Votes: 75 90.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
We won. I have never ever ever ever seen any sports forum or group of fans complain and point out so many opportunities for improvement after a win.

NEWSFLASH: We aren't winning the comp this season. Stop worrying about tinkering with "high risk high return" player selection gambles when the elite teams are simply too good this season.
Our goal is to make best efforts to make the top eight. If we make it we will gain playoff experience. If we just miss out it will help us recruit good players for next season.

Our time is coming. We are putting the building blocks in place. Don't kill the golden goose being impatient this season and I think that expression is apt. We need Green for the time being to mentor the whole team and teach them. Golden eggs like Papali'i and CHT (when his time comes) will emerge.

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
People are rightly pointing out that Green was our only kicking option and so lots of pressure on him. If they give Lawton more time on the paddock then he should be a kicking option, he is a 5/8th as well as a hooker so I assume he knows how to kick. Same if Bully comes back. Then if KN takes a kick or two then we have 3 x options and they cant all rush Kakariki or if they do he shovels it to KN who decides to run on the last, beats the first two tacklers and offloads it to RTS who is backing up on the inside and beats the fullback with a step and swerve then races to score under the black dot, and that's the game folks Warriors 102 - Panthers 0.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Not watching this game on purpose. Too much scarring from past experience where warriors teams coming of great wins lose to the bottom of the table strugglers going through soul searching. I hope this time will be different but last year the Broncos put 20 in one half on the panthers and then we played them into form the following game after we had just between the dragons in a thriller if i recall. I knows that's the game but I'd rather watch it on replay if we win :) However in saying this I genuinely think we are mentally different from the last couple of years not by much but just a little tougher.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
the worse part of the greenes game is predictability up in under kicking(with zero runners) .. and as no one else seems to step-up ... surely Kodi an take some of the load

I wouldn't complain about running the same team for the Panthers ... Jazz actually played some great footy in the 2nd... without the dumb passes

No way do I want to see Blair anything more than bench player
just remember in that game everyone knew he was the warriors last play option. They ran at him all night, just like the warriors ran at Hunt. Difference was Hunt bottled it, and Green didnt.

I think until the warriors get another last play option, and I noted the week before how often they died at the death with ball in hand (not that it worked). Then his play is going to be predictable and probably rushed as well.

Personally I would look at bringing AK into the side at training playing as a centre opposite Green just for the kicking back up and in case they lose Luke (if luke makes it back into first grade, if not then someone else needs to step up and help Green out.)

I dont mind if Blair is a starter, just as long as he isn't expected to do 80 mins. Thats where the issue comes from.

Reactions: Worried2Death

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
NEWSFLASH: We aren't winning the comp this season. Stop worrying about tinkering with "high risk high return" player selection gambles when the elite teams are simply too good this season.
Our goal is to make best efforts to make the top eight. If we make it we will gain playoff experience. If we just miss out it will help us recruit good players for next season.
Why not? Theres still time. I can't believe that you would write the season off yet. They can still make the 8 and if they hadn't been robbed of the game in Melb would currently be sitting 9th. If this was my team, I wouldn't tell them that they should be aiming for 8. I'd be telling them i expect to see them in the grand final.

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Gonna drive us all absolute nuts if we get beaten on Friday night and anyone says they didn't see it coming...we trained well all week, they wanted it more than us, they came at us with high energy, it was a tight trunaround, we got off to a slow start, we gave away a few cheap penalties and got punished....what the hell does all that mean??

Boys, you know what's coming so expect the worst, and if they don't show up we can expect to put on a cricket score....right??

Essentially same team, Luke replacing Roache to start (taking no chances with his back issue) otherwise no need to change the team. Sorry Mr. Blair, Ligi's going no-where.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 12, 2016
Perth, Australia
Lawton won us the game, and Green controlled it.
And no, CHT has not shown that he can *control* a game yet. Until he can do it at the same standard or better than Blair, he can practice in ISP..
Lawton won us the game? Jeez you guys can get carried away with Lawton. Yes he did awesome with his short cameo. Changed the flow of the game with his runs(Roache as well) But we started getting on top of them when players who were shit in the first half came out firing in the second half in attack & defense.

Big Ken was enormous for us the whole game. Even his dee was great. Yards a plenty, And the scorer of 2 great tries. MOM for mine.
Hiku & Herbert setting up there wingers and actually passing to them gave me a stiffy.
Rts his usual energetic self. Papalii in the 2nd half woke up. Stung in dee, Ran with purpose, Couple of beautiful offloads. Sao was our best forward when he came on.

Give credit where credit is due.

Lawton was dynamic & i hope he is our long term hooker.
But lets not get carried away aye. Let the kid live a little and stop with the second coming of Christ stuff.

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016
Yep it was a good game against a team that have lost their last 4 now? We should be able to beat the Panthers on current form however I’m not holding my breath on that one. I still think our attack is clunky and is not firing, we will defiantly get spanked against a team that pits it all together on the day. Hopefully we can scrape into the top 8 this year but I think it will be the same as last year - we will go no further. If we do make the 8 then I’m relatively happy with that.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I dont mind if Blair is a starter, just as long as he isn't expected to do 80 mins. Thats where the issue comes from.
You mean start in ISP :D? Good idea. This guy needs the rocket back to Oz.
I wouldn't tell them that they should be aiming for 8. I'd be telling them i expect to see them in the grand final.
Rebel Yell again:rolleyes:

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Big Ken was enormous for us the whole game.
I have often said he isn't a winger, although he is one hell of a footballer. I am changing my mind, like Mount Wellington told me years ago, he has it all.

There are only two duds in this current team i.e. Blair and Luke. Then there are a couple of fringers i.e. Paasi, Lawton, Roache and Hiku. The rest are genuine first graders: RTS, Ken, Fus, Herbert, Kodi, Green, Papaili, Bunty, Leeson Ah Mau, Harris, Sao and Jazz. Why Jazz Bruce? Because he won a bloody Dally M Bruce.

Anyway, say what you like, but it doesn't take too many duds to stuff a team up, and that ladies and jellybeans is the story of 2019.

Last edited:

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
I have often said he isn't a winger, although he is one hell of a footballer. I am changing my mind, like Mount Wellington told me years ago, he has it all.

There are only two duds in this current team i.e. Blair and Luke. Then there are a couple of fringers i.e. Paasi, Lawton, Roache and Hiku. The rest are genuine first graders: RTS, Ken, Fus, Herbert, Kodi, Green, Papaili, Bunty, Leeson Ah Mau, Sao and Jazz. Why Jazz Bruce? Because he won a bloody Dally M Bruce.

Anyway, say what you like, but it doesn't take too many duds to stuff a team up, and that ladies and jellybeans is the story of 2019.
but he isnt fast or explosive off the line. Although that chase back showed a nice turn of speed, I still think he is going the Manu route and would be better moving into the second row to become a player like Tohu.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
WTF does that mean?
Are you saying you coach team or players to not be in the big game?
I am saying Blair needs to be out of our FG squad forever so we can get on without him.
but he isnt fast or explosive off the line. Although that chase back showed a nice turn of speed, I still think he is going the Manu route and would be better moving into the second row to become a player like Tohu.
Big Ken can move, he has shown that. He doesn't have to stay on the wing, he might even make a centre, he has the brains. Heyzeuss spare me the though of him running at another centre would get the crowd on their feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings