General Pick Your Team Rnd 20 vs Manly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well our right side attack is awesome, with Shaun Johnson, Bukuya/Henry, Hurrell and Fusitua... our left side attack has been struggling of late - but imagine the Chad, Hoffman, Matai, Manu... that's two gun edges right there... Chad doesn't even need to do anything special... just give it to Hoffman hitting a hole, out the back to Tomkins, or straight to Matai and let him make the decisions...

Add that to the likes of Matulino and Ikahihifo in the middle of the park, and suddenly you have a side that is a legitimate threat all over the field.

So yeah - I think we would have kill it too.

I like, but have been of the opinion for a very long time that Mutts best position is on the fringe and he could possibly be rated the best in the position given enough time there, his offload is wasted in the front row as early offloads kill our structure and his hard shoulders will strike fear into fringes..
IMO you have to weigh up great Prop v devastating 2nd rower..

Team has just been named:

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 SAM TOMKINS

2 NGANI LAUMAPE

3 KONRAD HURRELL

4 DANE NIELSEN

5 MANU VATUVEI

6 CHAD TOWNSEND

7 SHAUN JOHNSON

8 JACOB LILLYMAN

9 NATHAN FRIEND

10 SUAIA MATAGI

11 BEN HENRY

12 SIMON MANNERING (c)

13 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO

Interchange:

14 FELETI MATEO

15 BEN MATULINO

16 JAYSON BUKUYA

17 THOMAS LEULUAI

20 SAM RAPIRA

Do NOT like Fusitua being dropped and Neilsen staying in the side. Seems like a bit of a knee jerk reaction to Fusitua's only poor performance (at least that I can remember).

Reactions: OMG
Team has just been named:

Do NOT like Fusitua being dropped and Neilsen staying in the side. Seems like a bit of a knee jerk reaction to Fusitua's only poor performance (at least that I can remember).

I reckon he is carrying an injury, but I endorse anyone being dropped for a poor performance, if it's good enough for our Kon it's good enough David..

Reactions: Swanley
I like, but have been of the opinion for a very long time that Mutts best position is on the fringe and he could possibly be rated the best in the position given enough time there, his offload is wasted in the front row as early offloads kill our structure and his hard shoulders will strike fear into fringes..
IMO you have to weigh up great Prop v devastating 2nd rower..

Yeah I totally agree he is the best second row option we have (bar none). The problem is: Hoffman, Henry, Bukuya, Mannering, Ikahihifo are all demanding inclusion in the side as well. and what do we do with the likes of Mateo as well...

Mutts is our best prop, and given we're a bit light on propping stocks at the moment, I'd pick him at prop and let the above five sort out the back row. don't get me wrong, Mutts could be the best back rower in the comp - but we're not short on back row options... just because we play him at prop doesn't mean we can't run him on the edge on attack though...

Personally, I think we should give Manu the offseason to bulk up, let him put on 5-10 kgs, and let him be the fearsome big bopper off the bench that we need... But I can't see McFadden doing that.

Reactions: jonno and OMG
Interesting, wonder who gets dropped if Rapira is fit?

I think the break will be good for Fusitua, freshen up and then he can come back into the first grade team full of beans.

I am happy with that team. I forgot about Mateo in my selection earlier in the thread but would have selected him.

Interesting to see Slam Rapira named on the extended bench. Does that mean he is fit? If so why is he not selected? If he is swapped in as a Cappy cunning trick, who drops out?

Status
Not open for further replies.