General Pick Your Team Rnd 7 - Cowboys vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Pick Your Team Rnd 7 - Cowboys vs Warriors
1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville

196348-cowboys-v-warriors.jpg

Potential Round 7 vs Cowboys team list discussion.

After the Tigers game do you want to see the same team? Promotions? Demotions?

Discuss...

I'm thinking havili deserves a shot after a good performance in reserves.

I'd bring him and Raps up onto the bench and let Crazy Eye have a week off to think about his future after Tomkins goes home to Wigan...

Other than that, unless Tomkins is back I'd stay the same...

And there's no way in hell I'd put Fusitua next to Hurrel. Thurston will carve that edge up like a Christmas ham with those two muppets alone on that edge together... But we would score one nice try for the highlights reel on the way to a humiliating defeat.....

Jono Wright was alright on the night so he's got to keep his spot.

Maybe if Tomkins is back put Lolohea into center next to Manu...

Inruin

Contributor
Cappy will have some selection dilemmas when Tomkins is back. ST, Lolohea, Hurrell, Manu, Kata, Wright, Fusitua etc.

Who to leave out.... will he find a place for Lolohea?

Still better to be worrying who to leave out than who to put in like we have for the first few rounds

Reactions: Sup42
Lolohea
Wright
Hurrell
Peyroux ( katas too green- needs to spend some time in reserves refining his game and peyroux is the best defensive center we have- used to baby sit prince at the Titans which is no mean feat)
Manu
Chad
Shaun Johnson

Mutts
TL
Lillyman
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Friend
Lisone
Rapira
Ikahihifo ( more versatile than vete- covers the front and backrow )

This side looks a bit more experienced and solid defensively.
Seb, Sammy and dom all bring good line speed too which is an area they could improve in- ESP when we have teams coming off their own line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inruin and JT1971
Wright survives my selection axe after a pretty good game last night. Fusitu'a should have one more week in NSWCup. Rapira forces his way in, Matagi is getting closer but Lisone and Vete lifted and responded to the challenge so they keep their spots. Considered: Havili, Rapira, Matagi, Faitala-Mariner, Gubb, Pewhairangi, Fusitu'a, Maumalo, Kaveinga
Assuming Tomkins is out with injury:
1. Lolohea
2. Wright
3. Hurrell
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. Leuluai
10. Matulino
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering (c)

14. Friend (but Havili's time is soon, just not in humid Townsville)
15. Rapira
16. Lisone
17. Vete

18. Peyroux

My only change to the team, unless Ngani is back, would be Seb for Peyroux. If we aren't going to use Dom properly, or for any length of time, we should be using someone who can fill in at prop.

Reactions: Harlz
TL needs to be playing left right out after his performance last night...

His lazy run back to the line opened us up for the Tigers first try, and his step over the player play the ball while doing a head stand gave the tigers field position for their second... We need better from our senior players.

I'd like to see how he goes with the oranges... Maybe that's the best position for him...

Havili to come in fresh and hungry... and Friend to get some more minutes

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
LoLo
Fusitua
Hurrell
Kata
King 200
Le Chad
Johnson
Lillyman
Mutts
Bo Tho
The Hoff
Manners

Havilli
Lisone
Vete
Rapira

Fusitua for Wright, Havilli for Friend and Rapira for Peyroux, it's time. Could go either way on Friend for Havilli given its a trip to Brownsville.

1. Lolohea (no other option but he is getting more comfortable at the back)
2. Fusitua (Wright still sucks, one solid game in what 3 or 4 outings does not change this fact, no interest in a safe winger with zero speed/ attacking skill)
3. Hurrell (getting better, the fitter he gets the more effective he will be defensively)
4. DP (Kata is way too green, needs time at centre in the NSWarriors)
5. Manu (needs to fix his error rate ASAP)
6. Chad (love the way he is proving the doubters wrong, playing awesome)
7. Shaun Johnson (improved again last night, however his defense seems to have dropped off?)
8. Lillyman (back to his best imo)
9. TL (50 mins max, 25 mins each half)
10. Mutts (better than ever imo)
11. Bodene (still not a big fan)
12. Hoff (definitely a fan)
13. Mannering (best defensive player I think I have honestly seen since I started watching league)

14. Friend (at least 30 mins, playing him just 15 mins at the end is a waste)
16. Lisone
17. Vete
18. Rapira

Only change I can see being made is Rapira in for Peyroux....unless Peyroux is needed as cover for Koni (knee was iced and limping* badly during the team song)

* may be reading too much into the limping

Only change I can see being made is Rapira in for Peyroux....unless Peyroux is needed as cover for Koni (knee was iced and limping* badly during the team song)

* may be reading too much into the limping
Nah bro unfortunately you might be spot on there. He was limping badly on the field after the game during the formalities.

Lolohea
Wright
Hurrell
Peyroux ( katas too green- needs to spend some time in reserves refining his game and peyroux is the best defensive center we have- used to baby sit prince at the Titans which is no mean feat)
Manu
Chad
Shaun Johnson

Mutts
TL
Lillyman
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Friend
Lisone
Rapira
Ikahihifo ( more versatile than vete- covers the front and backrow )

This side looks a bit more experienced and solid defensively.
Seb, Sammy and dom all bring good line speed too which is an area they could improve in- ESP when we have teams coming off their own line.
Agree with all except Seb. Needs to work on taking that silly spin move he does out of his runs. Wright surprised me how good he was under the high ball and started running the ball back with a little more purpose. Don't agree with fish or Fusitua coming straight back in without earning there spots

What happened to Seb? Anyone know?

1. Tuimoala Lolohea
2. Jonathan Wright / David Fusitua
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Dominique Peyroux
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Chad Townsend
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Thomas Leulaui
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Siliva Havili
15. Sebastine Ikahihifo
16. Sam Lisone
17. Sam Rapira

My only change to the team, unless Ngani is back, would be Seb for Peyroux. If we aren't going to use Dom properly, or for any length of time, we should be using someone who can fill in at prop.
I prefer Dom on the bench as he can cover in the backs as well as the forwards plus it's nice to see mannering come off for a breather and not get forced into the centres when ever we have an injury in our backline

Reactions: Jah

ToiletDuck

Administrator
A backline of Lolohea, Manu, Kata, Hurrell, Fusitua scares the shit out of me heading to Townsville.

I don't want Wright in the team as much as the next guy, but the potential nightmare of a Fusitua return to first grade after a lengthy lay-off, in Townsville, outside Konrad Hurrell...well I'd think there'd be 20 points for the Cowboys down that side.

Agree with all except Seb. Needs to work on taking that silly spin move he does out of his runs.

The hit and spin can be very effective and he's got a pretty good one- does over use it tho.
He can also skip outside his man and create an extra number- opened a couple of teams up last year doing that.
I'd like to see him hit it back in behind the ruck a bit more tho coz he's got good leg speed- just needs to work on his timing a bit to effectively run that line- Sammy raps would be the best man to spend some time with there.

Status
Not open for further replies.