General Pick Your Team To Play The Knights

Hitman82

Hitman82

Hi Guys. Cool game against the Panthers. Who would you like to send out as sacrificial meat to the slaughter next week?

1 Locke / the Vulcans fullback / Under 20s fullback / Godinet / Fish
2 Tupou
3 Hurrell
4 Nielsen / Laumape
5 Vatuvei / Laumape / Fish
6 Siejka (fuck it, why not?)
7 Leuluai (c)
8 Matulino
9 Friend
10 Package
11 Lillyman
12 Ikahihifo
13 Mannering

14 Mateo
15 Matagi
16 Rapira / Gubb
17 Henry

Out: Fish (from fullback), Tuimavavae (sorry Laurie), Lowrie (simply sick of his costly penalties and not enough impact - would prefer an extra prop tbh), Taylor (too marquee for us), Johnson (needs a reality check), Godinet (pointless in the current team).

Reactions: 4 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
As with last week I can't be bothered naming a team. Actually, I meant I can't be fucked! Even more so then last week.

What I will say is I want sacrificial lambs. I want to see blood... :mad:

Reactions: 1 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

I posted this team last night while angry and tired.

I'll make a few changes/additions if they are justified.

1 Locke (I really think he has become the most important player in the squad. His direction in defence is critical)
2 Tupou (only gets a reprieve because of his big run) Still don't like the guy, but at least he gives us everything he has every game
3 Hurrel (His defensive game worries me though)
4 Laumape (holidays over bro, get your arse back to where you belong)
5 Manu (only cos he scored) There is no point turning up without him. At least he plays with passion. His hands and defence are bad, but get him the ball and we have a chance
6 Seijka (To show these guys ME is serious, and he can't be anywhere as bad as our current limp halves
7 Godinet (you have 80 minutes to show us what we need, or to try to keep a first grade jersey) He wasn't great but I don't want to see Johnson back until the arrogant little shit can bow his head in shame and not do his typical goofy grin while looking to see how many people are watching his greatness. This guy is incapable of believing he isn't the second coming
8 Packer (only one with any venom lately, but only just scrapes in) He looks pretty good compared to the rest of our "prop rotation" but would probably be demoted from every other team in the comp
9 Leuluai only because Friend deserves to be dumped and we don't really have any other options
10 Matagi Did fine in his last run
11 Mateo (would like to replace him, but ran out of players) Without him there would be no threat at all
12 Benry (C) May have looked silly in this game, but he has more heart than the rest of the club combined, and deserves another chance (in his natural position) Mannering has to lose the big C, and I think it is clear he will take it eventually, so we have nothing to lose
13 Mannering (this is the last stop before reserve grade) If he was a real man, he would insist that he be dropped and start again from the Vulcans

14 Carlos (only cos I can't come up with enough players) I am totally opposed to a 4 forward bench so we need a back utility, and he is our only option - no way is Ropo coming back into my team
15 Gubb Time to take the plunge
16 Ikahihifo Will play prop but can switch to second row if we need to
17 Sam Lousi (I don't care if he only has one leg, he can't do any worse than these wankers) I can't see how a guy with this much mass could be dominated as badly as our other forwards. Locke to hang off him constantly. If we can't defend at least having support near this guy we should be able to get a bit of 2nd phase.

I may also consider keeping Konrad out for a bit longer if Neilson is fit. We need to sure up our centres in defence, and I don't think Konrad can do that.

Fish has done his dash at FB. His defence is spineless, and he doesn't even look threatening on kick returns anymore (Must be a warriors thing as have thought Locke has lost his threatening returns as well).
Lowrie has not even looked like becoming our next Michael Luck. He is a f@#%ing joke. He can't control that Storm filth that is in his nature, even though it will never work in a Warriors team.
Matulino has become so over-rated, its not funny. The guy should be sitting in a field of flowers. He has no venom and no heart at all. His hit ups are weak, he runs like he is in slow-mo and without the shoulder-charge he has become nothing.
Rapira has bothered me for a long time. His rep has far exceeded his ability. He is even more glass than his brother in my opinon. If he can't play without hurting his wrist or thumb, it is time to release him.
Lillyman has just become ineffective. He used to be quite a strong leader, but has now become a part of the least valuable pack this game has ever seen.

