Exciting times for the club... Feels like every game is a final!! Full strength we are a top 8 team, these games blooding Berry etc will be invaluable down the line. How good does current look!! RTS/Walsh
Kodi (last chance saloon?) Egan JTB
Curren Harris Tevaga
Bench Ben Murdoch-Masila
Sironen (fit) Afoa
Don't want to see an unmotivated fusitua, could look to play SOS alongside Walsh and put Kodi on bench (replace Sironen)
Assuming Harris is only returnee
I've tried picking a team but have chopped and changed it to the point that I can't decide. More questions than answers at the moment.
I reckon a halves pairing of Walsh/Harris-Tavita with some snipes from dummy half by Nikorima from the bench could be pretty lethal, however that option is still several weeks away.
If we continue to play Egan for the full 80 we are going to break him. He clearly has injury niggles that he's carried into the season and its unrealistic to expect him to last the year with the workload which is beyond him at the moment. I'm guessing Turner was the original bench replacement option until he was forced to play centre twice. Probably time to give the spot to Otukolo, though with Harris back it would probably mean Jazz drops back to the bench and I like the impact Afoa, Ah Mau and Murdoch-Masila are giving us.
- Evans was weak in attack
- Sos has been solid and is our main kicker
- Ben Murdoch-Masila & afoa need to start, aggressive & fast start
- sironen a classy player, more mobile than murchie & has a catch pass for space
- Walsh to come into halves, spell Egan at 30 min, push kodi to 9.
- Montoya has been good, but Fusitua imo is a better winger. He was better two weeks ago but still needs to improve. If he’s fit, he’s a starting winger. Unless they want to play Montoya at centre and drop either sironen or murchie but I think having those options on the bench is good for outside and edge cover
Roge to fb
Walsh to bench, comes on, spells Egan & moves kodi to 9
Tohu back to 13 Tevaga to bench for leg speed at ruck after 30 Ben Murdoch-Masila to prop, to start. Afoa to start.