Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 7 - Warriors vs Dragons

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Run_it_str8 1st Grade Fringe

Fus is a centre, winger, fullback.

My suggestion is Fus in one to right centre.

CNK to right wing.

Hiku to left centre.

Attack options right = Green to Bully to Tohu

Green to SJ to Fus to CNK

SJ to CNK

SJ to Fus

Attack left = Green to Blair to Hiku to Ken

Green to RTS to any runner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Super Freak
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

Super Freak Brisbane Broncos Bench Player

He has scored 12 tries from 19 games at centre.

2 from 3 in 2015. 3 from 4 in 2016. 7 from 12 in 2017. That's a pretty impressive strike rate for a centre. He has shown he is quite lethal there.

It's not like he is going to be in the middle of the field. He'll be attacking 2-in instead of on the wing. He is quite capable of playing there and will still be a massive threat.

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad scored 6 from 6 on the wing. Fusitu'a and CNK is a more lethal combination than Hiku and Fusitu'a.

It wouldn't be a permanent move, anyway. Just until Beale is fit.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  3. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

I've been advocating for Fus at centre for a while but there's a "but he won't get the high bombs" feeling.

I like him 2 in and like how he can score from there or set his winger free.

But SK will rule. Not me.

4. enterthewarrior
    Join:
    Mar 9, 2013

enterthewarrior 1st Grade Fringe

Does anyone know when James Gavet is back? They need him back asap now that Pulu is injured.

Sam Lisone should not be in the team full stop, he doesn't cut it for me. He cant bend the line and has no leg drive. The only time he plays well is when the opposition give him room to move.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  5. Run_it_str8
    Join:
    Apr 1, 2016

Round 8ish for Gavet.
    Lisone has improved and contributed to 4 of the 5 victories this season so no need ro crucify him just yet.

He appears ahead of Satae in rank. Sao is available. Blair can cover lock and prop. Perhaps Sipley is ready for a shot but SK will reveal all on Tuesday.

Gana be a fucking awesome game with lots of sore bodies afterwards.

Which Warriors will turn up this week?

6. Super Freak
    Join:
    Apr 13, 2018

Super Freak Brisbane Broncos Bench Player

Beale being selected would make me nervous. Just hope that Green or Johnson aren’t anywhere near him when he is jumping for a high ball.

He isn’t a very well liked person in Brisbane. Not after 2011.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. wallacenz
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

wallacenz Warriors 1st Grader

1 Tuivasa-Sheck
    2 Fusitua
    3 Hiku
    4 not Ayshford (Im not a fan and I would have another reserve grader if I knew who they were and how they were playing)
    5 Maumalo
    6 Green
    7 Johnson
    8 Afoa
    9 Luke
    10 Blair
    11 Papalii
    12 Harris
    13 Mannering (Im not a fan of Mannering on the edge, he has no attack anymore, hes just a hitup man on attack but he does have an offload when he wants to so put him back in the middle)

14 Paasi
    15 Lisone
    16 Tevaga (Dont play him in the forward for most of the game)
    17 Sao (Give Sao more minutes, he has played well this year)

8. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

Sao needs to be back in the mx, he's played well this year and provides size as well as an ability to of load.

9. jonno
    Join:
    Jul 13, 2014

jonno Warriors 1st Grader

When's Vete going to pull his finger out of his ass?

Surely he doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in reserves. But maybe he's just too lazy?

Satae and Afoa to soften them up in the early mins with a one, two punch. Sao and Paasi to come on against tired forwards.

Mannering to 13 and Blair on the edge. I'd still keep Jazz as Hooker cover, leaving Luke to cover halves and Mannering to cover the back line. Papalii to play the last 20 with fresh legs.

Hiku goes left. Maybe he can defend that side better. He did play left center in the 2015 anzac test with Manu and Harris, which we won 26 to 12. You can't have a bad center defender against the Roos and win. Surely with Mannering and Maumalo it'll work the same.

Not sure who comes into right center tho? Three centers out injured, so probably Fus moves in and CNK gets a start. But last time CNK played the dragons he was absolutely monstered. Maybe he's learned some MMA in the offseason? Tough selection coming up there.

Still a bid sad after that loss, but hopefully the boys don't bend over again, for two weeks in a row. Dragon cock is bigger than horse cock after all... Ouch.:inpain:

10. ArtySubs
    Join:
    Aug 29, 2016

ArtySubs 1st Grade Fringe

I’ve always thought (I know it’ll never happen) that RTS would be a good centre where he can isolate a 2nd rower with his pace and step, and draw the winger/centre into the tackle to free his winger.
    As I remember most of Ken’s tries this year has been when RTS has done the union fullback move and final pass feed to Ken so those two work well and he can pass.
    I’d keep Fus where he is go for Ayshford think he’d benefit from a Green game plan.
    If not what’s the point of buying Gelling if he ain’t gonna play?
    Where’s Santo?

11. playdaball
    Join:
    Apr 23, 2012

playdaball Heritage Member

Good point, after his performances last year I thought he'd be in the first grade mix. Is he still injured or on the outer?

12. Inruin
    Join:
    May 19, 2012

Inruin Kata Fan Club President

Ayshford hasn't played any games Lately so be very surprised if he is in the mix. Beale has only just resumed running so again would be surprised if he is even considered. Simplest move would be bringing in a centre from reserve grade but not sure they are that flash. I'm picking fus to centre and CNK on the wing if Kata is ruled out.

13. Danpatmac
    Join:

Danpatmac Guest

The guy has looked the most impressive in the games he has played on the wing. He is excelling there and I would rather just fill the hole than play musical chairs.

14. Danpatmac
    Join:

Danpatmac Guest

15. ToiletDuck
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

ToiletDuck Dr Faggot Contributor

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. ArtySubs
    Join:
    Aug 29, 2016

ArtySubs 1st Grade Fringe

Probably if you were to play any one other than Ayshford you’d probably have to move Hiku to Ken’s side because I think he needs someone with a bit of experience inside him.
    If Gelling gets the gig play him on other side with one simple instruction...pass it to Fus!

17. Danpatmac
    Join:

Danpatmac Guest

i just feel we have a team that is 5-1 ... why mess up the rhythm more than you have to?

18. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Didnt he play wing or centre for the Roosters at one stage? That’s where he had all those redicilous try’s where he froze the defenders with his step. Yea where the fuck is Santo?

19. Aman
    Join:
    Apr 9, 2016

Aman 1st Grade Fringe

Personally I’d like to see Gelling play centre for a full game before I crucify him. He’s our tallest player, has bulk and great speed. Maybe he’s genuinely a good player but getting raped because he dropped one ball and threw a poo pass. How focused can you be when the coach only brings you on for 2 mins each game.

20. Stalefish540
    Join:
    May 13, 2017

Stalefish540 .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.