Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 8 - Storm vs Warriors

Does Anthony Gelling deserve another game?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually surprised to see how small Lisone was when standing next to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - he really hasn't offered anything to warrant his continued selection and sorry to say same with Tevaga - would still like to see Lawton given a shot. Didn't manage to see all the game but from what time he did have on the field Vete looked limp. Pleasantly surprised with Gelling.
Quoting another thread, it seems more valid in this thread.

Tevaga has merit as a utility bench player but they just leave him on the field too long. His defence wasnt flash yesterday and that is usually his strong point. When hes not defending well hes not bringing much to the forwards

I was surprised with Vete as didn’t have a lot of time but didn’t really make an impact. I thought he’d be chomping at the bit to show the coaching staff that he is the real deal. Gavet not too far away
Massive step up from ISP so I thought he did his job well enough last night. Pace and demands of a game that had clearly the two best sides in the comp IMO.

More concerned about Lisone.

Agree due largely due his combo with Green. More fluidity it seems and Lino has s surprisingly sharp turn of speed when called upon.

I thought the passing exchanges between Lino and Green/Roger Tuivasa-Sheck looked pretty laboured. We spent the majority of the match defending so that could explain why, but the backline moves certainly did nothing to create space and we struggled to put our backs in one on one situations.

Don't drop hiku. Guys a legend . Always carries the hard ball. Defence is shaky , but he saves more than he lets in and a centre is never going to be 100%.
He is one of our best.
I don't think he is danger of being dropped. Although don't know that he always carries the ball hard. Certainly when attacking the line he does. But when hitting up from our own red zone he usually spins and backs slowly into the defence.

I don't think he is danger of being dropped. Although don't know that he always carries the ball hard. Certainly when attacking the line he does. But when hitting up from our own red zone he usually spins and backs slowly into the defence.
He still takes the tackle, lots of post contact metres too , so he is fighting in the tackle. The guy is just a tough footballer.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Fusitua
3. Hiku
4. Gelling
5. Ken
6. Green
7. Lino/Johnson
8. Bunty
9. Luke
10. Paasi
11 Papalii
12 Blair (In place of Harris, don't want him playing after two head knocks, they should have HIA on the first knock to the head but hey Warriors). at least this guy can pass the ball.
13. Mannering, can't pass stay out of the running lanes bro...decoy job...tackle up.

14. Tevanga
15. Gavet
16. Sao
17. Lawton, want to see this guy play some football, fast like Lisone, tackles well, wont pass it to the opposition being a hero.

wrighty

Anyone know if the teams named earlier given we play Wednesday?

I would like to know this as well.

I have a suspicion the answer is no as by memory all the team lists seem to come out on a tuesday night - even for the Thursday and Friday matches this year.

Does someone know the answer??

Status
Not open for further replies.