Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2021 Rnd 9 - Sea Eagles vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Katoa knows what he did is an Ivan Cleary Krisnan Inu in joke.

Mikes showing his age, as a fan at least.

Cleary dropped Inu when Inu was the only attacking light in the back line. A reporter asked if Inu was being punished, Cleary replied "he knows what he did".

Its a joke about Warriors players and 'injuries'.....

Ivan was a bit of a dick like that. Wannabe Wayne Bennett with the media. He has loosened up since his son started playing for him.

Johnson

U20's Player
Apr 28, 2021
Forum bet with Silvertails forum will be back on this week. for the logo change.

Apologies in advance (again).
Be a good game hopefully, impressed with the work ethic of Curran, I think Curran could play 13 and Katoa on the left edge would be stronger with Harris in the 8 jumper.

Look forward to seeing the silvertails emblem on here again!!!

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Katoa knows what he did is an Ivan Cleary Krisnan Inu in joke.

Mikes showing his age, as a fan at least.

Cleary dropped Inu when Inu was the only attacking light in the back line. A reporter asked if Inu was being punished, Cleary replied "he knows what he did".

Its a joke about Warriors players and 'injuries'.....

Ivan was a bit of a dick like that. Wannabe Wayne Bennett with the media. He has loosened up since his son started playing for him.
Right do not recall that but thanks

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
If Montoya and Aitken are back, Berry the unlucky guy to miss out for mine.

Pompey has done enough over the games he has been given to hold onto to his spot in the centres, especially a nice defensive game. I would be very interested to see Aitken and Montoya paired, two classical Australian styled wing three quarter men.

A Lighter faster potentially more skilled edge. I would really like to see those two play off Walsh....really get some Aussie structure into our edge play and a lot of speed and support running.

Ken while it is nice seeing Walsh give him cut out balls, is too slow from a standing start to catch Walsh in full flight....Aitken on the other hand, is just as quick as Walsh and he is greedy for Trys...the kind of player suited to pair with Walsh.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013

Pompey has done enough over the games he has been given to hold onto to his spot in the centres, especially a nice defensive game. I would be very interested to see Aitken and Montoya paired, two classical Australian styled wing three quarter men.

A Lighter faster potentially more skilled edge. I would really like to see those two play off Walsh....really get some Aussie structure into our edge play and a lot of speed and support running.

Ken while it is nice seeing Walsh give him cut out balls, is too slow from a standing start to catch Walsh in full flight....Aitken on the other hand, is just as quick as Walsh and he is greedy for Trys...the kind of player suited to pair with Walsh.
Is that more you rate Montoya over Berry or you just can't see Berry on the wing?

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Is that more you rate Montoya over Berry or you just can't see Berry on the wing?
I wouldn’t say I rate Montoya over Berry as such.

I liked the look of Berry very much indeed. He has a very nice build for an outside back, he reminds me of Sean Hoppe the most well rounded Warriors winger in our history.

I am sure Berry could play wing, but it would be hard defensively and I do not like switching these young guys who play like centres. Keep them at Centre and grow them.

Montoya is just more experienced and he has proven that he is a good edge defender when swapped about, so he is versatile.

Less risk with Montoya, and also he looks a lot better than what we were expecting, he is quick, he has a real focus, and he gives it every thing.

I think Montoya is serious about being a regular first grader and the Coaching staff know it.

Reminds me a bit of Jason Nightingale, very reliable guy to have in your team. Never going to be a star player.

A real footballer. I think you link Walsh with guys who have played first grade and are keen as much as you can put that type of attitude and experience around him.

One thing is for sure, it is less stressful to be a new player in the big time when you have guys around you are experienced, especially the communication in defence.

And on attack, it is less to think about if your partners know what to do without being told.

Last edited:

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013

I liked the look of Berry very much indeed. He has a very nice build for an outside back, he reminds me of Sean Hoppe the most well rounded Warriors winger in our history.

I am sure Berry could play wing, but it would be hard defensively and I do not like switching these young guys who play like centres. Keep them at Centre and grow them.

Montoya is just more experienced and he has proven that he is a good edge defender when swapped about, so he is versatile.

Less risk with Montoya, and also he looks a lot better than what we were expecting, he is quick, he has a real focus, and he gives it every thing.

