Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2020 Rnd 1 - Warriors vs Knights (1 Viewer)

Who will win?

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Warriors 12-

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Warriors JANFIN Special by 6

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Knights 12-

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Knights 13+

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016

PICK YOUR TEAM THREAD

Pick Your Team 2020 Rnd 1 - Warriors vs Knights - Mcdonald Jones Stadium
3pm 14/03/2020 (Local Time (AEST))

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 7.06.16 pm.png

Who has warranted a spot in the first grade team for round 1?
Any bolters?
Injury concerns - will RTS and Paasi be fit?
Will we start 2020 with a new "game model" or much of the same as what we saw last year and this preseson?
Will our players put in a showing, proving their preseason where they have enjoyed themselves rather than gruelling training was worth it?

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: YeahNah 4020

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Warriors by 22 points. Fusitua with a double to get the jump on Maumalo who only scored one, fir the race to the seasons top try scorer.

Defence will repeat the Rotorua first half effort and keep them to only a try per half. Blair to be a defensive rock and lead the pack like a seasoned pro.

32-10 Warriors. I’m all in!

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Being the “nice guys” of the NRL, we’ll go down in history for using the captain’s challenge to have one of our own tries disallowed due to a knock on in the lead up to KennyM dotting down.

Knights will go on to win 24-20.

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
OK Men, cu**s, and Eunuchs

It has finally arrived that we get to talk league again more seriously after a long off season full of trials and tribulations.

This is the NRL.com predicted Knights Team as of Feb 24

1 Kalyn Ponga
2 Edrick Lee
3 Gehamat Shibasaki
4 Tautau Moga
5 Hymel Hunt
6 Kurt Mann
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 David Klemmer
9 Jayden Brailey
10 Daniel Saifiti
11 Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12 Mitchell Barnett
13 Tim Glasby

Interchange

14 Connor Watson
15 Joshua King
16 Herman Ese’ese
17 Aidan Guerra

Some helpful/knowledgeable kent to analyse that line up and tell us the strengths weaknesses etc in a nuanced post plox.

Thanks Admin for getting this thread going

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
I think Klemmer will be a metre eater but containable as he seems to measure how much energy to put into each game with a view to lasting the whole season with consistent performances.
That is a corporate speak for saying he is a very high priced, deluxe model, pay-check player.

Reactions: Pozza

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
We are gonna get pummelled.

13+
Tajhay

I still have the Sydney Roosters showing as the next match Jan 24 2020 on my banner ad on the right hand side of the web site?

Will this clock over to New Castle on Monday?

Reactions: Weno

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Reactions: DallyM

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
Their backline doesn't really scare me at all, outside of Ponga.
Mann is very, very average (being generous) so I imagine 99% of their playmaking will come from Pearce/Ponga.
Their forward pack is full of plodders. Klemmer is obviously a talent but I don't rate the rest of them, can't really see any X-factor guys in there.

Shit, replace Ponga with RTS and Klemmer with Harris and I just described our team...

wrighty

Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Their backline doesn't really scare me at all, outside of Ponga.
Mann is very, very average (being generous) so I imagine 99% of their playmaking will come from Pearce/Ponga.
Their forward pack is full of plodders. Klemmer is obviously a talent but I don't rate the rest of them, can't really see any X-factor guys in there.

Shit, replace Ponga with RTS and Klemmer with Harris and I just described our team...
This game is a bell weather for the whole season. I hope the Referees don't decide to hand the game to New Castle - as I notice the league has a soft spot for them.
Just as well we have the captains challenge. I feel the warriors will benefit from this feature more than most teams provided we use it smartly.

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
This game is a bell weather for the whole season. I hope the Referees don't decide to hand the game to New Castle - as I notice the league has a soft spot for them.
Just as well we have the captains challenge. I feel the warriors will benefit from this feature more than most teams provided we use it smartly.
Yep - remember the Knights game last year where the refs were doing everything in their power to hand them victory (including not stopping the game for a knocked out Hiku)? Plus the fact that the media pumps up Ponga so much that you'd think he was the only star fullback playing :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings