General Player Link

Sup42

Sup42

Did anyone else see the Item on Sterlo tonight about the System the Bulldogs are using from the States called player link ?

Each player has an Ipad / Tab which they use to do their ' home work ' on their own games and the opposition.

For Example I noticed one of the shots showed a player Looking at a Screen like so :

Johson Right Foot

• Slow release
  • Found space only 56.1 %
  • Does 68 % of kicking
Warriors Lead NRL wi/ 40/20's

Johnson has 4

(all on 3rd and 4th tackle )

Leuluai Right Foot

Found space 66 % of the time Avg. only 37m w / kick pressure.

Very interesting I thought. They also get sent Video of the games in sections so they can just look at their own game instead of having to watch hours of video , Des Hassler will circle where they should have been standing etc during their plays.

The main Sell of the concept is that players have to do their home work or the Coaching staff will know if they haven't read stuff etc.....players can message Des and get advice on stuff ( big advantage in our shy fellahs set up I recon ).

There were all the usual charts on where Johnson and Leuluai run and the direction of their kicks.

I think the Warriors need this programme especially the ability to just focus on their own home work instead of trying to hold attention on complex league overviews of what other people in the team should be doing.

The Player Link idea is the latest evolution from the Money ball stats based stuff in the Movie of the same name.

Reactions: 1 users
ramraider78

ramraider78

Did anyone else see the Item on Sterlo tonight about the System the Bulldogs are using from the States called player link ?

Each player has an Ipad / Tab which they use to do their ' home work ' on their own games and the opposition.

For Example I noticed one of the shots showed a player Looking at a Screen like so :

Johson Right Foot

• Slow release
    Found space only 56.1 %
    Does 68 % of kicking

Johnson has 4

Leuluai Right Foot

Very interesting I thought. They also get sent Video of the games in sections so they can just look at their own game instead of having to watch hours of video , Des Hassler will circle where they should have been standing etc during their plays.

The main Sell of the concept is that players have to do their home work or the Coaching staff will know if they haven't read stuff etc.....players can message Des and get advice on stuff ( big advantage in our shy fellahs set up I recon ).

There were all the usual charts on where Johnson and Leuluai run and the direction of their kicks.

I think the Warriors need this programme especially the ability to just focus on their own home work instead of trying to hold attention on complex league overviews of what other people in the team should be doing.

The Player Link idea is the latest evolution from the Money ball stats based stuff in the Movie of the same name.
I seen hurell and Shaun Johnson using a ipad each earlier this year at training, I thought ME had implemented a similar program? ME likes those NFL ideas

Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

Some company that sponsors the Warriors gave the whole team and staff ipads for this purpose, I am sure it is being put to good use...

koolkat

koolkat

Obviously the warriors are the using the wrong network connection,#Shitsorryboyz

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Thats it, thanks mate... remember the good old days when Matty Ridge was on those DTR adds?
Nothing about Ridge being at the Warriors makes me feel good. He was a self-centred cancer who fucked around on the field then tried to fuck the boys contacts off it. I hate that prick!!!

Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

He was awful to, back in the days when an outside back could get away with being a genuine girls blouse, the number of times he whiffed on attempting a tackle so that he could stick his foot in and try and kick the ball out.

koolkat

koolkat

I think it's a great idea everyone sports wise is using this link, it started with the ashes series 05/06 where the English bowlers found the Aussie batters weakness against the swinging ball. they where all given a batsman to target where to place the field it worked a treat turned punter into a wreck he was Anderson's bunny,it actually started the down fall of Aussie cricket IMO

lolcaeks

lolcaeks

Nothing about Ridge being at the Warriors makes me feel good. He was a self-centred cancer who fucked around on the field then tried to fuck the boys contacts off it. I hate that prick!!!

I was chilling at Parnell Pools one day and Matthew and his wingman just came up and started talking to me (like pretty cool dudes)

then this chick was like running along the walkway

He was like " damn look at that ass, wouldnt mind ploughing that"

then these other two young glamours walked in

him and his mate were right on the offensive, straight over chatting them up

massive age gap like these chicks must of been early 20s and him and his mate like in their 40s

nekk minute they were all bailing in his ride

point of the story, he lived up to his rep

Reactions: 2 users
Gee

Gee

Johson Right Foot

• Slow release
    Found space only 56.1 %
    Does 68 % of kicking

Johnson has 4

Leuluai Right Foot

At the members open room I managed to get a look inside what the trainers call the "War room". It is off the gym and they use it for video reviews of the games, also has a bank of computers the players have to use to review their own games and the upcoming opposition. was quite impressed but maybe what they meant by "war room" was that's were they play world of Warcraft.

Hadyn

Hadyn

Agree totally about him..total wanker who managed to get the biggest contract of his career and then promptly tried to get himself suspended as much as possible by resorting to foot-tripping anybody who ran past.Very obvious to any Warrior fan at the time.... a "take the money and run man" ...bastard!!!!

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Agree totally about him..total wanker who managed to get the biggest contract of his career and then promptly tried to get himself suspended as much as possible by resorting to foot-tripping anybody who ran past.Very obvious to any Warrior fan at the time.... a "take the money and run man" ...bastard!!!!
Then Eric Watson hires him to get the players to re-sign to reduced contracts. This is how we lost Joe Vagana and ,arguably the best Warriors signing ever, Robbie Mears. Kind of ironic really.

The move would come back to bite Watson in the ass after Ridge ran off with his wife...

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Hope so bro , the dogs were trumpeting themselves as the first to import it.....Maybe Shaun Johnson and Konrad were playing Minecaraft ?

The only way in which an ipad will help Hurrell train is if you keep throwing it at him and he has to catch it.

Reactions: 6 users