Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Pick Your Team 2020 Rnd 12 - Tigers vs Warriors

Tigers 1.jpg

After the Round 11 game against the Sydney Roosters at Central Coast Stadium do you want to see any changes for the Round 12 game against the Wests Tigers at Sydney Cricket Ground?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

pompower

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I’d like to see Roache onthe bench. Lawton showed today how effective a running hookercan be so a

Lawton /Roache combo appeals.
Lawton ran for 50 metres. I'm not sure how much of a point that really proves tbh. He was one of our best, for sure, and we were much worse when he went off but I think that's more to do with him being an experienced hooker and CHT not being one. Effective running game wasn't my take-away. The biggest problem when he went off was that we lost our dominance in the ruck and stopped winning the middle -- that's what Egan is best at imo. I'd honestly wager that if Egan was available today and we split duties between him and Lawton, we may have actually won that game.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
side note - I wonder what his little brother Paul is up to since leaving the raiders to return to Auckland? (he's gone back to the dark side)
At Ponsonby rugby and Akld too. I was speaking to a MAGs staff member who said that he rated Paulie Roache as the best 1st XV rugby player at MAGs, more so than His brother, Isiah Papali’i and Caleb Clarke. I think he is also in the police force and that has been his focus.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Time to start looking to the future and phase out those who are not in next years plans. Also worth seeing how well these loan players gel with the key squad members and the young guys hungry for a new contract:

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Herbert
3. Keighran
4. Perham
5. Jennings
6. Nikorima
7. Harris-Tavita
8. Taunoa-Brown
9. Egan
10. Heatherington
11. Katoa
12. Harris
13. Tevaga
14. Lawton
15. Murchie
16. Alvaro
17. Papalii

18. Green
20. Hiku
21. Blair
22. Burr

Payten is fighting for a coaching contract though so is unlikely to make such wholesale changes.

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Looking forward to the next few weeks without Ken and co ... I'm over the big wing Manu type players.. opportunity for Peyton to play around with the backline maybe AK to return etc..... not to fussed about the team this week so be interesting from now on..

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player