General Playing 17

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
The bench mix is still not right as was evident last night when Lawton did not play yet we were one player down. I can understand having some cover for Luke, especially after his long flight, but they should have used a fresh player, Lawton, in some capacity. He could have come on for 5-10 minutes even if it meant pushing Luke back to 13.
Kearney has done this previously with Cook and Roache.

What do you think?

Reactions: Sup42

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
The bench mix is still not right as was evident last night when Lawton did not play yet we were one player down. I can understand having some cover for Luke, especially after his long flight, but they should have used a fresh player, Lawton, in some capacity. He could have come on for 5-10 minutes even if it meant pushing Luke back to 13.

What do you think?
I would suggest Lawton saw no game time, because we used 2 interchanges in 12mins on Bunty. And needed to save a few to keep our big boys rotated in the 2nd half as we were a prop down.

Pure speculation, but that would be my guess given 8 interchanges is very hard to manage when injuries come.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012

What do you think?
SK addressed this in his presser. said that because he had an early injury he had to modify plans on the fly and leave luke out for longer (therefore i assume he was in the mix to get a rest). As he had pointed out he had used 4 interchanges by half time. i guess he didnt want to risk using more and having only 3 in the second half and a risk of injury.

Reactions: bruce

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings