General Pick Your Team For Round 4 vs Broncos

Just my personal opinion of course but just like Iafetas Kickstand Wang I watch quite afew games of his including 3-4 games in Reserve Grade for the Mounties where his defence was absolutely shocking. Granted he did have a great game against the Storm last year but apart from that he was woeful.

Ask yourself this. If his defence is as good as you say then why did he get dropped from the Raiders squad when they were short on outside backs? Remember Jack Wighton, Edrick Lee and Terry Campese being out and the Raiders were looking for special dispensation to have Jordan Rapana play fullback after shifting Anthony Milford to halves?

Again, its just my opinion but Ive seen enough to tell me his defence is suspect...

Because by then I'm pretty sure he had already signed with the warriors so there would be little point in playing him when their season was already done and they could give the experience to someone who was actually going to be there the following year. But you would have seen more of him this year than me for sure, so I can understand if he really has been that bad for the nsw cup team, I just don't remember him having too many bad games last year for the raiders. But everything in the media seems to rate his defence, so it can't be that terrible.

"He impressed in the NSW Cup last year with the Raiders' feeder club Mounties and built a reputation as one of the premier defensive centres in that competition." https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league...esign-centre-matt-allwood-20140409-zqsn8.html
"Defence is his main strength" https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/10081512/Allwoods-arrival-a-danger-for-Ropati-Nielsen

Jordan G

Judging Allwood's defense on the shambles that was the Raiders defensive line last year is fraught with danger.

I'm quite meh either way on him in general, but I see him as a giant question mark more than anything else. Definitely agree with whoever said Wright to centre and Allwood to wing if we have no other options. Our defense only broke down when Wright was forced to wing because Henry to the wing would be....well....much like Henry to the centre. My point is that defensively with Wright and Lolohea we were doing OK.

Jordan G

Tough one, but I'm leaning towards no. On a pure individual basis I would say Mannering is more likely to handle it, but with all these disruptions I think the best thing we can do is try to keep as much of the team as stable as we can and work from there.

No Konnie and we're picking between Allwood/Peyroux/Henry. None of them great options, but offer the least amount of disruptions to the rest of the team.

I think we are fooked till Tomkins comes back.....as predicted by some ranters he has become the most important player at the Warriors.

Basically rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic without Tomkins (now that's said it will probably be disproved, hope so).

I would like to see the Wright at center with Allwood wing thing too ( Allwood is fast....genuinely fast....he would blow Eds internet video clock off its dials).

Funny thing is.....Hoffmans probably a better center option than Peroux and Mannering put together ( he is a beast for getting through the line at the right time and passes better than those two put together.....tackles as well as either....communicates better than both.....looks cooler too).

I'm not going to suggest they put Hoffman out there.....I really believe in McFaddens right to develop his own ideas....so I will be happy with anyone he chooses....because there is a bigger picture at play with his selections and structures ( the split halves for now and not the long term is a good example.....phasing Friend out and Tommy in...another).....some of it will fall apart but the plan / idea being tried is more important than options that seem on the surface to be obvious solutions.

• Haha
Reactions: jonno and Ref
If Konnie is out, I'd definitely be opting for Api in the centres... He debuted there for Parra didn't he? He's got a ton of skill and nous and would be a lot more of a threat on attack than Dom and less of a defensive liability than Allwood.

1. Tuimoala Lolohea
2. Jonathan Wright
3. Api Pewhairangi
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Chad Townsend
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Thomas Leuluai
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

14. Siliva Havili
15. Ben Henry / Sebastine Ikahihifo
16. Sam Lisone
17. Albert Vete

It's still funny to think so many people were saying Tomkins would be useless in the NRL, now we are panicking he's injured and rightly so.

My confidence going into this weeks game halved with the news on Tomkins. I didn't get as hard as a lot of people over Tui's week one performance at the back so I think we will struggle as long as Tomkins is out. If we can win half the games we play until his return, I see that as a bloody good result.

Not sure there is a better option than Tui until Fish gets healthy so we will have to make do.

Reactions: fizurg and Inruin
Lolohea
Allwood
Wright
Kata
Vatuvei
Townsend
Johnson
Lillyman
Leuluai
Matulino
Thompson
Hoffman
Mannering

Havili
Peyroux
Lisone
Vete

Allwood looked likely v Wentworthville, timing was a bit out a couple of times though.
He is the next best option so we have to play him.

Peyroux looked sharp too. He provides reliable centre cover as well as giving Thompson a spell.

Havili looked ready enough to replace Leuluai for 15/20 minutes. Its now or never for him.

Lolohea will have benefitted from his round 1 game at the back. I'm expecting better linking and backing up from him.

Obviously a shame with the injuries to the outside backs BUT the replacements are capable enough. There is plenty of talent there. They won't lose us the game, they only have to perform their roles to their best and what happens in front of them will create the platform to get us home.

All this talk about being fucked without Tomkins is funny considering we have the current golden boot winner... And if I remember correctly he was playing without Tomkins in all of those four nations games.

If Cappy lets Shaun Johnson do what he does best, and our edge defense holds up, we should be OK without Tomkins...

All this talk about being fucked without Tomkins is funny considering we have the current golden boot winner... And if I remember correctly he was playing A SHITLOAD BETTER without Tomkins in all of those four nations games.

If Cappy lets Shaun Johnson do what he does best, and our edge defense holds up, we should be OK without Tomkins...

Hardly think Cappy is the one getting caught with the ball on the last, not controlling the game and making silly mistakes.

Reactions: ¿N. ig-mah¿
Hardly think Cappy is the one getting caught with the ball on the last, not controlling the game and making silly mistakes.
Sorry, but haven't you learnt by now, that when it comes to the Warriors, everything is the coaches fault. Lose, coaches fault; players can't be bothered or have a bad attitude, coaches fault; we win but not all the players perform to their best, coaches fault..... And when the hot chips and hotdogs brought this weekend at MtS are cold..... Guess who will get the blame!

Just my personal opinion of course but just like Iafetas Kickstand Wang Iafetas Kickstand Wang I watch quite afew games of his including 3-4 games in Reserve Grade for the Mounties where his defence was absolutely shocking. Granted he did have a great game against the Storm last year but apart from that he was woeful.

Ask yourself this. If his defence is as good as you say then why did he get dropped from the Raiders squad when they were short on outside backs? Remember Jack Wighton, Edrick Lee and Terry Campese being out and the Raiders were looking for special dispensation to have Jordan Rapana play fullback after shifting Anthony Milford to halves?

Again, its just my opinion but Ive seen enough to tell me his defence is suspect...

Because Ricki Stuart is the coach and Ricki Stuart is the coaching equivalent to Denan Kemp. One season wonder.

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington