TeamList Warriors vs Knights [Round 4, 2024]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Contributor
Warriors vs Knights - Round 4, 2024 TEAM LIST

2021 NRL Round 2 vs Knights 004.jpg

This is your NZWF thread for discussion on this weeks official NZ Warriors team list. Team list will be posted as soon as its released by the club...

Warriors v Knights: Trio racing the clock; Thompson banned​

AuthorNRL.com
For the first time since their season ended there at the hands of the Warriors last September, the Knights head back to Go Media Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

The Warriors are back in Auckland for their second home game on the trot – after they earned their first win of the season last Friday against the Raiders in Christchurch – and will be looking to continue their climb up the ladder after a slow start in 2024.

Newcastle meanwhile overcame a sloppy display against the Storm, which included missing 41 tackles, to secure a two-point win which improves them to a 2-1 record, with fullback Kalyn Ponga and back-rower Kai Pearce-Paul their standout performers.

Knights prop Leo Thompson will miss the match after copping a one-game ban for Dangerous Contact, while the Warriors will have their fingers crossed hooker Wayde Egan (elbow) will be good to go after being a late withdrawal from their squad each of their past two games.

Utility Dylan Walker (ankle) and fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (hamstring) are also chances of being available.

The Round 1 defeat to Cronulla was the Warriors' first loss in eight games at Go Media Stadium, while the Knights have won at the venue just twice in 15 visits since 2006.

Stat Attack​

• The Knights have not won in New Zealand since 2019.
  • Warriors winger Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has scored nine tries in his past eight games at Go Media Stadium.
  • Knights coach Adam O’Brien will reach the milestone of 100 games as head coach.

So if RTS has a complete blinder at fullback Does that mean the CNK to center crowd who have disappeared since round 1 last year come back out of the woodwork?

I mean, he's looked elite in the times he's gone back there already. I think he had a stint in the first and third games, and went back there in one of the trials I think too?

He's looked as good as he's ever been so I imagine he'll go well, but yeah let's stick to the plan with CNK, I'd love to see 5 games of CNK full back and RTS at centre to see how they go together

I mean, he's looked elite in the times he's gone back there already. I think he had a stint in the first and third games, and went back there in one of the trials I think too?

He's looked as good as he's ever been so I imagine he'll go well, but yeah let's stick to the plan with CNK, I'd love to see 5 games of CNK full back and RTS at centre to see how they go together
CNK is my number one. Im a big fan of Taine although ive already mentally prepared to lose him next year but i think RTS is gonna cement himself pretty quickly as the number 2 fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back