Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 5 - Warriors vs Cowboys
NRL+Rd+20+Cowboys+v+Warriors+jo5UW_ElzwSx.jpg

After the Round 4 game against the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium do you want to see any changes for the Round 5 game against the North Queensland Cowboys at Mt Smart Stadium?

Promotions?
Demotions?
Any new injury concerns?
Any returning players?
Any tweaks to the bench?

Discuss...

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Id go our best team but play Lino instead of SJ. Hes earnt his spot. He shows what a real 7 does.

How we have kept Lino at the club this long considering his success is beyond me, plus he kicks the hard ones where Johnson is just someoone who has been taught how to kick, Lino is a natural at conversions, a brilliant mind at getting the team up the field and has nearly as good a step as johnson. all johnson has is speed. We will lose Lino. Lino should have been our 7 4 years ago and Johnson moved to 6 as his game is running.

TripleL

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2016
Id go our best team but play Lino instead of SJ. Hes earnt his spot. He shows what a real 7 does.

How we have kept Lino at the club this long considering his success is beyond me, plus he kicks the hard ones where Johnson is just someoone who has been taught how to kick, Lino is a natural at conversions, a brilliant mind at getting the team up the field and has nearly as good a step as johnson. all johnson has is speed. We will lose Lino. Lino should have been our 7 4 years ago and Johnson moved to 6 as his game is running.
Come on man, let’s keep some perspective.
Lino played really well and it’s great that we have players who can step up when required. No need to rush Johnson back.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Come on man, let’s keep some perspective.
Lino played really well and it’s great that we have players who can step up when required. No need to rush Johnson back.
Perspective is the warriors are terrible at retaining stand out talent, which lino has been in u21 and reserve grade. if johnson wasnt sucking up a position for 6 years hed be our 7. now we buying back Linos u21 friends like Passi. How we have retained Lino and no other club has offered him $600k is beyond me. But it will happen after this round. Too late Warriors, johnson should have been #6, 4 years ago and a pro like Lino at 7 when he was ready. Its obvious who is a classic 7 and who is just a runner and a passer.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Perspective is the warriors are terrible at retaining stand out talent, which Lino has been in u21 and reserve grade. if Johnson wasnt sucking up a position for 6 years hed be our 7. now we buying back Linos u21 friends like Passi. How we have retained Lino and no other club has offered him $600k is beyond me. But it will happen after this round. Too late Warriors, Johnson should have been #6, 4 years ago and a pro like Lino at 7 when he was ready. Its obvious who is a classic 7 and who is just a runner and a passer.
Come on man, Lino played well tonight but he is not worth half of that kind of money and he is not more valuable than Johnson.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Come on man, Lino played well tonight but he is not worth half of that kind of money and he is not more valuable than Johnson.
Why? Have you ever seen Johnson play a 7 game half as good as Lino did?

Im so sick of Warriors fans touting on Johnson, oh hes so amazing, hes a touch football player who can run rings around people I agree. But hes not a 7. Hes a 6 imo.

What did that jones vs johnson poll show, jones 75%. Lino is a Jones player.

We have lost almost all of our Ackerman u21 players who won how many premierships? how many have the first grade won? yet no Lino is not good enough. typical warrior fan thinking.

SJ's on Fire

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 1, 2016
Why? Have you ever seen Johnson play a 7 game half as good as Lino did?

Im so sick of Warriors fans touting on Johnson, oh hes so amazing, hes a touch football player who can run rings around people I agree. But hes not a 7. Hes a 6 imo.

What did that jones vs johnson poll show, jones 75%. Lino is a Jones player.

We have lost almost all of our Ackerman u21 players who won how many premierships? how many have the first grade won? yet no Lino is not good enough. typical warrior fan thinking.
Ok mate! So can you explain why the Warriors have only won 3 or so of the 18 games that SJ has not played due to injury? Sure Lino had a cracker of a game tonight and it's well deserved, but I can't say that I agree with you that Lino's performance has outshone all matches played by SJ in the 7. From what I recall they did move SJ to the 6 in early 2016 when he partnered with J Robson and I don't believe that experiment gave us any joy. At least we can confidently say that Lino can come in and do a job if Green or SJ are down? But you've got to be joking if you would play Lino over a fit SJ!

Awesome work from the lads tonight! Everyone is stepping up and playing with real mana. Less gooo for the big 5 and O

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Best post on this message board so far was 2 weeks ago. Someone said the best thing about being 2-0 is that 2-0 builds self belief so that suddenly you can be 3-0 or even 4-0.
Very prophetic words as it turned out.
4 and 0 can turn into other stuff as well tho.

They need to stay calm and remember the formula that's working for them.

I believe it's called the Process...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.