General Pick Your Team 2022 Rnd 2 - Titans vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cces

Cces

I won't write off Kosi too early. I'd have Pompey & Arthars both ahead of him in the Right Wing pecking order but his last NRL game on that side, vs the Bulldogs, he broke tackles, made 2 linebreaks, bagged a try (bombed another) & the team didn't concede any points due to his defense. His terrible display vs the Dragons, that remains etched in many peoples memories, was on the Left Wing.

Reactions: 3 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

I wish to make an unecessarily long and convuluted post that basically means hang in there Warriors fans. I don't know where the post belongs so it can go in this thread.

We just need to start winning for our footy IQ to go up and for us to stop making egregious brain errors on the field.
Everyone plays well at the Storm because the Storm win. And winning teaches you how to play while you don't develop or learn anything while losing.
Which is why Katoa and Chanel Harris-Tavita have not developed much in the last few years, because we have been losing.
From my cricket days I can remember seasons where I was in form and piling on the runs game after game. During those seasons I would make very advanced and clever decisions to manage my innings.
While during a poor season with the bat where I couldn't buy a run I would be too timid or run myself out unecessarily or make poor innings management decisions.
The low budget players at the storm are no better talent wise than our low budget players, but the storm fringe players are in a winning culture and having winning seasons and hence make far better decisions every game than our guys do.
All of these lame mistakes or school boy errors we made on the field are all part of the team being on a gigantic losing skid that spans over 4 seasons or maybe even 10 years.
We didn't go into Saturday's game thinking it was a season's opener. We went into that game on the back of a hiding in game 25 last season and a poor last season all around.

We can be a good side. We just need to get on a roll.
How we get on a roll in not to invest in youth. Or at least not over invest. Youth can't turn things around or have previous winning experiences in their minds they can call upon.
Brown wants Youth. It appears Vailea was picked ahead of the more experienced Pompey for example.

I think we need to hunker down with our most experienced line up on Saturday vs Titans
With only the most talented youngsters playing.

1 Reece Walsh Young but actually good
2 Pompey More experienced than Kosi
3 Aitken (because an experienced centre)
4 Berry Young but good
5 Montoya Experienced
6 Kodi (because more experienced than Chanel Harris-Tavita)
7 Taylor Experienced
8 Addin Fonua-Blake Experienced
9 Egan
10 Lodge Experienced
11 Katoa Inexperienced and would be better off the bench
12 Ben Murdoch-Masila Experienced
13 Curran Young but good

14 Jazz Experienced
15 Pene
16 Afoa Experienced
17 Murchie Young but better than Sironen

For the rest of this season let's stop deferring to "this guy is part of the future and has a great upside" let's play more experienced guys unless young guy is obviously better.

Reactions: 3 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

I won't write off Kosi too early. I'd have Pompey & Arthars both ahead of him in the Right Wing pecking order but his last NRL game on that side, vs the Bulldogs, he broke tackles, made 2 linebreaks, bagged a try (bombed another) & the team didn't concede any points due to his defense. His terrible display vs the Dragons, that remains etched in many peoples memories, was on the Left Wing.
He did three incredibly bad outings that are etched in people's memories followed by a very decent outing vs Bulldogs

Last edited:
Wrighty

Wrighty

If somehow we jag the next thee games. Don't bring Shaun Johnson back in even if fit until we lose a game.
That would be a reward to these warriors who go in under the conch in the next three years under immense pressure and as huge underdogs. C'mon boys. Fire up.

Reactions: 1 user
ramps

ramps

Geez i hope Addin Fonua-Blake doesnt get suspended based on his judicial record.

Gutted about Shaun Johnson but im more excited to see Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge back together again.

The effect of losing Shaun Johnson isnt too bad now that we get Walsh back. Add Taylors kicking game. he may actually surprise a few running off the back of Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge.

1. Walsh
2. Ratuva (willing to take the risk)
3. Aitken (would much rather have him inside a rookie wing)
4. Berry
5. Montoya
6. Chanel Harris-Tavita (for his combination with Walsh and because i hate KNs effort)
7. Taylor
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Egan
10. Lodge
11. King Curran
12. katoa
13. Jazz

14. KN
15. Pene
16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
17. Murchie

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
Clearly our team are badly conditioned

One more nail in the coffin for Brownie, or does he get another pass this year?… 🤔

#AllIn

Reactions: 1 users
Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
If somehow we jag the next thee games. Don't bring Shaun Johnson back in even if fit until we lose a game.
That would be a reward to these warriors who go in under the conch in the next three years under immense pressure and as huge underdogs. C'mon boys. Fire up.

What happens if we lose our next 3?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Wrighty

Wrighty

What happens if we lose our next 3?
If we lose the next three and start the season 0 and 4 then brown should go full license to tinker and make crazy experiments with the team for the rest of the year.

Brown may not be a coach who was very good but he was the coach we needed for 2021 and 2022 as he is outstanding at recruitment and building a roster and he has done that
Just bring in a coach who is more results oriented next year as opposed to brown who values building for the future over present results

Mr Bob

Mr Bob

Contributor
If we lose the next three and start the season 0 and 4 then brown should go full license to tinker and make crazy experiments with the team for the rest of the year.

Brown may not be a coach who was very good but he was the coach we needed for 2021 and 2022 as he is outstanding at recruitment and building a roster and he has done that
Just bring in a coach who is more results oriented next year as opposed to brown who values building for the future over present results
So good at recruiting ?

What about actually coaching and winning ?

Wrighty

Wrighty

So good at recruiting ?

What about actually coaching and winning ?
There was no one else offered to us in 2020 who was any better
My inside source who I have lost contact with told me Toovey was considered carefully but viewed as an irate coach who would be bad for team well being.
There was no one better
Occassionally one of the posters on this message board during that process said we should be recruiting someone like Bellamy but what does that suggestion even mean ?
We did good by getting Brown and his recruiting will set us up for the next few years nicely.
Even Addin Fonua-Blake and Curran just resigned
Brown is a very valuable coach
He was who we needed at that time given the options

Reactions: 2 users
Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
Ed Kosi playing?? Why. Why is it nor readily apparent to the coaching staff he is a 2023 prospect at earliest.
He is a developing prospect very very early in his career who doesn't understand the basics.

Oh man.
i would rather play Murchie on the wing than Kosi
And how many points do you say you have in the fantasy comp?

Dixpat

Dixpat

In Stacey we (have to) trust
Contributor
Geez i hope Addin Fonua-Blake doesnt get suspended based on his judicial record.

Gutted about Shaun Johnson but im more excited to see Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge back together again.

The effect of losing Shaun Johnson isnt too bad now that we get Walsh back. Add Taylors kicking game. he may actually surprise a few running off the back of Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge.

1. Walsh
2. Ratuva (willing to take the risk)
3. Aitken (would much rather have him inside a rookie wing)
4. Berry
5. Montoya
6. Chanel Harris-Tavita (for his combination with Walsh and because i hate KNs effort)
7. Taylor
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Egan
10. Lodge
11. King Curran
12. katoa
13. Jazz

14. KN
15. Pene
16. Ben Murdoch-Masila
17. Murchie
Addin Fonua-Blake not charged and all past records not carried over into new charging regime

Reactions: 11 users
Noitall

Noitall

One area where the titans could kill it or could be vulnerable is brimson returning and one of his first games in the halves. Hopefully it takes time to gel for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.