Pick Your Team Pick Your Team Round 4 2020 Warriors vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see JWH high tackle? I was wondering why he got a fine and Paasi got 1 week.
Completely different, as much as I enjoy watching Paasi play, that was just dumb. He was at least a second or two late and could have seriously hurt the Dragon. Wasn't necessary. Not that JWH's wasn't but a head high hit is worth less points at the judiciary than a dangerous contact.

Reactions: 2 users

wrighty

I thought Egan was great, especially his distribution from hooker, would probably be the best we have in the club in the moment.

His running and kicking game will develop as well, I like him.
Huzzahh. Ryno has corroborated what I saw.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I dont like Fusitua as a centre, so I would put Chanel Harris-Tavita out there to get him game time, (as there is no b league atm) Also he adds a bomb kicker and a fast runner distributer to that side.
I guess if king is out then the rookie from the roosters goes in, but id rather keep everyone else in the team, they earned their spots over the weekend.

• Haha
Paasi definitely out so perhaps burr comes onto the bench. Value in he can over more forward positions but if they are wanting a role more like Paasi's perhaps the roosters forward.
Hiku likely out, would think Fusitua comes in. I got it well wrong with Beale and he deserves his spot, whoever takes that other centre spot needs to be solid on defence. Wouldn't blame them to try blood a young player there though with the hunger the young guys are showing, like Fusitua if he's available though for a high kick target for us.
I take heart that the panthers only just got over the dragons before lockdown and the panthers really should have put the Knights away in the weekend with the injuries they had in the game.

Reactions: 1 users
The Passi suspension is bullshit.
A Broncos player did exactly the same thing on Thursday and didnt even get penalised, even the commentators were surprised he got away with it

Reactions: 1 user
I dont like Fusitua as a centre, so I would put Chanel Harris-Tavita out there to get him game time, (as there is no b league atm) Also he adds a bomb kicker and a fast runner distributer to that side.
I guess if king is out then the rookie from the roosters goes in, but id rather keep everyone else in the team, they earned their spots over the weekend.

You want to play our halfback out of position at centre so he gets game time?

Surely you are joking

Reactions: 3 users
Watching the Panthers game yesterday, their only plan was carry it for 5 and kick to the corners, actually boring as BS after a while. (What a surprise that is with Ivan in charge) For that reason alone we'd be better off with Fusitua if he's fit n ready to play.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah Panthers were pretty shit yesterday. They have a really solid forward pack with Koro at hooker, and Crichton has heaps of spark. But other than that, were average as. Cleary out will help us, if we can build on last weeks performance (particularly on attack) we should be confident.

Paasi's suspension seems very soft.. I would expect the Roosters prop to come onto the bench, and Burr to replace Murchie. I don't really rate Burr, just doesn't offer enough with ball in hand. Would prefer Curran. Fusitua in for Hiku.

wrighty

That's an interesting suggestion of Chanel Harris-Tavita for centre. It might suit him more than the halves at this stage of his development. IE he likes to hold the ball in hand longer than a half should.

Yeah Panthers were pretty shit yesterday. They have a really solid forward pack with Koro at hooker, and Crichton has heaps of spark. But other than that, were average as. Cleary out will help us, if we can build on last weeks performance (particularly on attack) we should be confident.

Paasi's suspension seems very soft.. I would expect the Roosters prop to come onto the bench, and Burr to replace Murchie. I don't really rate Burr, just doesn't offer enough with ball in hand. Would prefer Curran. Fusitua in for Hiku.

Why Burr for Murchie? Is he injured? Hayze for hiku, Fusitua for beale

I hope we play Murchie an King V they are our future
Same with Kayla ,J ,B if these to keep going we are back
I was happy to see a big warriors forward pack an JB led the charge
As far as I saw .

gREVUS

Contributor
You want to play our halfback out of position at centre so he gets game time?

Surely you are joking
would you rather he doesnt play at all? the kid is half baked. Hes not the warriors halfback, he has a possible future in the team. Until then game time is really important because otherwise when they need him hes going to have nothing but opposed training runs. I think that its not that hard for a player with his skills to move to centre for a game or two.

gREVUS

Contributor

I actually thought that the Panthers fitness was pretty suspect and the fact that they went on to lose with such a massive lead shows heaps of potential for the warriors to get a big score on them.

would you rather he doesnt play at all? the kid is half baked. Hes not the warriors halfback, he has a possible future in the team. Until then game time is really important because otherwise when they need him hes going to have nothing but opposed training runs. I think that its not that hard for a player with his skills to move to centre for a game or two.
Unopposed training has been shown to do wonders judging by the last 9 weeks.

I actually thought that the Panthers fitness was pretty suspect and the fact that they went on to lose with such a massive lead shows heaps of potential for the warriors to get a big score on them.
And I never thought I would see that as a warriors fan.

Waiting for the other team to fade and finishing over the top of them 😆

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.