Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 5 - Warriors vs Cowboys
NRL+Rd+20+Cowboys+v+Warriors+jo5UW_ElzwSx.jpg

After the Round 4 game against the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium do you want to see any changes for the Round 5 game against the North Queensland Cowboys at Mt Smart Stadium?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

Reaction score
Weno

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Maybe just Lisone back to the bench for Satae or Gelling.

Both Satae and Gelling went well.

Lisone has been a spark which should be a right for him to reclaim his spot.

SJ if ready to return for the impressive Lino.

We have good depth and competition for spots now.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Id go our best team but play Lino instead of SJ. Hes earnt his spot. He shows what a real 7 does.

How we have kept Lino at the club this long considering his success is beyond me, plus he kicks the hard ones where Johnson is just someoone who has been taught how to kick, Lino is a natural at conversions, a brilliant mind at getting the team up the field and has nearly as good a step as johnson. all johnson has is speed. We will lose Lino. Lino should have been our 7 4 years ago and Johnson moved to 6 as his game is running.

Reaction score
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'll defer to the great Kearney on this one. With players coming back from injury/suspension, it's going to be tough picking a side after our performance tonight. Nice problem to have though.

Reaction score

Danpatmac

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
  2. Fusitua
  3. Hiku
  4. Kata
  5. Maumalo
  6. Green
  7. Lino
  8. Afoa
  9. Luke
  10. Paasi
  11. Pulu
  12. Harris
  13. Blair
  14. Tevaga
  15. Lisone
  16. Sao
  17. Satae
  18. Gelling
only bring in Gavet, Johnson or Mannering if 100% fit otherwise keep it as close to that 17 as possible

Reaction score

TripleL

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Id go our best team but play Lino instead of SJ. Hes earnt his spot. He shows what a real 7 does.

How we have kept Lino at the club this long considering his success is beyond me, plus he kicks the hard ones where Johnson is just someoone who has been taught how to kick, Lino is a natural at conversions, a brilliant mind at getting the team up the field and has nearly as good a step as johnson. all johnson has is speed. We will lose Lino. Lino should have been our 7 4 years ago and Johnson moved to 6 as his game is running.
Come on man, let’s keep some perspective.
Lino played really well and it’s great that we have players who can step up when required. No need to rush Johnson back.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Come on man, let’s keep some perspective.
Lino played really well and it’s great that we have players who can step up when required. No need to rush Johnson back.
Perspective is the warriors are terrible at retaining stand out talent, which lino has been in u21 and reserve grade. if johnson wasnt sucking up a position for 6 years hed be our 7. now we buying back Linos u21 friends like Passi. How we have retained Lino and no other club has offered him $600k is beyond me. But it will happen after this round. Too late Warriors, johnson should have been #6, 4 years ago and a pro like Lino at 7 when he was ready. Its obvious who is a classic 7 and who is just a runner and a passer.

Reaction score

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Lol Lino aint getting 600K off 1 game.

Bring all the top players back if they are fit, give the young guys a rest. There's going to be niggling injuries all year and now there is no need to force players to push through.

Reaction score
TheCool

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Perspective is the warriors are terrible at retaining stand out talent, which Lino has been in u21 and reserve grade. if Johnson wasnt sucking up a position for 6 years hed be our 7. now we buying back Linos u21 friends like Passi. How we have retained Lino and no other club has offered him $600k is beyond me. But it will happen after this round. Too late Warriors, Johnson should have been #6, 4 years ago and a pro like Lino at 7 when he was ready. Its obvious who is a classic 7 and who is just a runner and a passer.
Come on man, Lino played well tonight but he is not worth half of that kind of money and he is not more valuable than Johnson.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Come on man, Lino played well tonight but he is not worth half of that kind of money and he is not more valuable than Johnson.
Why? Have you ever seen Johnson play a 7 game half as good as Lino did?

Im so sick of Warriors fans touting on Johnson, oh hes so amazing, hes a touch football player who can run rings around people I agree. But hes not a 7. Hes a 6 imo.

What did that jones vs johnson poll show, jones 75%. Lino is a Jones player.

We have lost almost all of our Ackerman u21 players who won how many premierships? how many have the first grade won? yet no Lino is not good enough. typical warrior fan thinking.

Reaction score
hoolioh

hoolioh

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Sheesh! Just enjoy the win bros.
Be happy with the same team but Passi an Gavet would be a formidable starting prop rotation.
Seen Kata limping pretty badly towards end of game so who knows if he will be sweet.
So good to have depth an they all pushing each other

Reaction score
SJ's on Fire

SJ's on Fire

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Why? Have you ever seen Johnson play a 7 game half as good as Lino did?

Im so sick of Warriors fans touting on Johnson, oh hes so amazing, hes a touch football player who can run rings around people I agree. But hes not a 7. Hes a 6 imo.

What did that jones vs johnson poll show, jones 75%. Lino is a Jones player.

We have lost almost all of our Ackerman u21 players who won how many premierships? how many have the first grade won? yet no Lino is not good enough. typical warrior fan thinking.
Ok mate! So can you explain why the Warriors have only won 3 or so of the 18 games that SJ has not played due to injury? Sure Lino had a cracker of a game tonight and it's well deserved, but I can't say that I agree with you that Lino's performance has outshone all matches played by SJ in the 7. From what I recall they did move SJ to the 6 in early 2016 when he partnered with J Robson and I don't believe that experiment gave us any joy. At least we can confidently say that Lino can come in and do a job if Green or SJ are down? But you've got to be joking if you would play Lino over a fit SJ!

Awesome work from the lads tonight! Everyone is stepping up and playing with real mana. Less gooo for the big 5 and O

Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Best post on this message board so far was 2 weeks ago. Someone said the best thing about being 2-0 is that 2-0 builds self belief so that suddenly you can be 3-0 or even 4-0.
Very prophetic words as it turned out.

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Best post on this message board so far was 2 weeks ago. Someone said the best thing about being 2-0 is that 2-0 builds self belief so that suddenly you can be 3-0 or even 4-0.
Very prophetic words as it turned out.
4 and 0 can turn into other stuff as well tho.

They need to stay calm and remember the formula that's working for them.

I believe it's called the Process...:p

Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Pick your team ? I'm picking cowboys for next victim
As Goldberg says who's next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom