Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 5 - Warriors vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was confirmed last night that Jordan McLean will be out for the season with a foot fracture.

Mannering has to get through full contact training this week to be named, obviously it’d be a huge boost for us to have him back particularly coming up against Coen Hess who has been a handful on their edge.

Coen Hess is a monster
Like Burgess 1, 2 and 3
Like Shannon Boyd
Like Junior Paulo
Like JWH
Like Napa
Like Cordner

So far. We have managed every one of those monsters and their teams to boot.

Mclean is a loss but daym they still have Matt Scott, Taumalolo, JT and Morgan.

Here's to another cracker of a game and the double header even.

Reactions: Miket12

Stalefish540

Contributor
Coen Hess is a monster
Like Burgess 1, 2 and 3
Like Shannon Boyd
Like Junior Paulo
Like JWH
Like Napa
Like Cordner

So far. We have managed every one of those monsters and their teams to boot.

Mclean is a loss but daym they still have Matt Scott, Taumalolo, JT and Morgan.

Here's to another cracker of a game and the double header even.
This should be out biggest test. The Cowboys have been off the pace to start the season and have now lost their last 3. They have a great squad, far too good to be losing 4 in a row. Maclean has been average, so not a huge loss on form for them. Coote will be back this week and Morgan has 3 weeks back under his belt now, this should take the pressure off JT. I'm expecting a firing JT, Coote, Morgs, Scott, Feldt, Hess, Taumalolo, Granville.

Can't wait should be a really tough outing and another good litmus test.

Teams have done well so far by getting up quickly in D and running in behind the ruck at their big forwards. Hopefully this is the blueprint for us.

Anybody else hear Kenty talk about how its Greens team now and not Shaun Johnson's? Interesting that we played our best game of the season without our most expensive player. I know he got us the win against the raiders but really didn't do much except for some hop skips and jumps. I like Shaun Johnson, just wondering what a $1 million forward could do for our team :hungry:

This should be out biggest test. The Cowboys have been off the pace to start the season and have now lost their last 3. They have a great squad, far too good to be losing 4 in a row. Maclean has been average, so not a huge loss on form for them. Coote will be back this week and Morgan has 3 weeks back under his belt now, this should take the pressure off JT. I'm expecting a firing JT, Coote, Morgs, Scott, Feldt, Hess, Taumalolo, Granville.

Can't wait should be a really tough outing and another good litmus test.

Teams have done well so far by getting up quickly in D and running in behind the ruck at their big forwards. Hopefully this is the blueprint for us.

Yeah I love how every week is our biggest test.

We've been tested by

Injuries
Positional switches
Travel
Monster packs
Glamour clubs
Refs clampdown on everything
Change of ownership
Opinions that we are fluking our wins.

A desperate Cowboys team or any other team should never be taken lightly.

Getting excited for this one but still buzzing over the Roosters game.

And to think, end of last year, we were all looking at which ISP players may be able to replace underperforming FG players.

You can guarantee SK would rather have the headaches his selections are causing now than the ones he had then.
4 n 0.

All our reserves on fire in FG.

I don't reckon SK is having headaches at all these days.:D

He must be just about feeling like whoever he picks will get the job done.

Reactions: Run_it_str8

Stalefish540

Contributor
Anybody else hear Kenty talk about how its Greens team now and not Shaun Johnson's? Interesting that we played our best game of the season without our most expensive player. I know he got us the win against the raiders but really didn't do much except for some hop skips and jumps. I like Shaun Johnson, just wondering what a $1 million forward could do for our team :hungry:
Kenty doesn't watch the Warriors, he doesn't have any idea that it's been Blake Greens team from round 1. Blake has been the 7 and Shaun has been the 6, this has been openly admitted in interviews with both of them.

It's an interesting point for sure but won't happen soon.

It's probably an Aussie conspiracy to put us off by targeting Shaun Johnson.

The real point is not that we won without our best player.

It's that no matter who goes down the next player will come in and we are still a team.

Shaun Johnson didn't WIN the Raiders game for us.

He scored the final four points.

But Sammy Lisone, Bunty and even Jazz took hitups to get Shaun Johnson in range.

We don't have to remove players to be our best. We have to be our best no matter who's playing.

I criticise Shaun Johnson when he's passive and predictable but what has got us through the first four rounds undefeated is Solidarity. Tell Kenty thanks for expressing his opinion though.

Kenty doesn't watch the Warriors, he doesn't have any idea that it's been Blake Greens team from round 1. Blake has been the 7 and Shaun has been the 6, this has been openly admitted in interviews with both of them.

Can someone tweet Shaun Johnson and tell him not to listen to the noise. With NRL 360 being part of the double header this weekend be sure Kent and Ikin will bring it up again.

