• No

Votes: 75 90.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
Lawton won us the game, and Green controlled it.
And no, CHT has not shown that he can *control* a game yet. Until he can do it at the same standard or better than Blair, he can practice in ISP..
I don't think Green played well at all. He was solid and passed ok but his tackle 5 is limited. Nobody fears him running. I wouldn't say he 'controlled' the game. We were behind for most of the game. And I don't think CHT can control a game yet.

But I do know CHT can pass well. He can kick. And his running game is a threat. Look at the two teams who look hottest: Souths and Roosters. They have explosive halves that pass, kick and run. Gives them more options.

I don't think Green can produce the fast-paced game that gets teams on the back foot. His injuries have reduced his effect.

I think with CHT, Luke, Nikorima, RTS has more threat on attack and there 's enough kicking to get enough territory.

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013
RTS

Fusitua
Herbert
Hiku
Maumalo

CHT
Nikorima

Ahmau
Luke
Sao
Harris
Pulu
Burr

Paasi
Blair
Afoa
Lawton

Lawton played better than Roach but Luke's kicking and experience will help. Tevaga kinda deserves a spot except I won't unbalance a small pack by having too many small guys. Afoa adds running impact. Blair is there for experience and Green not there cos I feel he is too slow and feel CHT can do the same job with more to offer- I want to test that theory.
Changing Green for CHT for this game would be a classic " Keyboard Warrior" move in so far as you are making a suggestion in that you personally do not have to suffer the consequences if it goes wrong.Kearney does.
This game is crucial for us if we are to improve up the ladder this season and a win for us would not only keep us in touch with the 8 but put us 4 points ahead of the Panthers whom we all know could come right at any time and still be a big threat going forward.
I shouldn't call names and therefore I won't but even Mooks would never be stupid enough to experiment with a CHT Nikorima half combination this week even though you would.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
The only way CHT gets back into the team this year is though injury. He'll most likely get another crack, so it's his time to be patient and keep working on his weaknesses.

And KN needs some time to settle into the team and get to know the plays. Green is by far the best guy for that job.

Also if by some insane reason CHT was picked ahead of a fit Green, and we missed the 8 because of it, that will only bring fan hatred onto the kid and the coaches. And nobody wants any more of that.

We want to be sharing the love. So Green stays in IMO.

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2012
Hamilton
Lawton has to stay, but he has played well before and gets dropped the following game

if roach is out it, have lawton starting and issac back

sao to stay on the bench but not really seeing what tevaga is offering, would rather see pulu on the bench in his spot

but cant see kearney going that way

Reactions: Murraytd

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
Changing Green for CHT for this game would be a classic " Keyboard Warrior" move in so far as you are making a suggestion in that you personally do not have to suffer the consequences if it goes wrong.Kearney does.
This game is crucial for us if we are to improve up the ladder this season and a win for us would not only keep us in touch with the 8 but put us 4 points ahead of the Panthers whom we all know could come right at any time and still be a big threat going forward.
I shouldn't call names and therefore I won't but even Mooks would never be stupid enough to experiment with a CHT Nikorima half combination this week even though you would.
You're not making sense by taking my turn of phrase which refers to a poster degrading a more qualified and accountable person. You have the meaning, but mistakenly applied it to my post in the wrong context.

You basically said by picking my own team differently to Mooks I am being a keyboard warrior. Please take a deep breath and reflect a little before posting like that. Because you moved from attacking SK in an unfair way to attacking me, which just perpetuates bad feeling.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
I don't think Green played well at all. He was solid and passed ok but his tackle 5 is limited. Nobody fears him running. I wouldn't say he 'controlled' the game. We were behind for most of the game. And I don't think CHT can control a game yet.
Please post the game plan the SK had implemented, and then you can highlight how Green 'limited' that.

The fact is we don't know what the instructions were heading into the game, and Green started with that kicking tactic, never went away from it, and as the game progressed, we gained more and more ascendancy. Evidenced by the fact that they didn't score in the 2nd half.

I'm far more comfortable with old man Green doing what he did that that game, than throw a NRL rookie and a bloke who has been with us a week, into the control room week in and week out.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
The only way CHT gets back into the team this year is though injury. He'll most likely get another crack, so it's his time to be patient and keep working on his weaknesses.

And KN needs some time to settle into the team and get to know the plays. Green is by far the best guy for that job.

Also if by some insane reason CHT was picked ahead of a fit Green, and we missed the 8 because of it, that will only bring fan hatred onto the kid and the coaches. And nobody wants any more of that.