I think Montoya is serious about being a regular first grader and the Coaching staff know it.

Reminds me a bit of Jason Nightingale, very reliable guy to have in your team. Never going to be a star player.

A real footballer. I think you link Walsh with guys who have played first grade and are keen as much as you can put that type of attitude and experience around him.

One thing is for sure, it is less stressful to be a new player in the big time when you have guys around you are experienced, especially the communication in defence.

And on attack, it is less to think about if your partners know what to do without being told.
Good logic, i have never really notice Montoya's speed but have noticed quite a few have mentioned it. What player would you compare him to speed wise?

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013

I like your thinking but personally I don't see Aitken as a Wing, I would have him as Centre and Pompey taking Ken's spot with Montoya taking Kosi's spot. Kosi went OK but we need more experience on the right. Pompey's height and general athleticism will counter Saab who is very tall and fast. Aitken runs good lines

Reactions: ramps and Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Good logic, i have never really notice Montoya's speed but have noticed quite a few have mentioned it. What player would you compare him to speed wise?
Well I compare him to Ken and Fusitua. He is faster than those two.

He has not had any real opportunities yet.

But you watch him kick chase, he absolutely puts the pedal down and comes in hard and fast on the opposition.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I like your thinking but personally I don't see Aitken as a Wing, I would have him as Centre and Pompey taking Ken's spot with Montoya taking Kosi's spot. Kosi went OK but we need more experience on the right. Pompey's height and general athleticism will counter Saab who is very tall and fast. Aitken runs good lines
Yeah I would not waste Aitken on the Wing either, I would have Montoya on Aitkens Wing.

Pompey centre, Ken keeps his spot for kick returns until Berry is ready next year, then I would have Pompey take Kens Wing or Berry, but whatever way you do it, I think we should move on from Ken next year as a back.

Give Ken the chance to reinvent himself as a Prop forward.

xWarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 27, 2012
Still not convinced that Aitken has a attacking game, guy never drew and passed when he was at the dragons and ran the ball strong like a second rower. I'd rather have Hiku and Pompey in the centre's good balance of attack and defense. Ideally to fit all our potential and form players I think this is our best backline:

1. RTS
2. Montoya
3. Aitken
4. Hiku
5. Pompey
6. Walsh
7. Nikorima

Ken just looks lost and soft this year I get paranoid everytime they kick a ball behind him or a grubber at him, someone mentioned he's carrying a injury ? Should just give him a rest then.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Yeah I would not waste Aitken on the Wing either, I would have Montoya on Aitkens Wing.

Pompey centre, Ken keeps his spot for kick returns until Berry is ready next year, then I would have Pompey take Kens Wing or Berry, but whatever way you do it, I think we should move on from Ken next year as a back.

Give Ken the chance to reinvent himself as a Prop forward.

I agree, does it seem to you that Ken is playing in pain?

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Be a good game hopefully, impressed with the work ethic of Curran, I think Curran could play 13 and Katoa on the left edge would be stronger with Harris in the 8 jumper.

Look forward to seeing the silvertails emblem on here again!!!
Just you wait bird boy, we've got a wiz kid and an all black's son now, good luck Tommy Turbo trying to keep up with them.

As for that pencil-neck geek who always beats us with a field goal... how much do you want for him?

It wasn't as bad as I expected being a Silvertail, that game against the Titans the following weekend was our most complete performance for years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnson

Johnson

U20's Player
Apr 28, 2021
Just you wait bird boy, we've got a wiz kid and an all black's son now, good luck Tommy Turbo trying to keep up with them.

As for that pencil-neck geek who always beats us with a field goal... how much do you want for him?

It wasn't as bad as I expected being a Silvertail, that game against the Titans the following weekend against was our most complete performance for years.
Yes you guys brained it in the completions of your sets, 40/40 from my memory, first team to achieve 100% completion rate.

Would have been good if Addin Fonua-Blake was playing also.

Reactions: Worried2Death

sydneywarrior92

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 12, 2013
geez the betting odds for this week are attractive. Aussies really don't rate us. I'm leveraging this week's bet up to the tilt. Really like our chances this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

02 May

24 - 20
6.5 Total Avg Rating
7.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 23 ratings