Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaun Johnson out for up to 4 weeks with a minor pectoral strain 🙁
Was only a matter of time. The unders on 10 games a season looking more and more likely.

Just sucks because now Kodi and Chanel Harris-Tavita are back to having fuck all pressure on them like last season.

I'm hopeful with Taylor but not expecting much tbh, he's probably in a worse state than Shaun Johnson.

Grim looking season ahead.

Yep, this club is cursed. 1 week into the season and I'm already feeling completely deflated. Hard to shake the feeling that this year will be another complete write-off. On the flip side to try and not be a complete miserable piece of shit, I'm excited for Ash Taylor to hopefully debut and give it a good crack, I feel he deserves a break.

Yep, this club is cursed. 1 week into the season and I'm already feeling completely deflated. Hard to shake the feeling that this year will be another complete write-off. On the flip side to try and not be a complete miserable piece of shit, I'm excited for Ash Taylor to hopefully debut and give it a good crack, I feel he deserves a break.
I think we are probably best to steer clear of the terms crack and break at the moment.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
i don't think Taylor will do anything for us in the scheme of things, but Chanel Harris-Tavita and Kodi together has been shown not to work, someone has to kick.

1. Walsh
6. Chanel Harris-Tavita
7. Taylor

and though fans don't like it, have to consider putting a back on the bench, especially now the bunker (or whoever the fuck it is) can pull players off the field for headknocks, four forward benches might be going away, unless Aitken is the back cover.

Walsh has to be full back. He can pop up anywhere and support the line breaks that will happen.
1 Walsh
2 Kosi
3 Berry
4 Pompey
5 Montoya
6 Kodi
7 Taylor
8 Addin Fonua-Blake
9 Egan
10 Lodge
11 Aitken
12 Katoa
13 Curran
14 Jazz
15 Ben Murdoch-Masila
16 Pene
17 Murchie

If there are any injuries to the backs Aitken can cover. Egan can play close to 80. Jazz is there to give him 10 minutes rest and do his real job as a bench forward to cover any spot.
Kodi is there in front of Chanel Harris-Tavita because he is a live wire. Close to last chance saloon though for him.
I like Ratuva too but you have to leave some out.

Last edited:
1 Walsh
2 Ratuva
3 Berry
4 Arthur's
5 Montoya
6 Ash
7 Chanel Harris-Tavita
8 Addin Fonua-Blake
9 Egan
10 Lodge
11 Katoa
12 Aitken
13 Curran

14 Jazz
15 Pene
16 BUNTY
17 Ben Murdoch-Masila

No kodi.. Chanel Harris-Tavita has got to be in the halves Walsh feeds off him.. however wont be surprised if they swap around like the 1st trial.. Ash to steer the Team. Centres bit of a mystery now, maybe shift Aitken back there and give Murchie a go..
Don't envy Browny trying to pick this 1.. hope there's a plan B or C

Ed Kosi playing?? Why. Why is it nor readily apparent to the coaching staff he is a 2023 prospect at earliest.
He is a developing prospect very very early in his career who doesn't understand the basics.

Oh man.
i would rather play Murchie on the wing than Kosi
I'm just guessing wrighty, our depth isn't looking as good as I thought, and you never know what browny is thinking under that shiny scalp. The guy's pretty far out there but surely he won't play Ed in the halves.

Reactions: Fonzie
Was only a matter of time. The unders on 10 games a season looking more and more likely.

Just sucks because now Kodi and Chanel Harris-Tavita are back to having fuck all pressure on them like last season.

I'm hopeful with Taylor but not expecting much tbh, he's probably in a worse state than Shaun Johnson.

Grim looking season ahead.
Yep, it’s pretty fucked alright. 3-4 weeks, hopefully he can make it back sooner, not expecting too much from Ash but glad we have him if nothing else than for his kicking game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.