General Poor crowds.

warriors4life_old

Guest
haami said:
After watching the Warriors beat Johns and his knights today,if that doesn't bring the fans back,i dont know what will....the Boys were fantastic!!!!

Yeah if we put together more performances like that and the fans are still not coming in then I think it's time that the NZRL look at other parts of the country for the good of the team and the NRL.
 

Trotbags_old

Guest
When you take into account the weather was bitterly cold, the AB game the night before and our current standing on the table - it is understandable why only the hardcore were there. Though I did see David Gallop sitting up behind me and also Brian McClennan just down from me in the stands.

The West stand was very empty - when the game started it was like being in a tomb - you could hear people talking 20m away! Then there was a big hit by our boys and the crowd started making noise again. The East stand is pretty vocal - it sounds impressive when they fire up.

Funny bit of the afternoon: A bloke in front of me yelled at the Ref "to sort his sh*t out because his boss was watching" - referring to Gallop.
 

MiXmasterreece_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
haami said:
After watching the Warriors beat Johns and his knights today,if that doesn't bring the fans back,i dont know what will....the Boys were fantastic!!!!

Yeah if we put together more performances like that and the fans are still not coming in then I think it's time that the NZRL look at other parts of the country for the good of the team and the NRL.

I dont think any other parts of the country would really perk up the attendance numbers.

Perhaps if the team had been based at the Westpac Trust Stadium then maybe, but if they moved it there now people wouldnt go.

The answer is not to move the team, I think Auckland is the natural place for this team, I'm convinced if we keep winning games (and have a shot at the top 8) people will start coming back in droves.
 

Wiki_old

Guest
MiXmasterreece said:
I dont think any other parts of the country would really perk up the attendance numbers.

Jade Stadium had over 15,000 there at the start of the season.

I think putting two games at Jade per year would be good. I would be there. And now is perfect as the stadium isn't used for anything bar an All Black test. It would be a great time to put a league match in there. It would also test the water for a possible inclusion of a South Island team.

The obvious problem would be that the franchise wouldn't be able to offer any decent season ticket deal. Well they could, but the consumer wouldn't receive the usual amount of games.
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
Wiki said:
MiXmasterreece said:
I dont think any other parts of the country would really perk up the attendance numbers.

Jade Stadium had over 15,000 there at the start of the season.

I think putting two games at Jade per year would be good. I would be there. And now is perfect as the stadium isn't used for anything bar an All Black test. It would be a great time to put a league match in there. It would also test the water for a possible inclusion of a South Island team.

The obvious problem would be that the franchise wouldn't be able to offer any decent season ticket deal. Well they could, but the consumer wouldn't receive the usual amount of games.

That is definitely a concern of mine, as a season ticket holder. A reduction in the number of matches may make no difference to the price.
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
Trotbags said:
When you take into account the weather was bitterly cold, the AB game the night before and our current standing on the table - it is understandable why only the hardcore were there. Though I did see David Gallop sitting up behind me and also Brian McClennan just down from me in the stands.

The West stand was very empty - when the game started it was like being in a tomb - you could hear people talking 20m away! Then there was a big hit by our boys and the crowd started making noise again. The East stand is pretty vocal - it sounds impressive when they fire up.

Funny bit of the afternoon: A bloke in front of me yelled at the Ref "to sort his sh*t out because his boss was watching" - referring to Gallop.

I can understand McClennan being at the game but why would David Gallop be over here watching it?
 

sebastian_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
Trotbags said:
When you take into account the weather was bitterly cold, the AB game the night before and our current standing on the table - it is understandable why only the hardcore were there. Though I did see David Gallop sitting up behind me and also Brian McClennan just down from me in the stands.

The West stand was very empty - when the game started it was like being in a tomb - you could hear people talking 20m away! Then there was a big hit by our boys and the crowd started making noise again. The East stand is pretty vocal - it sounds impressive when they fire up.

Funny bit of the afternoon: A bloke in front of me yelled at the Ref "to sort his sh*t out because his boss was watching" - referring to Gallop.

I can understand McClennan being at the game but why would David Gallop be over here watching it?

I agree, can he take our licence away due to poor crowds?? I think the fans gave up the moment we lost 4 points. I bet next year it'll be way better. I think some unloyal fans just didn't think we had a chance from the moment the points were gone.
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
Trotbags said:
When you take into account the weather was bitterly cold, the AB game the night before and our current standing on the table - it is understandable why only the hardcore were there. Though I did see David Gallop sitting up behind me and also Brian McClennan just down from me in the stands.

The West stand was very empty - when the game started it was like being in a tomb - you could hear people talking 20m away! Then there was a big hit by our boys and the crowd started making noise again. The East stand is pretty vocal - it sounds impressive when they fire up.

Funny bit of the afternoon: A bloke in front of me yelled at the Ref "to sort his sh*t out because his boss was watching" - referring to Gallop.

I can understand McClennan being at the game but why would David Gallop be over here watching it?

The NRL is openly concerned by our poor crowd turnouts. He was probably taking a look with his own eyes.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Jesbass said:
warriors4life said:
Trotbags said:
When you take into account the weather was bitterly cold, the AB game the night before and our current standing on the table - it is understandable why only the hardcore were there. Though I did see David Gallop sitting up behind me and also Brian McClennan just down from me in the stands.

The West stand was very empty - when the game started it was like being in a tomb - you could hear people talking 20m away! Then there was a big hit by our boys and the crowd started making noise again. The East stand is pretty vocal - it sounds impressive when they fire up.

Funny bit of the afternoon: A bloke in front of me yelled at the Ref "to sort his sh*t out because his boss was watching" - referring to Gallop.

I can understand McClennan being at the game but why would David Gallop be over here watching it?

The NRL is openly concerned by our poor crowd turnouts. He was probably taking a look with his own eyes.

Anyone see a pic of him sitting on the railing? LOL. Thought he might fall off it!
 

-Dr.J-_old

Guest
a) Fans like consistency
b) Fans like flashy play
c) Fans like when the players look like they're giving it their all
d) FANS LIKE WHEN THEY WIN!

Three things the Warriors fall over on at the best of times lately. I can see why people don't go, but it will improve if they improve their play.
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
RS_Dragon said:
Perhapes this is something the committee could take to the Warriors?

Don't look at me. I don't even know if the committee even exists, any more...and I should know, one would think. :?
 

Northern_Union

Guest
Were on a winning streak going into the Panthers game. We're coming off a record winning margin.....and we get 8700 to the game. What the hell is going on with the crowds?
I say again...take the games on the road. If Auckland is to ignorant to have all of the Warriors home games then give some to the rest of the country where they will get a good crowd.
After all... the team is called the NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS.
 

2big2strong_old

Guest
i agree dragon, we're playing the best footbal we have in 3 years and auckland aren't appreciating it. I was talking to one of my mates from Chch and he said him and his mates would pay $50 each to go to a warriors game at jade. does anyone know how big the crowds have been in our other matches this year outside auckland?
 

*Kimmy*_old

Guest
Looked like a pretty good crowd last night for the warriors..i was shocked when it said there was only around 8,000. I'm sure there was more!!
 

warriorfaithful*_old

Guest
I reckon if (actually no WHEN) we beat the doggies we should get at least 10,000 to the following game vs the eels at ericson!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

*Kimmy*_old

Guest
warriorfaithful* said:
I reckon if (actually no WHEN) we beat the doggies we should get at least 10,000 to the following game vs the eels at ericson!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol @ when. It'll be a tight match though..GO THE DOGGIES!!
 

Wiki_old

Guest
2black2strong said:
i agree dragon, we're playing the best footbal we have in 3 years and auckland aren't appreciating it. I was talking to one of my mates from Chch and he said him and his mates would pay $50 each to go to a warriors game at jade. does anyone know how big the crowds have been in our other matches this year outside auckland?

Christchurch had about 14,000 or 15,000 there this year!
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
You guys sound jealous! hahahaha. Again people forget everyone has a life. they can't spend every weekend going to just about everything that is happening. If the public and media were a little more helpful and made these things open and knowledge to people about what is happening.

1-work commitmnet
2- family life
3- do people actually know what rugby league is? half the peopple I know back home can't tell the difference! (of course they think i'm mental that I can tell which is which)
4- peole have this perception of winning, they forget going to a game isn't just about winning its about having fun, turning up with your mates..etc and having a ball (win or lose. nothing better than sticking it in into the opposition)
5- sometimes when you're at a game you get put off by other annoying people. ex: last game at home against the Knights, where I was there was this damn annoying dickhead yelling out. **** moron.
 

2big2strong_old

Guest
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
You guys sound jealous! hahahaha. Again people forget everyone has a life. they can't spend every weekend going to just about everything that is happening. If the public and media were a little more helpful and made these things open and knowledge to people about what is happening.

1-work commitmnet
2- family life
3- do people actually know what rugby league is? half the peopple I know back home can't tell the difference! (of course they think i'm mental that I can tell which is which)
4- peole have this perception of winning, they forget going to a game isn't just about winning its about having fun, turning up with your mates..etc and having a ball (win or lose. nothing better than sticking it in into the opposition)
5- sometimes when you're at a game you get put off by other annoying people. ex: last game at home against the Knights, where I was there was this damn annoying dickhead yelling out. **** moron.


whaaaat????

Auckland has NZ's largets population (aprox 1.3 million - a third of the counrty's population) and you're saying 8 000 people turning up to a game is justified by what you just said?

the truth is Kiwi's are the biggest bandwagoners in the world. when a team is winning it's "thats my team" when they're losing its "bloody useless, im switching to....sailing!" i remember when the all blacks got beaten in 2003 WC, at telstra there were people taking off their AB's clothing and leaving them in the stadium because they didn't want to be on a losing team. bad bad bad attitude, even saw one guy burn his jersey.

I've (and most of us on this forum) have been going for the warriors since day 1 win or lose but te fact is the rest of NZ doesn't unless they're at the top of the table. disgusts me

also WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING IN AUCKLAND???? rugby is over, there is 1.3 million people in auckland, 0.3 of that is probably at KFC while the game is on.
there is 140 thousand people in Newcastle and they still get 20,000 to their games win or lose