Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Guys serious question here - were the Tigers better than I thought?

As a totally one eyed warriors supporter I thought they were below par. Every bloody Aussie article I have read today is pumping up the Tigers like they will go undefeated this year!!! Benji and Sezer are as good as Ivan and Nathan haha
Tigers fans in Sydney are the similar to Dragons fans- they tend to over rate their players and are dumbfounded when they don’t win.
Reading some of the Tigers perspective they were happy with the win but I think they over estimated the caliber of players we ran out, they’re pointing out that their big guns went off after 20-30 and seem to think the refs screwed them (sound familiar?).
If I was a Tigers fan I’d be disappointed they couldn’t put 12 men to the sword.

I am in a sappy mood today and feeling emotionally upset for Zyon Maiu’u.
He was an idiot for getting himself sent off but it just happened because he was over excited.
Now what happens to his career for 2024? He ideally needed to show well in these trial matches to push Ale and Bunty in the pecking order. This ban of 4 weeks for him is real set back for his 2024 plans. I am sure he can still get some first grade time if he does well in NSW cup but what is happened has thrown him into Plan B mode instead of Plan A in terms of his and the coaches plans for him this year.
Poor Guy.... Sad Face.GIF
To be honest I have no sympathy, to be a professional you need to curb that enthusiasm and getting sent off like that shows a lack of discipline and control.
Hopefully he learns from it and better he does it here rather than a game that matters but he needs it out of his game

I don't think he meant to do that. Common-sense says its accidental. Which it was. No arms or shoulders came in contact with the head. In which case 1 - 2 weeks for an accidental head clash would suffice.
Intent unfortunately doesn’t matter anymore in either code. It’s deemed professional sportsmen’s technique should be good enough to not get in that position.
End of day it was bad technique that sent a guy to hospital, don’t think we can be too upset at a send off

Whose your whole bench. I think we all have agreed on the 1-13 is

I have
14 Walker
15 Niukore
16 Bunty
17 Jazz

If you put CHT or TMM there it starts to look like

14 Walker
15 CHT/TMM
16 Niukore
17 Bunty/Ale

I think with the second line up that CHT / TMM will on nights there are no injuries do a lot of bench warming and then get our there for a 15 minute run at hooker and then that is there night. And which point you are better off with Lussick. The previous utility Sironen had the 15 minutes at hooker plus a 10-15 minute go at second row. TMM and CHT will feel unemployed on nights everyone is fit. Still other teams have backs cover and let a guy just sit on the bench just in case.

Bangbros said "TMM could play hooker, Halves, and Fullback!" CHT can cover the same positions and also Lock. Not sure if you went for one of them who I would choose. as back cover utility. Probably TMM because if anyone is going to get injured it will be CNK and TMM is the better full back out of him and CHT.

At this stage I'm at

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 R T Sheck
5 M Montoya
6 L Metcalf
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 J Ford
12 K Capewell
13 T Harris

14 T M Martin
15 M Niukore
16 T Ale
17 D Walker

To be honest I have no sympathy, to be a professional you need to curb that enthusiasm and getting sent off like that shows a lack of discipline and control.
Hopefully he learns from it and better he does it here rather than a game that matters but he needs it out of his game
I know you are right
It was just the look on his face. I will never forget the look on his little face when he ran on the field. He was soooooooooo excited. It was like 1000 christmas days had arrived all at once and he was just delighted to be a part of it.
Is he Pasifika? He looked Pasifika, if so those boys are religious and very quiet. He looked deeply ashamed when he was sent off like he had let his whole team down and like he wanted the earth the swallow him up. I feel awful for him. But yes he has to accept responsibility and not get so overly excited and learn from this you are right.

