Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Ken was immense for us against the Rabbits, really tough runs right into the guts, often put us on the front foot. I would have him in there before Fusitua, I think Fusitua is cruising, done nothing really wrong and safe enough under the high ball but meh.
Good point bro,it is a point of difference view.
Just think SK would keep Fusitua ahead of Big Ken.
Ken is the stronger ball returner and puts his hand up more.
I know it wont happen it reason why i stated it.
I would sacrifice one them to see what a real speedster could do.

Lisone looked ok when he came on but why did he only play 6 mins? Our team were tired, Passi injured yet the coach still only gives a fresh player 6 minutes ....

13 minutes according to nrl.com, but yeah it's weird. Posted great stats in that stint, almost double Blair's 80 minute meter total and 100% tackle efficiency. Was he injured also?

I agree with Jagged re Passi, but fingers crossed. On Lawton, it sh!ts me that we dont play him as utility. The guy has played every back position and now a hooker who I think could handle an edge fine. Why did we buy him if we dont play him. I felt Luke still isnt match fit and Id rather sit him out if he is still not match fit.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
  2. Fusitua
  3. Hiku
  4. Beale
  5. Ken
  6. AK
  7. Chanel Harris-Tavita
  8. Afoa
  9. Luke/Lawton
  10. Burr
  11. Pulu
  12. Harris
  13. Papali'i

14. Ah Mau
  15. Sao
  16. Jazz. hes played epic last few games, torn as I use to dislike his play so much. But is our best utlity right now, if we arent going to give Lawton a chance
  17. Lisone, Im not a big fan but I agree re Passi needs a miracle.

Last edited:
  1. Green/AK(if Green is not fit)

Yeah look Id have put him in the side, but if his groin was bad enough to not play last minute, he needs rest as they nasty mofo injuries, Given the Cowboys are lamed by injuries I think the young pair can handle the jandle or Kearney will stick with the Bro mentality and play Hiku there and all our team lists are screwed lol

Firstly there are no soft games in the NRL. The Warriors have proved that over and over.

Secondly, where the guy comes from shouldn't be a factor. If he's earned his spot and he's the best man for the job, he's in.

Just my opinions.
Sure there are, if you are Wayne Bennet or Belamy with close to 70% records (ignore Bennet add Newc) they come around most weeks and as there understudy at both clubs Kearney should have this team well above 45% with the Roster he has, Green or no Green, Chanel isnt new to running packs around and AK showed some promise, beating a sseverely mamed Cowboys at home should be piss easy with our Roster and our coaches pedigree, but is that the problem...... Good teams do find lesser teams easy, thats just a falacy they dont, because there are 2 top teams in this comp amd 2 ok ones and 12 pretty crap ones. Do we wanna be crap? Well get out there and tell them we are not easy beats.

And of course it matters where you come from. NSW you live. breath, wake up, eat, sh!t, rinse and repeat NRL. Him growing up there gives him a major advantage mentally to NZ players who just have it soft in NZ compared to NSW clubs which have 20 odd NRL related tv shows, at least 6-8 games a week in Sydney, Media in the news both in print, web and on TV talking about your club. It matters a shed load. Why else do you think the Warriors havnt won a prem yet?

When Crowe was asked if he thought the Warriors could win the comp he scoffed in laughter with a yes, but clearly he was thinking if they were based in Sydney. Because he is a redfern supporter through and through and its that level of intensity in NSW that turns Kiwis into buying clubs to turn them around and jolly well didnt he do that and then some. So yes it matters VERY much where you come from. Whats NZ's record against Aus in rugby league? So its not just about if your good enough, its 90% more are you mentally tough enough to handle the scrutiny for NSW clubs, and that intensity level in players is what we need more of, not just talent, because if it was just talent we would have had 20 prems by now.

Sure there are, if you are Wayne Bennet or Belamy with close to 70% records (ignore Bennet add Newc) they come around most weeks and as there understudy at both clubs Kearney should have this team well above 45% with the Roster he has, Green or no Green, Chanel isnt new to running packs around and AK showed some promise, beating a sseverely mamed Cowboys at home should be piss easy with our Roster and our coaches pedigree, but is that the problem...... Good teams do find lesser teams easy, thats just a falacy they dont, because there are 2 top teams in this comp amd 2 ok ones and 12 pretty crap ones. Do we wanna be crap? Well get out there and tell them we are not easy beats.

And of course it matters where you come from. NSW you live. breath, wake up, eat, sh!t, rinse and repeat NRL. Him growing up there gives him a major advantage mentally to NZ players who just have it soft in NZ compared to NSW clubs which have 20 odd NRL related tv shows, at least 6-8 games a week in Sydney, Media in the news both in print, web and on TV talking about your club. It matters a shed load. Why else do you think the Warriors havnt won a prem yet?

When Crowe was asked if he thought the Warriors could win the comp he scoffed in laughter with a yes, but clearly he was thinking if they were based in Sydney. Because he is a redfern supporter through and through and its that level of intensity in NSW that turns Kiwis into buying clubs to turn them around and jolly well didnt he do that and then some. So yes it matters VERY much where you come from. Whats NZ's record against Aus in rugby league? So its not just about if your good enough, its 90% more are you mentally tough enough to handle the scrutiny for NSW clubs, and that intensity level in players is what we need more of, not just talent, because if it was just talent we would have had 20 prems by now.
I don’t agree with that at all, Aus have always had more talent than us, you only have to look at the immortals.

Any Warriors fan who picks a team without Kata in it is, unfortunately, dreaming. While Kata should be dropped - and should have been dropped from this side a year or two ago - I’d bet a lot of $ that at kick-off time next week, Kata will be there lining up in the centres again (with the opposition loving the fact that he is).

Wth an aussie CEO ect maybe that might get us over the line?

I don’t agree with that at all, Aus have always had more talent than us, you only have to look at the immortals.
They also have 5x the population. :)

Every time we get thinkers from Aus clubs in the team we seem to do well, for the reasons i outlined, Daniel Anderson, Cleary both great newish coaches to the game. Maloney, Green, Wiki etc

My point is it does matter where you come from because if you are good enough talent wise and you are also good enough in mental toughness you have a huge edge over NZ that barely even acknowledges RL as a sport outside our own club. Thats the point.

So if we cant move to Aus then lets bring Aus to NZ and that young guy has Talent and is from a very successful club. End of as far as Im concerned, all I was doing was asking how he was going.

wrighty

They also have 5x the population. :)

Every time we get thinkers from Aus clubs in the team we seem to do well, for the reasons i outlined, Daniel Anderson, Cleary both great newish coaches to the game. Maloney, Green, Wiki etc

My point is it does matter where you come from because if you are good enough talent wise and you are also good enough in mental toughness you have a huge edge over NZ that barely even acknowledges RL as a sport outside our own club. Thats the point.

So if we cant move to Aus then lets bring Aus to NZ and that young guy has Talent and is from a very successful club. End of as far as Im concerned, all I was doing was asking how he was going.

Graham Lowe wasn't Australian.

So there are three possibilities with Kata.

1: He gets picked, and SK gas-lights the fans with some kind of Jedi Mind Trick. "Kata is not the player letting in all those tries". All in the hope that he'll have a big game against the struggling cows...

2: He is still the first picked player in the team but is unavailable because of the injury that caused him to play so poorly on the weekend. A second gas-lighting option.

3: He gets dropped with no explanation other than he isn't playing well enough to justify selection.

I'm going with no.2.

I think they'll keep him in the first choice center spot on the roster, and drop him at the same time because of an injury concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.