Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 5 - Warriors vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t mess with the team, we are in a position now where we should be expecting players to earn their stripes in reserve grade, before being considered for a first grade spot.

We didn’t have that luxury previously, we do now. Let’s create a competitive environment whilst setting up the structures so that players can slot into the top side and know their role ala Storm.

Don’t mess with the team, we are in a position now where we should be expecting players to earn their stripes in reserve grade, before being considered for a first grade spot.

We didn’t have that luxury previously, we do now. Let’s create a competitive environment whilst setting up the structures so that players can slot into the top side and know their role ala Storm.

Yep I agree, but any of the missing forwards perhaps, otherwise play the exact same team and see if we can repeat playing with our depth once again.

Thats what is impressive, is our depth, not just Lino but the forwards from reserve grade are also fit.

Alex Corvo poaching was a master stroke. Hes got these guys as fit as Ive seen any team. Id love to be able to afford him as a personal trainer lol.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
but Magic and Capt are simply world class so must be straight back in.
Is Mannering definitely ok now? Gavet was just at a family function not an injury? My biggest concern is Papalii. What did he do? It didnt look ACL as he walked off quite normally..... He was the most impressive foward of games 1 n 2.

A for princess, it depends how much work hes been doing to his groin lol. Prob gets the golden boot out and massages it with it.

In all seriousness, last time he had a groin injury he took a 4week holiday. I dont know if he will be ready?

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42
I think Papalii makes our best 17. Tevaga is filling his spot for now and bringing energy and quality legs tackling. Papalii however is the far superior player. Jazz may even lose his spot this week if we are brining back Mannering and Gavet. Tough call though, it leaves us with no hooker back up.

Id go our best team but play Lino instead of Shaun Johnson. Hes earnt his spot. He shows what a real 7 does.

How we have kept Lino at the club this long considering his success is beyond me, plus he kicks the hard ones where Johnson is just someoone who has been taught how to kick, Lino is a natural at conversions, a brilliant mind at getting the team up the field and has nearly as good a step as johnson. all johnson has is speed. We will lose Lino. Lino should have been our 7 4 years ago and Johnson moved to 6 as his game is running.
A bit of success and all the nutters start coming out.

Anyway i slice it I just can't fit all these forwards in.
It's like we started the season with a new tent, pulled all the parts out for a look and now we've gotta try squeeze them all back into that little farkin bag.

It's crazy really.....I mean how did we go from last season to this season having a heap of accomplished and deserving forwards? I mean Papaali was awesome but Pulu has been just as good if not better? Mannering hasn't even been missed. You are right, there are going to be some good, fit and in form forwards that miss out and it is great for our depth but tough on those guys who miss out, because they have all been putting in.

It's crazy really.....I mean how did we go from last season to this season having a heap of accomplished and deserving forwards? I mean Papaali was awesome but Pulu has been just as good if not better? Mannering hasn't even been missed. You are right, there are going to be some good, fit and in form forwards that miss out and it is great for our depth but tough on those guys who miss out, because they have all been putting in.

Yeah bro- gotta wonder where all these nrl quality forwards came from?
We only started the season with a couple but they just seem to be multiplying.
Like gremlins.

ToiletDuck

Administrator

I'm sure we'll have some crippling injuries which allow everyone to get a run ;)

And yeah Pulu has been excellent, I would keep him starting whilst his form is this good.

I'm sure we'll have some crippling injuries which allow everyone to get a run ;)

And yeah Pulu has been excellent, I would keep him starting whilst his form is this good.

Agreed, that back row right now is sick with Tohu Harris and Pulu creating things on the fringes and Blair in the middle with his ball playing, defence/work rate.....Could potentially play Mannering back at 13 and Blair at prop I guess.......guess it depends on the balance SK wants for his team and the style they play.

Could potentially play Mannering back at 13 and Blair at prop I guess.......guess it depends on the balance SK wants for his team and the style they play
I reckon this is the way to go. You can see in interviews that Kearney doesn't subscribe to 'props' vs 'locks' they are both middle forwards, one usually just has a bigger tank than the other. But if you're playing two of your fittest guys It doesn't matter who's playing where.

Blair to 10, Mannering in at 13, Pulu retains his spot till Papali'i comes back who then shares the role of edge second-rower coming off the bench. Bench becomes Passi, Bunty, Lisone and Mason/Gelling/Satae/Vete/Jazz depending on how generous SK is feeling.

Last edited:
I reckon this is the way to go. You can see in interviews that Kearney doesn't subscribe to 'props' vs 'locks' they are both middle forwards, one usually just has a bigger tank than the other. But if you're playing two of your fittest guys It doesn't matter who's playing where.

Blair to 10, Mannering in at 13, Pulu retains his spot till Papali'i comes back who then shares the role of edge second-rower coming off the bench. Bench becomes Passi, Jazz, Lisone and Mason/Gelling/Satae/Vete depending on how generous SK is feeling.
And to think, end of last year, we were all looking at which ISP players may be able to replace underperforming FG players.

You can guarantee SK would rather have the headaches his selections are causing now than the ones he had then.

passi and pulu were always going to be an upgrade on lillyman and gubb

well atleast i thought so, and pulu is playing a blinder 4 rounds in

mannering , harris and pulu in the back row, luke, passi/gavet and blair up front
I didn’t think Paasi and Pulu were going to be an upgrade but then Carvo got hold of them and they found themselves surrounded by players like Blair, Green, Harris and a re-born Luke and, wow, the transformation from what I saw last year when they were at the Titans is nothing short of incredible.

Reactions: fizurg and Sup42
Status
Not open for further replies.