Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2020 Rnd 6 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Yeah Ken and Paasi have to come in. Fusitua if he has snapped out of his fug. I haven’t seen him play since last year though, and he seemed to not give a shit any more.
As talented as the Fusitua is, I don’t want anyone in there that isnt into it. This team only has one thing going for it. Most of the young guys appreciate playing and try hard.

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 26, 2014
Yeah Ken and Paasi have to come in. Fusitua if he has snapped out of his fug. I haven’t seen him play since last year though, and he seemed to not give a shit any more.
As talented as the Fusitua is, I don’t want anyone in there that isnt into it. This team only has one thing going for it. Most of the young guys appreciate playing and try hard.
Good to see again ain't it
Even against the Panthers our young pack kept on keeping on .

If we keep this pack together we are in for an exciting couple of years

Uk Warriors fan

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2017
Agreed on the above. It will be interesting to see what happens next week or over the next couple of weeks when we Papali’i’s on the sideline & Tevaga’s back. We’re building up a bit of depth there which is great to see.

wrighty

President of Anti-Jazz Movement
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Ken is listed on the injury report as not back until round 7

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
It worked this week, so I won't be heartbroken to see it again, but I'm not sold on us starting Blair and Harris together. Too often it feels like they do the same thing in up the middle and we miss out on having some dynamism on the right edge, like we do on the left with Katoa. Murchie is decent but he ain't that guy. Not seen enough of Curran yet but he's promising. I liked Pulu but he seems to be out of favour.

Seen a lot of criticism of Papali'i recently, but it's easy to forget that he's still only 21 and already has 50 games under his belt. Same age as Curran and only a year older than Katoa. Kearney seems to see Papali'i as a lock, but I haven't seen anything out of him there to make me think that's his position. He was at his best in 2018 when linking up with Green and RTS on the left edge imo. With Green now mostly playing the right side, that could be a good spot for him -- especially with Herbert and Fusitua outside. Still so much room to develop. Needs to grow the hair back though.

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
It worked this week, so I won't be heartbroken to see it again, but I'm not sold on us starting Blair and Harris together. Too often it feels like they do the same thing in up the middle and we miss out on having some dynamism on the right edge, like we do on the left with Katoa. Murchie is decent but he ain't that guy. Not seen enough of Curran yet but he's promising. I liked Pulu but he seems to be out of favour.

Seen a lot of criticism of Papali'i recently, but it's easy to forget that he's still only 21 and already has 50 games under his belt. Same age as Curran and only a year older than Katoa. Kearney seems to see Papali'i as a lock, but I haven't seen anything out of him there to make me think that's his position. He was at his best in 2018 when linking up with Green and RTS on the left edge imo. With Green now mostly playing the right side, that could be a good spot for him -- especially with Herbert and Fusitua outside. Still so much room to develop. Needs to grow the hair back though.
Pretty sure Curran is hurt atm. Hamstring injury.

Reactions: Fonzie

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Pretty sure Curran is hurt atm. Hamstring injury.
Why isn't he on the injury list?

Warriors

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
Why isn't he on the injury list?

Warriors

Just going off of the Warriors website, https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/20202/06/11/two-out-of-casualty-ward/

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
What are the rabbitohs like at the moment gents?

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
What are the rabbitohs like at the moment gents?
I'm a gent but we do have ladies on this forum too. ;) The Rabbits have been bit of a mixed bag, but am pretty sure they will feature in the top 8 this year. Cook and Murray have been their usual dangerous selves. Mitchell has been very erratic but we all know how capable he is on his day. Will be interesting how they go this round as they are still to play.

Reactions: Off The Bench

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
What I’m liking with the team and new recruits is that they seem more well rounded. They can defend but they offer something in attack. Harris, Katoa, Blair are all ball players. King and JTB seem more dynamic and know their role. They all seem sharp and focused.

Papalii, Tevaga and Burr were part of the problem. All smaller players for there positions and tackle bots with little attacking flair. All playing above their natural playing weight and seem slow and less agile.

We seem to be sharper mentally this year as well. No jet lag? With the right player type selected, the mental focus becomes the difference between top 8 and the rest. At the moment it’s looking good.

We seem to have the physical conditioning right with more energy through the game and finishing strongly at the end. We finished over the top of the cows and Dragons. Even against the Panthers we seems to be ok fitness wise.

Credit to the selections this year. A good group developing.

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
I'm a gent but we do have ladies on this forum too. ;) The Rabbits have been bit of a mixed bag, but am pretty sure they will feature in the top 8 this year. Cook and Murray have been their usual dangerous selves. Mitchell has been very erratic but we all know how capable he is on his day. Will be interesting how they go this round as they are still to play.
They've played 2 of the stronger teams since the comp has come back, Roosters and Storm but they didn't look particularly strong in either of the two games. A couple of extenuating circumstances with some reason, Bennett had Cam Murray playing on the edge when he's a 13 and Walker being out due to "off the field" business. Give them a couple of weeks and they should be back to normal. Hopefully after our game :).

Reactions: Off The Bench

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Well the season only has 20 rounds
I guess I was on a hiding to nothing with that post. What I was inferring but didn't have the guts to say it, is that LAM will be back for the playoffs if we make the top 8.
Now have typed that out you can see how ridiculous it sounds, which is why my first post was deliberately short and just hoped you guys would guess what I meant. LOL.

Last Game

07 Aug

6.5 Total Avg Rating
6.5 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 23 ratings