Overall, the entire team has become an over-rated myth. The commentators still talk about how dangerous we can be. I call bullshit on that. We never look threatening. We have no attack and our defence implodes if it has to do any work at all. I actually hope we take the spoon because if we have a good run, we might start buying their bullshit again and think we have a group of "players" capable of achieving something of note, which we don't.

Reactions: 1 user

Danpatmac

I feel we have dug ourselves a hole with our loyalty to underperforming players.
We were battered into believing that some of these kids just needed experience and they would reach potential, rather than just becoming older versions of the same dumb, poorly coached players they are now.
Other clubs seem to have young players get better with experience... ours stay the same crap level and just get a bit older.

not sure what else we can do

1. Fisiiahi
2. Laumape
3. Neilson
4. Hurrell
5. Tupou
6. Godinet
7. Seijka
8. Matagi
9. Friend
10. Packer
11. Mannering
12. Lillyman
13. Henry

14. Leuluai
15. Vatuvei
16. Lowrie
17. Matulino

Magic Stick

Magic Stick

flip the script Elliott

1 Hukatai
2 Fish
3 Hurrell
4 Neilson
5 Laumape
6 Mateo
7 Seijka
8 Matangi
9 Friend
10 Packer
11 Matulino
12 Palavi
13 Henry

14 Mara
15 Gubb
16 Lillyman
17 Vatuvei

Reactions: 2 users
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Name the same team that served up that abomination last night, with the instructions to act like NRL players.

I'd like to see Mannering resign as captain, not because there's anyone even remotely more capable of leading this bunch of oxygen thieves, but simply from the 'Fuck you dicks, I've had a gutsful of trying to lead you.' approach. 40 tackles, one miss, and barely any backup from any other senior player. He won't, of course, because he's not as much of an arsehole as I am.

Reactions: 5 users
InsideBall

InsideBall

One of the problems, as far as I can see it, is that other teams have absolutely no fear of us.

Let's be honest, this season is completely gone. So, the rest of the year needs to be focused on laying the platform for next season. With that in mind, I'd like for our boys to start putting the fear into other sides. Every game they play from now, I want them to go out there to hurt the opposition. Don't even worry about winning games. Just go out there to hurt them. You do that to enough teams, by the team next season rolls around, there is going to be a great deal more of fear of this side.

On that note:

1. Locke
2. Tupou
3. Nielson
4. Hurrell
5. Vatuvei
6. Godinet
7. Siejka
8. Packer
9. Leuluai
10. Matagi
11. Mateo
12. Ikahihifo
13. Mannering

14. Matulino
15. Gubb
16. Rapira
17. Lillyman

Just go out there and hurt them.

Reactions: 3 users
Magic Stick

Magic Stick

One of the problems, as far as I can see it, is that other teams have absolutely no fear of us.

Let's be honest, this season is completely gone. So, the rest of the year needs to be focused on laying the platform for next season. With that in mind, I'd like for our boys to start putting the fear into other sides. Every game they play from now, I want them to go out there to hurt the opposition. Don't even worry about winning games. Just go out there to hurt them. You do that to enough teams, by the team next season rolls around, there is going to be a great deal more of fear of this side.

Just go out there and hurt them.

I agree this team needs more mongrel etc...but the only thing this current Warriors team is gona be hurting is the fans

Xt1ncT

Xt1ncT

I posted this team last night while angry and tired.

I'll make a few changes/additions if they are justified.

1 Locke [(I really think he has become the most important player in the squad. His direction in defence is critical)

Fish has done his dash at FB.
do you read what you write?
You've got such a hard on for Locke and hatred for Fish it's getting boring.

Locke has been poor for a year now - I can't remember the last game he made any impact in at all. We have no strike power from him, he doesn't return kicks well, he doesn't support the forwards so all in all he's a hugely tale Ted player that's lost it. Probably due to injuries but still he's not been the same player for a long time.

As for Fish - he got players player last week so must be doing some thing right. You just don't like him on a personal level and can't get past that.

He was not the reason we lost last night.

We lost because our squad is poor. Our forwards make no impact other than the first 5 minutes - it's been this way since the GF in 2011.

Moving forward is going to be tough. It's going to get worse before it gets better - to start with don't resign a lot of the off contract guys. Doing so rewards mediocrity. Start a real recruitment drive in Oz and England for Burgess-sequel type forwards who don't take steps backwards when the shit hits the fan.

Screw skills I just want big props who hit hard and make metres. If they come with skills great, if not as long as they can so the hard graft I'll be happy.

This lot seem far too happy when they get royally rogered and its well past time ME put a stop to that sort of crap.

Reactions: 1 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

do you read what you write?
You've got such a hard on for Locke and hatred for Fish it's getting boring.

Locke has been poor for a year now - I can't remember the last game he made any impact in at all. We have no strike power from him, he doesn't return kicks well, he doesn't support the forwards so all in all he's a hugely tale Ted player that's lost it. Probably due to injuries but still he's not been the same player for a long time.

As for Fish - he got players player last week so must be doing some thing right. You just don't like him on a personal level and can't get past that.

He was not the reason we lost last night.

We lost because our squad is poor. Our forwards make no impact other than the first 5 minutes - it's been this way since the GF in 2011.

Moving forward is going to be tough. It's going to get worse before it gets better - to start with don't resign a lot of the off contract guys. Doing so rewards mediocrity. Start a real recruitment drive in Oz and England for Burgess-sequel type forwards who don't take steps backwards when the shit hits the fan.

Screw skills I just want big props who hit hard and make metres. If they come with skills great, if not as long as they can so the hard graft I'll be happy.

This lot seem far too happy when they get royally rogered and its well past time ME put a stop to that sort of crap.
I didn't mention Locke's attack, but with a limp team like what we have, we need every advantage in defence. Fish has no defensive mentality. He is concerned with scoring points, not stopping them (not a problem with the right team around you). I agree that Locke has played poorly for quite a while, but he has stepped up to add a bit of guts to our halves (clearly, as instructed by the coach), and directs our defence far better than fish ever could (Fish admitted himself he has never communicated in defence until recently). I have no problem with Fish "personally" (I don't even know the guy), but I have a serious problem with his defensive work ethic in this team from fullback (one reason that concerns me about a Tomkin signing, I haven't seen any opinions on his defence). I actually think that Fish deserves a spot on the wing (probably ahead of Billy T).

I never said he was the reason we lost. The reason we lost was wearing a jersey with a number from 1 - 17 on the back of it. We lost because our squad is mentally deficient, not poor. There is ability in every one of them, but they appear afraid of success.

My hatred has fast become directed at our "attacking weapon" with the 7 on his back. He is so over-rated. He has an incredible ability to create magic, but no drive to do it regularly. His self opinion is clearly through the roof (Locke also has a big ego, but at least he had to work hard to get where he is, so it has been dented slightly), and he is incapable of thinking any less of himself than that he is perfection. We were promised a team that would score at will when he arrived, yet we struggle to score points and we capitulate because of it. Johnson has been handed the script for how to become a genuine quality NRL half by Benji's career (granted, his current form is not a good representation of a quality half but there a much bigger problems going on over there). Benji has always been an "in and out" player. 70 minutes of smelling flowers and kicking stones, and 10 minutes of incredible brilliance. Johnson is mimicking this. But Benji learned over time that his team was better when he got involved THROUGHOUT the game. Johnson seems to have missed this part of Benji's career, and is happy to replicate the "flighty" Benji. I would prefer a less talented but harder working halfback. I can't see us ever making the top of the heap under an unfocused "leader" like Shaun Johnson.

