Who is your prefered fullback?

• Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Reece Walsh

Votes: 39 79.6%

• Total voters
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

So Montoya stuffed that kick Every player has at some time. His own kick was he was worried about being caught on last tackle. A bit more game time and he probably would be more aware of his supports. Suspect about his handling though. Good signing.

Reactions: 3 users
RobRoyMcCoy

RobRoyMcCoy

Same team for me. Katoa looks a bit underdone but we do not have any suitable forwards to replace him as far as I know.

Perhaps alter the prop rotation to find a better balance.

Another week of training with our new spine and with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck finding ways to be involved should be a good preparation for a depleted cowboys. I suspect we will go close to being favourites for this game, despite being in Townsville.

Reactions: 1 users

Sammyw11

1. walsh
2. pompey
3. aitken
4. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
5. ken (montoya if kens not fit, montoya wildly overrated by this forum lol)
6. nikorima
7. Chanel Harris-Tavita
8. evans
9. egan
10. LAM
11. katoa
12. Ben Murdoch-Masila
13. Tohu Harris

14. tevaga
15. afoa
16. Jamayne Tounua-Brown
17. murchie

Jamayne Tounua-Brown gone as soon as Addin Fonua-Blake is fit. murchie another that i find is overrated by this forum, has too many errors in his game, upside of playing katoa far outweighs it, kids going to be a super star, murch would be ok in short stints hitting holes out wide but getting off before he gets gassed and starts making errors

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Montoya couldn’t crack the worst backline in the comp at the dogs. lacks footy smarts and awareness he got put in space twice. First time he had walsh on his inside and Pompey on the out, 3 on 1, blew it. And the second one where he kick it. So really cost us 3 tries, he’s shit. Aitken left centre, Berry right Pompey wing where he’s best suited. Vailea wouldn’t be too far off either.
Lol please the dogs were atrocious. Look at everyone surprised at Reimis Smith suddenly looking like a baller.

The few Dogs games I watched, one thing stood out about Montoya was that he was always trying. Other players all around had clocked off and he was still having a dig.

Reactions: 8 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
1. walsh
2. pompey
3. aitken
4. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
5. ken (montoya if kens not fit, montoya wildly overrated by this forum lol)
6. nikorima
7. Chanel Harris-Tavita
8. evans
9. egan
10. LAM
11. katoa
12. Ben Murdoch-Masila
13. Tohu Harris

14. tevaga
15. afoa
16. Jamayne Tounua-Brown
17. murchie

Jamayne Tounua-Brown gone as soon as Addin Fonua-Blake is fit. murchie another that i find is overrated by this forum, has too many errors in his game, upside of playing katoa far outweighs it, kids going to be a super star, murch would be ok in short stints hitting holes out wide but getting off before he gets gassed and starts making errors
Calls Montoya overrated and replaces him with Slowmalo 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Cces

Cces

Jamayne Tounua-Brown will almost certainly get picked as Ale hasn't played in the last fortnight. To put it kindly Jamayne Tounua-Brown's attacking contribution vs the Tigers was poor. First time he's ever played on a 5 day turnaround though & got through 40 tackles & 84m against a vastly better pack in the Eels

Reactions: 1 user
Warrior482

Warrior482

Jamayne Tounua-Brown will almost certainly get picked as Ale hasn't played in the last fortnight. To put it kindly Jamayne Tounua-Brown's attacking contribution vs the Tigers was poor. First time he's ever played on a 5 day turnaround though & got through 40 tackles & 84m against a vastly better pack in the Eels

Yeah to me the kid looks tired, wouldn't mind benching him for Leeson but the way we've been starting games lately I dunno

Swanley

Swanley

Yeah I heard the good news.

I would drop him after that game provided one of Curran or Siro are fit.

No no no no to dropping Montoya,

He scored two nice trys, what do you people want?

Next week he will not bumble it in the in goal....

Walsh gave away an identical try.

Yet the Montoya Bulldog bias is king around here.
Montoya has been really impressive. Apart from that one error on the weekend, he's exceeded expectations.

Reactions: 5 users
Swanley

Swanley

Nah, That break Montoya made & had Walsh in support and should have passed, But kicked instead was Montoya brother.

Yeah, I'd rather have Montoya & Pompey on the wings & Aitken(For now. I still don't rate him 😂) Berry in the centers. If they persist with Walsh at FB(I think he should be in the halves) I'd have Roger at centre with Berry. Just a waste out there. Get him a little closer to the action.

I guess my beef with Aitken is. All wingers outside him will look mud if he doesn't pass lol. Lucky we have wonderboy with that cut out pass of his that can skip Aitken out 😂 Defensively hes alright. Made some good reads. Got run over a few times & rushed in when he didn't need too. I rate him a 5 1/2 out of 10 defensively.
Offensively, i rate him a 3/10 lol.
Plenty of time to win me over tho.
Are you even sure Montoya knew Walsh was there? Too me it looked like he didn't even see or hear him, hence the kick...because if he knew Walsh there he either passes to him or kicks it straight and not across the field to the posts....

Swanley

Swanley

Aitken does have the reputation of not passing, but so did many top centres, Brett overrated Tate never passed a single ball to Lock or anyone for that matter.

He just hogged his way into running wide into the Wingers channel and scoring himself....which he was extremely good at while playing in the best backlines in the world....you will not find a Brett Tate highlight in a Warriors jumper anywhere on the interweb....because there are none. People rave about him as a Warrior but....

I digress....

I would love to know what Aitken said to Walsh after Walsh cut him out three times in a row to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.....

Straight after that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck try Aitken said something and Walsh shouted back at him.
100%, Tony Martin was a better centre then Tate for the Warriors...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Swanley

Swanley

ramps

ramps

What’s Taunoa-brown ever done to keep being picked? He must be the most bfn prop there is. Same with Afoa who’s last good game was back in 2018. I’ve been watching Frei for a while. He’s got good pace and support play for a prop not the strongest, but he’s aggressive with a energetic attitude. I’d have Ale before him
But he deserves a crack with what our current props are dishing up. I’d resign Frei and get a extra 10kegs on him.
You just finished saying one of his best attributed is that he has good pace and support play then you ended with add another 10 kgs on him? Wouldn't that suggest we would then lose those two attributes due to being too heavy?