Status
Not open for further replies.

Warriors4eva95

Waterboy
Jun 8, 2017

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Sironen did all right I thought, not sure why so many are keen to drop him. Not flashy, but was on in a period where Cowboys had all the ball - 30 tackles in 28 minutes, no ineffective and no misses was a good contribution given the state of the game.
I think the balance was just a bit off when he came on in terms of a forward who can make that impactful run to gain a bit of momentum. We had a fairly small pack out there at the time. Previously Addin Fonua-Blake or Ben Murdoch-Masila have been able to drag us forward in those situations, but Ben Murdoch-Masila was under a fair bit of fatigue by that point. It’s where I think Murchie could have added something for us. I know Canberra looked at the idea of using him in the middle

Paulo24

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 3, 2014
NRL.com says Aitken is possibly available this week. If so, he takes the centre spot and Pompey pushes out to wing. No other changes.
Pompey is too good at centre. For me he is currently our best. Defensively he creates such confidence and is an excellent defensive centre while he is growing his attacking arsenal. I would move Berry to the wing and Kosi to 18th man. I would have both Pompey and Aitken in the centres. We will get ripped to shreds by Tommy and co otherwise.

Sportmagement

Egan and Evans rested for a week or 2. Egan seams to have the dont give a shit attitude as nobody will take my place !!! Knock that out of him now Browny or we could be in trouble more often
1. RTS
2. Fusitua (if fit)
3. Pompey
4. Berry
5. Maumolo
6. Walsh
7. Kodi
8. JTP
9. Egan
10. Afoa
11. Curran
12. Ben Murdoch-Masila
13. Tohu
14. Jazz
15 LAM
16. Evans
17. Someone other than Sironen

Origin period is very favourable for us as we are playing top teams around that period, but also the bye, buys us another week for Addin Fonua-Blake to get fit and healthy.

Once we have Aitken, CHT, Addin Fonua-Blake back, we are a top 6 team from what I've been seeing.

I mentioned in another thread, if we can't get Joseph Manu on an early release for fullback, I'd have no drama with Hiku at fullback and Walsh/CHT in the halves. His kicking game is wasted at fullback, he has a huge boot on him.

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Pretty much pick the same team, but depends on whos returning from injury. Potentially Aitken and Fusitua could be back. If so prefer Aitken and Pompey on the left edge with Walsh and Curran. Sorry Ken but the brain goes missing under pressure and Des and DCE know it. That leaves the leaky right edge Berry seems ok at centre kodi needs to stop hiding away as it brings the backline in that creates an overlap. Not sure how Brownie will approach this..

Reactions: Sup42

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
If Aitkin is good to go then he's in and probably Berry drops out. Would give Kosi another run to get him back on the horse but needs some protection.

Turbo is one guy, this will be about coaching and game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

02 May

24 - 20
6.5 Total Avg Rating
7.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 23 ratings