Recruitment is not going to help us. We can't get anyone now, so how will we ever be able to sell a club that is starting with a zero roster and trying to rebuild. The biggest problem with rebuilding through a player overhaul is we will be at the cap in no time. We have to pay "overs" for everyone as it is, so how could we possibly build a competitive squad with, in effect, a reduced salary cap (due to the increased price every player will demand). We will end up with a squad of10 or 15 overpaid players and another 15 reserve grade plodders.

Haydos

1. Fish (locke if back)
2. Tupou (Laumape)
3.Laumape (Neilson)
4.Hurrell
5. Vatuvei
6. Johnson
7. Seijka
8. Matagi
9. Leuluai
10. Matulino
11. Henry
12. Ikahihifo
13. Mannering

14. Gubb
15. Packer
16. Mateo
17. Godinet

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Name the same team that served up that abomination last night, with the instructions to act like NRL players.

I'd like to see Mannering resign as captain, not because there's anyone even remotely more capable of leading this bunch of oxygen thieves, but simply from the 'Fuck you dicks, I've had a gutsful of trying to lead you.' approach. 40 tackles, one miss, and barely any backup from any other senior player. He won't, of course, because he's not as much of an arsehole as I am.
and people on here want him to step down or worse play Vulcans! The poor bastard is on a hiding to nothing. People complain that he has a stupid look on his face or not angry enough at press conferences etc. I've seen the same look before in different games and in different captains. It's the look of I'm unfortunately the best we have and the team I have got unfortunately is not up to it and there really is no one else. Yelling and ranting ain't going to make these guys play better because they cant. So, I'll go out and work my ass off again next week because I'm the only professional guy in the team, make my 40 tackles, cover up our defensive frailties as best I can and try and convince myself not to pull the trigger sitting in my arm chair at home again this week.

Reactions: 6 users
ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

How long are Locke and Nielsen out for? Anyways.....assuming they are out....

1. Fish
3. Hurrell
4. Laumape
5. Manu
6. Siejka
7. Godinet (give him a run in his natural position)
8. Mutts
9. Friend
10. Packer
11. Mateo
12. Henry
13. Mannering
14. TL
15. Matagi
16. Gubb
17. Ikahififo

Lillyman, Lowrie, Shaun Johnson, Taylor, Tupou, Carlos etc down to the Vulcans with the majority of them not to come back. We have given Shaun Johnson and TL enough time in the halves now - its time to give Siejka especially a chance and Godinet a shot in his natural position.

It pains me to move both Lillyman and Shaun Johnson down as they are two of my favourites but they both need to be given the message. It's time to give some of the other guys opportunities, guys who may actually be hungry to perform.

I've left a wing spot open but I'm too disgusted to name Tupou there after seeing his massive grin at fulltime, that really fucked me off. People are talking about his run, I say this......he has been given over 3 seasons now as our starting winger and that's the first time we have seen anything like that from him, it was a fluke. It worries me now because he is getting praise on this forum and its as if we are starting to accept mediocrity.

I thought Lowrie was going to be a good buy, he is a dud. Just another undersized, tacklebot 2nd rower. The last thing we needed.

I had been a Mannering critic earlier in the season, but at least he has worked hard to turn his form around in recent weeks. He has been much better and lasts night interview you could see he has hurting unlike most of the other clowns out there. Dropping him as captain mid season is actually the last thing we need right now, I still don't think he should be our long term captain but those saying he should be playing Vulcans need their heads read after his recent play.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

and people on here want him to step down or worse play Vulcans! The poor bastard is on a hiding to nothing. People complain that he has a stupid look on his face or not angry enough at press conferences etc. I've seen the same look before in different games and in different captains. It's the look of I'm unfortunately the best we have and the team I have got unfortunately is not up to it and there really is no one else. Yelling and ranting ain't going to make these guys play better because they cant. So, I'll go out and work my ass off again next week because I'm the only professional guy in the team, make my 40 tackles, cover up our defensive frailties as best I can and try and convince myself not to pull the trigger sitting in my arm chair at home again this week.
But that theory is totally unproven. People have said since the start of his captaincy that the Warriors don't need a captain who will hand them their balls on a plate, but we have got pregressively worse under this misconception. We need a David Kidwell-type player in the squad. A guy who will call you a fucking dickhead when you fuck up, not one who will gently pat you on the buttocks and reassure you.

