Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2019 Rnd 3 - Manly vs Warriors

Who is your preferred hooker combo? Two votes.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Pick Your Team 2019 Rnd 3 - Manly vs Warriors

After the Round 2 game against the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium do you want to see any changes for the Round 3 game against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at Christchurch Stadium?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Lisone is copping a lot of shit but I thought he actually went out and ran hard and straight. Sure he did some dum shit but that's nothing new and he never got dropped for it before. If you are going to drop anyone based on that game then look at the stats, there will be a few with high error rates I am sure.
If it is a cumulative thing and you want people dropped on error rate then Lisone, Burr, Kata and Jazz should all be going, they are all good for at least one drop per game.

Not defending Lisone, he is kaka and I would have Sao and Pulu in there before him but this game wasn't lost by Lisone alone.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
The unfortunate thing is that the reserves are not going too well. Are any players from that team performing well?

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
ISP stats page only has tries/scoring and fantasy points for players - but according to that CHT, Herbert at FB, Lawton, Tom Ale and Pulu at least didn't have terrible games. Most telling stat is only 38% possession and 10 penalties conceded.

Lawton on report for a trip but that should be a fine only. Lisone on report for a crusher, he'll be certain to miss a week at least right?

I'd like to see Blair go back to lock/prop, he's not doing anything for me as a right back-rower - problem is the next cab off the rank at RBR is apparently Ayshford. Too early to give up on Harris at left and move him back to right with Pulu on the left? Thought even in the win over the Dogs he was quiet. Suspect SK won't hit that panic button yet though.

Stalefish540

Just win.
Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
His calves are the size of watermelons, how the heck he tweak one of those?
Thats the problem with dudes like him, mansour etc. They are cut to ribbons, and for some reason that appears to make you more prone to injury. Either that or they're just made of glass.

Reactions: Hazman and Sup42

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
Thats the problem with dudes like him, mansour etc. They are cut to ribbons, and for some reason that appears to make you more prone to injury. Either that or they're just made of glass.
It happens, there are a number of genetic conditions that make you really prone to soft tissue damage - may have lost the genetic lottery there.

Reactions: Stalefish540

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
It happens, there are a number of genetic conditions that make you really prone to soft tissue damage - may have lost the genetic lottery there.
Awen Gutenbiel springs to mind, used to be one of the biggest hitters in the NRL, then started breaking down, they mentioned a genetic issue.

The big hits went out the window, he leaned down to a skinny forward, and became an Elijah Taylor type, a softer tacklebot.

I'm guessing that the only change Kearney will make will be Sao who made his extended bench, probably will take Lisone's spot while he is suspended.

There might be other injury enforced changes of course.

Hoping Roach is fit and we therefore get to see what SK thinks if the three little men are all available all at once.

Hope Taane Milne comes through for us this year.

Reactions: bruce and tajhay

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
His calves are the size of watermelons, how the heck he tweak one of those?

hmmm if I remember correctly he ruptured his Achilles which can be a career ending injury for many so the fact his calf is tight is not good signs. Calf tightness one week, Achilles tear the next and before you know it your back on the rehab train for another 6 months. I hope not ...

WellingtonOrca

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 14, 2012
ISP stats page only has tries/scoring and fantasy points for players - but according to that CHT, Herbert at FB, Lawton, Tom Ale and Pulu at least didn't have terrible games. Most telling stat is only 38% possession and 10 penalties conceded.
Found scroll bar, will take back what I said about Pulu, 5 missed tackles, 2 penalties conceded and only 8 runs for 71 meters in 72 minutes. Doesn't sound too hot. Foward depth definitely looking a bit shaky.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Lisone has to be dropped
He actually ran well compared to the others
Pulu, 5 missed tackles, 2 penalties conceded and only 8 runs for 71 meters in 72 minutes. Doesn't sound too hot.
ISP for sure then
I'd like to see Blair go back to lock/prop
I would like to see him get a decent kick up the arse. He is highly paid, he isn't allowed dud games.
Awen Gutenbiel springs to mind, used to be one of the biggest hitters in the NRL, then started breaking down, they mentioned a genetic issue.

The big hits went out the window, he leaned down to a skinny forward, and became an Elijah Taylor type, a softer tacklebot.

I'm guessing that the only change Kearney will make will be Sao who made his extended bench, probably will take Lisone's spot while he is suspended.

There might be other injury enforced changes of course.

Hoping Roach is fit and we therefore get to see what SK thinks if the three little men are all available all at once.

Hope Taane Milne comes through for us this year.
Mate it is the forwards that are the problem, and always have been during the SK reign.

Reactions: Hazman and Tragic

RonNitroSwanson

Warriors Bench Player
Sep 10, 2018
Tom Ale in the 21 along with another youngster of promise, give the bludgers from last week a scare and motivate them.
Lisone will be suspended, sorted, if Roache is right demote Bully to bench or ISP. Looked like a park footballer at best!
Kata went down, if it wasn't serious enough to miss a week kick him up the ass as it led to a try. No player should feign or go down injured tackle 5 on your own line, man up Solo!
How come Milne was a scratching from ISP?? Visa issues?
Drop Bunty start off with Blair up front. A fired up Bunty running at knackered forwards after 20-25 mins will give us a lift toward the back end of the half, something we struggle with leaking points and ascendency.

Status
Not open for further replies.