At this stage I'm at

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 R T Sheck
5 M Montoya
6 L Metcalf
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 J Ford
12 K Capewell
13 T Harris

14 T M Martin
15 M Niukore
16 T Ale
17 D Walker
Not sure there’s room for both Martin and Walker on the Bench, although Walker is generally a forward he’s a back injury cover- not sure we can carry 2 backs. Good problem to have fitting guys in though, I like your team but would also be happy with a number of those swapped out too

At this stage I'm at

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 R T Sheck
5 M Montoya
6 L Metcalf
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 J Ford
12 K Capewell
13 T Harris

14 T M Martin
15 M Niukore
16 T Ale
17 D Walker
In terms of the Bunty vs Ale debate. As mentioned I am team Bunty. However one thing I will say is that Tom Ale really ripped in yesterday. He knew it was an important game for his career and he played his little heart out and did himself and his Whanau very proud. Well played Tom. Some people seized the moment. Some people like Zyon Maiu’u definitely didn't seize the moment, but Tom seized his.

I know you are right
It was just the look on his face. I will never forget the look on his little face when he ran on the field. He was soooooooooo excited. It was like 1000 christmas days had arrived all at once and he was just delighted to be a part of it.
Is he Pasifika? He looked Pasifika, if so those boys are religious and very quiet. He looked deeply ashamed when he was sent off like he had let his whole team down and like he wanted the earth the swallow him up. I feel awful for him. But yes he has to accept responsibility and not get so overly excited and learn from this you are right.
Yeah I can get the disappointment I felt similar for a Japanese guy on my team last season let the red mist get the better of him and got sent off- guy was in tears on the sideline, felt bad but he also massively effected the outcome of the game.
I’ve been playing contact sports for close to 30years and never been carded so know it’s in the most part controllable. Be disappointed sure but also have better control

In terms of the Bunty vs Ale debate. As mentioned I am team Bunty. However one thing I will say is that Tom Ale really ripped in yesterday. He knew it was an important game for his career and he played his little heart out and did himself and his Whanau very proud. Well played Tom. Some people seized the moment. Some people like Zyon Maiu’u definitely didn't seize the moment, but Tom seized his.
I’ve been a bit off Bunty not kicking on (particularly last season) but he looked a level above yesterday

Even in local grass roots clubland, Zion would be sent off.
4 weeks is about right for his carelessness.
Granted Going banged bin sideways but Zion should have adjusted.
Referees and rightly so, and I do it, look at the offence and the condition of the victim before deciding the fate of the offender.

I’ve been a bit off Bunty not kicking on (particularly last season) but he looked a level above yesterday
At last someone saw what I saw !!! Thank you.
He to the eye test really surpassed and really muscled it up in the first 15 minutes when their big star forwards were on and Ice in particular was laying out beat downs. That was the best I have ever seen Bunty play. Someone else said it looked like he had bulked up his thighs considerably if so that could explain a lot.

Sifakula, Laban, Zion and Halasima are IMO at the very least quality first graders in waiting.
Laban has been the most talked about after yesterday and he deserves that.
But Halasima really is something else.
Sifakula showed in a small sample in first grade that he has the goods.
Zion impressed me heaps last year.

Sifakula, Laban, Zion and Halasima are IMO at the very least quality first graders in waiting.
Exactly and I would throw in the new signing Toupunuia. Didn't see much of him but a lot to like

At last someone saw what I saw !!! Thank you.
He to the eye test really surpassed and really muscled it up in the first 15 minutes when their big star forwards were on and Ice in particular was laying out beat downs. That was the best I have ever seen Bunty play. Someone else said it looked like he had bulked up his thighs considerably if so that could explain a lot.
Bunty did this last year in all the games he started. Coming off the bench is not his friend.
Defensively he was super busy and effective. Second, third man in repeatedly.
Offensively carted the ball up to where he was supposed to.
Took all the heat in the first 20/25 and then Barnett, Walker and Jazz could come on.

It has been bothering me who it was Laban reminded me of - finally it came to me - he looks like a young Hugh McGahan

Ale named in team of the round for Bloke In a Bar (Denan Kemp podcast). One more for Team Ale in the great Bunty V Ale debate

1000006212.jpg

Back