Maybe its also time to ditch the "bro" hand-shake and man-hug in the sheds before hand and start a chest pounding chant before we take the field.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor

1. Fish
3. Hurrell
4. Laumape
5. Manu
6. Siejka
8. Mutts
9. Friend
10. Packer
11. Mateo
12. Henry
13. Mannering
14. TL
15. Matagi
16. Gubb
17. Ikahififo

Lillyman, Lowrie, Shaun Johnson, Taylor, Tupou, Carlos etc down to the Vulcans with the majority of them not to come back. We have given Shaun Johnson and TL enough time in the halves now - its time to give Siejka especially a chance and Godinet a shot in his natural position.

It pains me to move both Lillyman and Shaun Johnson down as they are two of my favourites but they both need to be given the message. It's time to give some of the other guys opportunities, guys who may actually be hungry to perform.

I've left a wing spot open but I'm too disgusted to name Tupou there after seeing his massive grin at fulltime, that really fucked me off. People are talking about his run, I say this......he has been given over 3 seasons now as our starting winger and that's the first time we have seen anything like that from him, it was a fluke. It worries me now because he is getting praise on this forum and its as if we are starting to accept mediocrity.

I thought Lowrie was going to be a good buy, he is a dud. Just another undersized, tacklebot 2nd rower. The last thing we needed.
I,ve been trying to name my team after sleeping on it, and I agree with you regarding your team, but I have 2 wing spots open. You cant drop Tupou and not Manu. He was shit last night.

Reactions: 1 user
ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

I,ve been trying to name my team after sleeping on it, and I agree with you regarding your team, but I have 2 wing spots open. You cant drop Tupou and not Manu. He was shit last night.

Manu has actually looked the threatening the last two weeks with ball in space. I'm sorry but he is much better than Tupou.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
But that theory is totally unproven. People have said since the start of his captaincy that the Warriors don't need a captain who will hand them their balls on a plate, but we have got pregressively worse under this misconception. We need a David Kidwell-type player in the squad. A guy who will call you a fucking dickhead when you fuck up, not one who will gently pat you on the buttocks and reassure you.

Maybe its also time to ditch the "bro" hand-shake and man-hug in the sheds before hand and start a chest pounding chant before we take the field.
and I dont see Simon doing thta either. I think you nad others miss the point. We dont have anyone else. We dont have a david Kidwell type player.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

1. Fish
3. Hurrell
4. Laumape
5. Manu
6. Siejka
8. Mutts
9. Friend
10. Packer
11. Mateo
12. Henry
13. Mannering
14. TL
15. Matagi
16. Gubb
17. Ikahififo

I had been a Mannering critic earlier in the season, but at least he has worked hard to turn his form around in recent weeks. He has been much better and lasts night interview you could see he has hurting unlike most of the other clowns out there. Dropping him as captain mid season is actually the last thing we need right now, I still don't think he should be our long term captain but those saying he should be playing Vulcans need their heads read after his recent play.
Isn't it funny, under Ivan we had Shaun Johnson stuck behind an under-performing Brett Seymour for the first half of the season, with promises of combos developing to lead the team, but now Johnson is part of the "combo"standing in the of other guys. We all assumed that when Johnson got his break, he would just keep building into the best player this planet has ever seen, but alas, we were a bunch of gullible fucktards.

SJ7 said "It worries me now because he is getting praise on this forum and its as if we are starting to accept mediocrity." I think mediocrity is a massive step up from what we are accepting now.