General Pick Your Team Rnd 15 - Titans vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the bottom line is that the Warriors don't have a defensively safe fullback. The one who has had stellar moments on D is Fisiahi, and guess what, he is injured.

I think he's unavailable for selection because he is still lying on a Roosters player late in the tackle count.

Haha yeah I don't think he got the memo there- still playing by last years interpretations.
Just on that tho- of coarse there is a time and a place but sometimes I think we should be giving away more penalties- u can tell when we're on the ropes and the other sides about to score so fuck it- hold them down to kill off that attacking raid, cop the penalty, have a breather, reset the line and go again.
Take a leaf out of the roosters book.

I've heard that Gubb isn't available for selection this weekend - his one 8m run took too much out of him and he'll need a couple of weeks to recover ;)

Wright got dropped to the bench this week he can get dropped to nsw cup, Tomkins probably out Lolo to fullback. If Friend needs a friend on the bench for breathers then do it and three props - and I don't even know who we are playing next week but it doesn't need to get much more complicated than that.

Tomkins
Maumalo
Konnie
Kata
Manu
Townsend
Johnson
Vete
Friend (play full 80)
Matulino
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Lillyman (to sub Vete)
Rapira
Seb
Gubb

Tui needs a break, he's struggling big time.
Lisone looks injured.
Friend can play 80.

Need a 4 forward bench. Gubb will always tackle his hardest to give Hoffman a 15 minute spell after origin.
Seb played probably his best ever game last week so retains his spot. Increased minutes and carries served him well.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I've heard that Gubb isn't available for selection this weekend - his one 8m run took too much out of him and he'll need a couple of weeks to recover ;)
Harsh. Charlie Gubb only played in the 17 minutes in the 2nd half when we had 44% possession and had 12 completed sets vs the Roosters 19. He would have been on for some 6 sets and most were done by our back edge bringing the ball back from our goal line. He did his job...

Inruin

Contributor
Harsh. Charlie Gubb only played in the 17 minutes in the 2nd half when we had 44% possession and had 12 completed sets vs the Roosters 19. He would have been on for some 6 sets and most were done by our back edge bringing the ball back from our goal line. He did his job...
don't you dare try and bring perspective on to this forum

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington

I don't think we have seen what Gubb can do because he was only on for 17 minutes. He came on in the second half when the roosters had more ball, so he had to defend. 18 tackles for 17 minutes is a pretty good effort. Just saying, can't make a fair assessment on him after one 17 minute stint...

Reactions: tajhay

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Honestly dont care whos in the team as long as we win, with the injuries we have its pretty much a patch up job anyways sadly

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
LoLo (Tomkins hiding)
Maumalo
Hurricane
Fusitua (see below for Kata)
Vatuvei
Api (I love the Footy head and effort)
Johnson
Lilly
Friend
Mutts
BoTo (glad the rest of you lot finally get it)
Hoffy
Manners

Kata (yep still see world class hooker)
Vete
Raps
Iki (Lisone injured otherwise him to 16 and Iki out)

That team wins by 20.

LoLo (Tomkins hiding)
Maumalo
Hurricane
Fusitua (see below for Kata)
Vatuvei
Api (I love the Footy head and effort)
Johnson
Lilly
Friend
Mutts
BoTo (glad the rest of you lot finally get it)
Hoffy
Manners

Kata (yep still see world class hooker)
Vete
Raps
Iki (Lisone injured otherwise him to 16 and Iki out)

That team wins by 20.
Kata is 3rd on the NRL tryscoring list and 5th in linebreaks in his rookie season. If he keeps this rate up he will be our best tryscoring centre ever. I think he deserves to retain his spot.

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Ken Maumalo
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Chad Townsend
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Nathan Friend
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Tuimoala Lolohea
15. Sebastine Ikahihifo
16. Albert Vete
17. Sam Rapira

Provided everyone is fit, and this team runs out, this team is more than good enough to beat the Titans.

Reactions: glory_hog
Haha yeah I don't think he got the memo there- still playing by last years interpretations.
Just on that tho- of coarse there is a time and a place but sometimes I think we should be giving away more penalties- u can tell when we're on the ropes and the other sides about to score so fuck it- hold them down to kill off that attacking raid, cop the penalty, have a breather, reset the line and go again.
Take a leaf out of the roosters book.
Under-rated tactic I agree, not late in the tackle count mid field though. People always give teams big wraps for defending their line, but I always found it the easiest place to defend. 1) You have to be fully committed to getting off your line and making the tackle or you leak a try, so its not an option to sit on your heals; and 2) You don't have to retreat 10m after a tackle so can't really get caught out by quick plays of the ball.

ToiletDuck

Administrator

Yeah. Can only work with the time and possession he was given. And the use of the interchange fucked any chance of that.

As for the side this week. Can't see much point making too many changes.

Is Tomkins actually fit? Because he didn't look it when he came back for his one game a couple of weeks back. TBH I'd prefer a 100% fit Tui over a 75% Tomkins, even with Tui's occasional error.

I'd also be lying if I didn't say I had one eye on 2016 with that sort of decision. Tui's preparation for his time in the halves will be enhanced playing at FB over centre or wing (or the bench).

Say Tomkins isn't fit...

1. Glen Fisiiahi/David Fusitua
2. Ken Maumalo
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Chad Townsend
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Nathan Friend
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Tuimoala Lolohea
15. Albert Vete
16. Sam Lisone
17. Sam Rapira

I think I'm crazy for suggesting Fish, but no matter how much I back Tui I can't help but think he seems out of place out the back. As others have mentioned, he's been forced into being the link man and he hasn't been able to master the timing. There's noway I see Cappy choosing Fish, but watching his brief Cameo in the NSW Cup a few weeks back, he was chiming in nicely out the back. If Cappy wants to run the Tomkins out the back play without Tomkins, I believe Fish is the best player to emulate it.

But, because he won't go that path I've put David Fusitua as a contingency for me sounding stupid. Either way, Lolohea needs to be on the bench as a utility, with some one out the back who is in the mould of a Fullback, not a fill-in. In an ideal world, Tomkins will return for good this week and our season starts to kick on. Tbh I don't think we are gonna get squat out of Sammy for the rest of the season - his knee is obviously buggered. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Otherwise, we should be happy to have our returning Origin stays come back in pending they back up. Sam Rapira to the bench for experience and mongrel - lets just hope he still got that in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.