Reactions: Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Can someone tweet Shaun Johnson and tell him not to listen to the noise. With NRL 360 being part of the double header this weekend be sure Kent and Ikin will bring it up again.
What we also need to remember is Shaun Johnson has had to be the unlikely driver for 6 seasons now. Greenys only been driving the bus for 4 rounds, as this season goes on and Shaun Johnson gets more comftorable with his new role. This spine could become ridiculous.

What we also need to remember is Shaun Johnson has had to be the unlikely driver for 6 seasons now. Greenys only been driving the bus for 4 rounds, as this season goes on and Shaun Johnson gets more comftorable with his new role. This spine could become ridiculous.

Fuck yeah. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is better than the hot stepping Roger Tuivasa-Sheck we bought.

He's been through injuries, playing behind a struggling pack and weak 1st line of defence.

Now he's in his 2nd year as captain.
Has grown up a lot
Has become a defensive force
Has developed leadership skills
Sorry I think my Roger Tuivasa-Sheck man crush is gushing again.

What were we talking about?

Yeah bro- gotta wonder where all these nrl quality forwards came from?
We only started the season with a couple but they just seem to be multiplying.
Like gremlins.
The current state of things does have a bit of a 2001-2003 vibe to it. The new recruits are delivering and we have a bunch of youngsters that all look to be coming good at the same time. Kearney mentioned putting the young guys out at the end of last year when things were rough and getting the benefit of it later.

Its great as whoever gets chosen is delivering or at least we haven't seen anyone with a really poor game. If someone gets injured the replacement delivers to the point you struggle to see how the previous guy fits in. Mannering gets injured, Papali'i comes in and impresses. When Papali'i gets injured you think well our depth in that position isn't the best then Pulu owns that role.

I didn’t think Paasi and Pulu were going to be an upgrade but then Carvo got hold of them and they found themselves surrounded by players like Blair, Green, Harris and a re-born Luke and, wow, the transformation from what I saw last year when they were at the Titans is nothing short of incredible.
I was expecting our recruits to be in the first grade side. Mainly due to the coach now having his guys or the team he wants.

Pulu I thought was rocks and diamonds at the Titans. I watched him a bit after his signing was announced and he'd miss tackles or have a loose carry. He has come back a different player after the pre-season.

Ikin posed it like it was some radical idea he had only just thought of. I was sitting at home thinking have these guys watched the Warriors this year? If not they haven't very closely. I am pretty sure it was mentioned by one of the commentators in the Souths game in round 1.

The team naming Tuesday is usually a pretty tame affair. Recent years when we were losing it was hoping to see changes to see who would be dropped, now it's well we won lets keep things the same and the interesting bit is how they squeeze injured guys back in.

Reactions: Stalefish540
Our Pack reminds me of African hunting dogs.

They run their prey to death and every dog knows exactly it's role in the pack.

They take turns at leading the chase. They are patient predators, and they are relentless.

They don't use size or power, they let the prey run itself to death and their team work allows them to go during the hottest part of the day while other predators rest in the shade.

The Cowboys big pack will go the same way of every big pack we play, as long as we seek parity with penalties conceeded, and pssesion ( something Kearney prepared our old players for) then every big team in this comp will be at a disadvantage.

The ten meters is more like 12 + this year....and it is consistent...this has helped us to run in numbers, hunt like a pack....and most importantly put fear into the tired minds of our opposition, while our forwards use the extra room to show off their leg drive post contact or to offload...or to pass to angled runners.

Our guys on the other hand are fearless when it comes to planting it and booting it uphill....they know they have massive reserves...and when they are exhausted....a quick stoppage is enough to recover quicker than the others.

If the Cows hit us hard and open up our defences, the Warriors have that counter punch back...they hit back from anywhere using too many threats in motion to calculate.

Dare I say it...but this team reminds me of 2002 Roosters side that ran everyone off their feet with lean forwards and rumors of doping.

That team was the first in Rugby League to prove that you could maintain line speed for 80 minutes.

They had Brad Fittler as well.

We have Toewho Harris and we even have Tahu and Tohu Harris all in the one player.

Mr Bob

Contributor

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck might not be too impressed by all this Green and Shaun Johnson nonsense

Last time I checked he was Captaining the ship

Sewing the seeds of discontent - media fuckheads.
Also Blake green should tell origin to Fuck off.

It's good we have him to go with Lisornay, Vetay, Pooloo, Blake Groin, Solomonay Carter and Satay.
We have a Solomon Qatar too according to Anasta, and had a Lolohair running around with us as well last year.
At least Ata Hingano did them all a favour by shortening his first name.

• Haha
Reactions: Run_it_str8
Status
Not open for further replies.