We want to be sharing the love. So Green stays in IMO.
I think the 'stick with a winning team' only applies to a team stacked with worthy first graders. Not to a team that still has weaknesses. If you can tell me that this weeks team is our best we can do, then ok. We do need some wins to catch up.

But I'm worried about how slow Greene looks right now. I think the top 4 will see that and be encouraged to charge down the middle, knowing they'll shut us down.

Just my opinion. I'd rather try it out to see how the combo might work. Can always change back if it doesn't.

Reactions: Off The Bench

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
Please post the game plan the SK had implemented, and then you can highlight how Green 'limited' that.

The fact is we don't know what the instructions were heading into the game, and Green started with that kicking tactic, never went away from it, and as the game progressed, we gained more and more ascendancy. Evidenced by the fact that they didn't score in the 2nd half.

I'm far more comfortable with old man Green doing what he did that that game, than throw a NRL rookie and a bloke who has been with us a week, into the control room week in and week out.
I never questioned his decision-making. I 'see his slowness'. He's not the same player as last year.

Reactions: Off The Bench

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Until he can do it at the same standard or better than Blair
Mate, leave that Rebel Yell alone. :rolleyes:

Lawton played better than Roach but Luke's kicking and experience will help.
Lawton and Roach are genuinely fast off the mark, that was the difference. Just watch Cook for Souths tonight and Kodi yesterday. Luke is a goner for me, he can kick but he is slow and lazy.
Afoa adds running impact.
WTF, apart from Ah Mau Bunty is our ONLY FG prop, Paasi is the impact runner, but not much else.
Blair is there for experience
Why not pick me then:rolleyes:

JBmurc

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2013
Central Otago
the worse part of the greenes game is predictability up in under kicking(with zero runners) .. and as no one else seems to step-up ... surely Kodi an take some of the load

I wouldn't complain about running the same team for the Panthers ... Jazz actually played some great footy in the 2nd... without the dumb passes

No way do I want to see Blair anything more than bench player

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013

I acknowledge the solid, experienced factor. We definitely need it. But I am saying right here and now that we will need to speed our game up by the end of the season. Because at times this year, the backline has looked clueless and Greene's only trick in his bag was to kick in the air and hope a winger catches it in good position. Playing like we have in our wins so far, we won't beat the top 4.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Uh oh, all this talk of CHT can only lead to one thing. Haven't you guys seen Candyman or know the legend of Bloody Mary?

Say the name often enough.....

Green stays IMO. I agree that he looks slow and I question how much he can offer us next year, but I still think right at this point in time Green/Kodi is our most effective combination.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
KN and Lawton did a simple thing that put our runners on the front foot. Their passes were out in front of the runners so they didnt have to slow and take the pass on the hip or worse.

It is a perennial problem with our guys and if everyone did it we wouldnt have to read the tomes of the OzzyWozzyCuzzy.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
Our only weakness in that regard is in the forwards, not the backs. We are short of a prop and Blair is a waste of time.
Agreed. But at times you notice we have these lulls where we play uninspired footy. We just go through the motions and you just sense they're waiting for someone to make something out of nothing. That's lack of imagination on attack.

That's what I'm thinking of. I feel it will become a highlighted issue later in the season. Might be too late by then.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
KN and Lawton did a simple thing that put our runners on the front foot. Their passes were out in front of the runners so they didnt have to slow and take the pass on the hip or worse.

It is a perennial problem with our guys and if everyone did it we wouldnt have to read the tomes of the OzzyWozzyCuzzy.
Well-written. That's what I saw. Passing looks how it should. Performing a basic correctly. You don't get that with Kata around.

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
Mate, leave that Rebel Yell alone. :rolleyes:

Lawton and Roach are genuinely fast off the mark, that was the difference. Just watch Cook for Souths tonight and Kodi yesterday. Luke is a goner for me, he can kick but he is slow and lazy.

WTF, apart from Ah Mau Bunty is our ONLY FG prop, Paasi is the impact runner, but not much else.

Why not pick me then:rolleyes:
Lol.

As much as I love Roache, Luke's service from dummyhalf is fast and accurate and judgement close to the line is excellent. He's won games for us single-handedly. Lawton had his best game for us and deserves a spot, not because he did well, but because he did well in areas we need a hooker to be.

But people are forgetting every other game where you all agreed he was ordinary. He needs to prove consistency before he is better than Luke.

I chose Luke because he knows how to win. And displays the required skills even in bad games. We're short on match-winners.

Lawton will be good off the bench.You can do that with hookers. Not really with our halves. If Blake breaks down, we're left with the makeshift option.

Bottom line I picked Luke because he's reliable with the speed of the ptb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings