot of heat for his power rankings, but that's primarily because the Australasian market doesn't understand how power rankings work. Fans would get upset that their teams early on in season were ranked lower than the ladder etc. His power rankings seemed to take into account the quality of the opposition that teams were beating - which is absolutely how power rankings work.

Fans for whatever reason can make criticism of their team themselves, but cant handle it when an outsider does the same.

We used to have power rankings on this site before. Might be brought next year so users can do their own and update each week. (It's an application itself much like tipping/virtual bookie on here and not forum based).

Many many moons ago I created a formula based spreadsheet which calculated the power rankings based off recent form and the quality of opposition teams were beating. Soward got a lot of heat for his power rankings, but that's primarily because the Australasian market doesn't understand how power rankings work. Fans would get upset that their teams early on in season were ranked lower than the ladder etc. His power rankings seemed to take into account the quality of the opposition that teams were beating - which is absolutely how power rankings work.

Fans for whatever reason can make criticism of their team themselves, but cant handle it when an outsider does the same.
That would be gun to have a proper thread and app for it Tajhay !!!

Yeah I’ve always thought it is the order of who you would expect to win if everyone played on neutral grounds. Obviously current form important and should ultimately be a good gauge of the quality of the team.

The anomaly right now is probably the Roosters - based on the lineup you would expect them to be much better, however key players are getting older and their halves in particular are struggling big time.
Roosters may be playing possum. They seem to conserve their strength for a late season form run each year. They will also be having late night discussions about minor tweaks they can make to their approach to turn things around. Many people tipped them for the premiership this year and I am still banking on them at least making the Grand Final. I can see them beating the Storm in the playoffs. Especially if they are coasting in 3rd gear at the moment.
Is the expression "sleeper team" correct for them?

Roosters may be playing possum. They seem to conserve their strength for a late season form run each year. They will also be having late night discussions about minor tweaks they can make to their approach to turn things around. Many people tipped them for the premiership this year and I am still banking on them at least making the Grand Final. I can see them beating the Storm in the playoffs. Especially if they are coasting in 3rd gear at the moment.
Roosters have lost to the dragons and bulldogs the last 2 weeks. That’s wooden spoon material.

If they are playing possum, I hope they don’t accidentally become road kill…

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death
Nah they just aren’t that good - the talk before the season kicked off about them being favourites for the comp made no sense. They were only really getting Keary back to boost the team that got thrashed by all the top sides last year, and he was coming back from an ACL. He and Walker are linking terribly with the back line, I’m not sure Walker should even hold his spot ahead of Drew Hutchison. At this point I would still be surprised if they don’t make the 8 however don’t think they are close to genuine contenders this season.

So what’s everyone’s thoughts on power rankings after magic round? Taking into consideration some major injury issues mine would be:

1. Panthers (daylight second)
2. Cowboys
3. Storm
4. Broncos
5. Roosters
6. Eels
7. Sharks
8. Rabbits
9. Sea Eagles
10. Dragons
11. Raiders
12. Tigers
13. Titans
14. Knights
15. Warriors
16. Bulldogs

However I honestly would not be confident that we beat the Dogs right now.

Reactions: Worried2Death
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on power rankings after magic round? Taking into consideration some major injury issues mine would be:

1. Panthers (daylight second)
2. Cowboys
3. Storm
4. Broncos
5. Roosters
6. Eels
7. Sharks
8. Rabbits
9. Sea Eagles
10. Dragons
11. Raiders
12. Tigers
13. Titans
14. Knights
15. Warriors
16. Bulldogs

However I honestly would not be confident that we beat the Dogs right now.
I would go warriors as 16th at the moment quite easily until they can put together an 80 minute performance

Eels are definitely 3rd
They are pacing themselves as in past seasons they have fizzled late rounds

1 Panthers
2 Storm as long as Paps comes back soon
3 Eels
Daylight
4 roosters
5 sharks
Daylight
6 Broncos
7 Cowboys
8 Manly
9 Souths
Daylight
10 St George
11 Raiders
Daylights
12 Titans
13 Knights
Daylight
14 Wests
15 Bulldogs
Daylight
16 Warriors * At this point of the season.

1 Panthers
2 Storm
3 Cowboys
4 Eels
5 Broncos
6 Roosters
7 Sharks
8 Souths
9 Dragons
10 Manly
11 Titans
12 Raiders
13 Warriors
14 Knights
15 Tigers
16 Bulldogs
I like that

there is case for the warriors for anywhere from 11th to 16th

We don't know who what our team is after ten games into the season.

Reactions: tajhay
1 Panthers
2 Storm as long as Paps comes back soon
3 Eels
Daylight
4 roosters
5 sharks
Daylight
6 Broncos
7 Cowboys
8 Manly
9 Souths
Daylight
10 St George
11 Raiders
Daylights
12 Titans
13 Knights
Daylight
14 Wests
15 Bulldogs
Daylight
16 Warriors * At this point of the season.
You’re in denial on the Cowboys wrighty, they’re the real deal I reckon - mind you next 2 weeks will provide proof one way or the other!

Reactions: wizards rage