Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 4 - Roosters vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

If Lisone & Blair are rubbed out, with Mannering, Paasi and Papalii injured they could be in trouble even getting enough forwards onto the bench. All depends on who is in the top 30, which they still haven't confirmed

In addition to the starting 17 from last week, they've also used Cook and Papalii, so with mannering a certainty thats 20 players accounted for. CNK, Gelling, Lino and Satae have all been named before, so Satae will be a certainty for one prop spot. That leaves 6 slots left in the top 30 and can be fairly certain of Ayshford and Lawton, so leaves them 4 spots left to fnd 2 more forwards. Cherrington and Santo were on 1st grade contracts for this year, so unless they've been downgraded they count, which leaves two spots left between Vete, Roache and Perham edit: and Beale.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Lisone and Blair will get charged- we are playing one of the NRLs special children and we are going ok which they’ll want to stunt our run as it’s taking the gloss of their fairytale of the year team in the knights

Reactions: 3 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
[QUOTE="WarriorBall, post: 705166, member: 5056"

Honestly I think people are dreaming if they believe Mooks will drop Hiku once Beale’s right to go.[/QUOTE]

So who do you think should drop out for Beale - they didn't bring him over to play reserve grade.

Reactions: 2 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Honestly I think people are dreaming if they believe Mooks will drop Hiku once Beale’s right to go.

So who do you think should drop out for Beale - they didn't bring him over to play reserve grade.[/QUOTE]

He could make his way through reserve grade. The season is long and having depth is a good thing. He's not Mannering who you would put straight back in.

Edit* my point being it's not necessary to put him straight in after a broken leg layoff.

Give him time and SK will put him in when necessary. No rush for Beale at this stage.

WarriorBall

Honestly I think people are dreaming if they believe Mooks will drop Hiku once Beale’s right to go.

So who do you think should drop out for Beale - they didn't bring him over to play reserve grade.[/QUOTE]

I actually think it makes sense that Beale comes back through reserve grade given his time out of the game, where he plays will shed more light on where SK expects him to slot into first grade but I believe he’ll be set to play center in place of Kata, reason I believe that is because Kearney likes players with footy smarts and Hiku ticks that box for him, I know he’s mentioned it before.

I guess there’s a chance Beale lines up at right center if Kata’s still performing well but I’d expect Hiku would go to the left wing in that case, either way I don’t see Hiku dropping down to reserve grade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

So who do you think should drop out for Beale - they didn't bring him over to play reserve grade.

I actually think it makes sense that Beale comes back through reserve grade given his time out of the game, where he plays will shed more light on where SK expects him to slot into first grade but I believe he’ll be set to play center in place of Kata, reason I believe that is because Kearney likes players with footy smarts and Hiku ticks that box for him, I know he’s mentioned it before.

I guess there’s a chance Beale lines up at right center if Kata’s still performing well but I’d expect Hiku would go to the left wing in that case, either way I don’t see Hiku dropping down to reserve grade.[/QUOTE]

Pie in the sky idea. How about if we train Kata as a hooker. He's low enough to the ground and would give him more tackling opportunities.

And improve his game smarts.

Then you can make him the Sam Cook guy who covers 1 2 3 4 5 and 9.

Haha i know it ain't happening but I'm good at these ideas.

Eg - Ken to the bench as wing and back row cover. Just needs some tackling practice and he'll be good on the bench too.

WarriorBall

I guess there’s a chance Beale lines up at right center if Kata’s still performing well but I’d expect Hiku would go to the left wing in that case, either way I don’t see Hiku dropping down to reserve grade.

Pie in the sky idea. How about if we train Kata as a hooker. He's low enough to the ground and would give him more tackling opportunities.

Eg - Ken to the bench as wing and back row cover. Just needs some tackling practice and he'll be good on the bench too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah totally understand it's crystal ball gazing, where Kearney fits Beale in is possibly the hardest question to answer on this forum at the moment.

Happy to hear others thoughts.

• Haha
Khaboom

Khaboom

Eg - Ken to the bench as wing and back row cover. Just needs some tackling practice and he'll be good on the bench too.

Yeah totally understand it's crystal ball gazing, where Kearney fits Beale in is possibly the hardest question to answer on this forum at the moment.

Happy to hear others thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Good thing is, you don't need it to be answered now. When he's ready, things will look different, one way or another. More good than bad, I reckon.

Maraea

Maraea

Warriors dont drop the ball as mch any more, and these guys tackle effectively, and play 80mins -can you believe it? When i think too much about it, i cant fully believe it. From that they then do flash things like leaps and silky steps and try denying plays and double digit offloads!?! Theyll get smarter (youre down a player in the sin bin, why rush to restart quickly, so you can defend sooner? Dont touch the ball - well done Green - times nearly up). I look forward to the roosters game they are one of my final round picks, mannering is the only one i'd want back in at lock when he can. Go warriors

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Trugoy

Trugoy

Someone potentially unfortunate ( Kata most probable).
Na can’t see Kata being dropped and rightly so, he’s been solid and doing nothing wrong.
I think Beale will have to bide his time. Injuries will happen.

Reactions: 8 users
Trugoy

Trugoy

Swap positions and put Fusitua to centre and Hiku to the wing.

Then Fusitua gets it direct from Tohu Harris and can use Hiku's wing space to finish tries. Then Hiku can park right on the sideline as a finisher or cut infield for a dish off pass from Fusitua.

Fusitua is a surprisingly good centre imo.
No way bro. Fusitua is lethal on the wing.
No one else at our club can do what he can in the air and his finishing has got to be arguably the best in the comp.
He’s a decent centre for sure but we’d lose a MASSIVE strike weapon if we moved him now.

(Also, I’ve predicted he’ll be Dally M winger of the year and that won’t happen if plays centre. :D)

Reactions: 5 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Well with Blair possibly out, Lisone definitely out and Mannering looking like being back.

1.Sheck
2.Fusitua
3.Hiku
4.Kata
5.Maumalo
6.Green
7.Shaun Johnson
8.Blair(Tba)
9.Luke
10.Gavet
11.Mannering
12.Harris
13.Sao

14.Tevaga
15.Afoa
16.Satae/Vete
17.Pulu

- Does Paasi even make the 17 he looked trash?
- Satae may have the inside running being in the 21 over Vete last week to cover Lisone??

Interested to see what Tuesday list throws up.

Reactions: 1 users
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

If Lisone & Blair are rubbed out, with Mannering, Paasi and Papalii injured they could be in trouble even getting enough forwards onto the bench. All depends on who is in the top 30, which they still haven't confirmed

In addition to the starting 17 from last week, they've also used Cook and Papalii, so with mannering a certainty thats 20 players accounted for. CNK, Gelling, Lino and Satae have all been named before, so Satae will be a certainty for one prop spot. That leaves 6 slots left in the top 30 and can be fairly certain of Ayshford and Lawton, so leaves them 4 spots left to fnd 2 more forwards. Cherrington and Santo were on 1st grade contracts for this year, so unless they've been downgraded they count, which leaves two spots left between Vete, Roache and Perham edit: and Beale.
Common sense would say Vete an Beale ..
While I would prefer no one banned I am curious to see Vete an Satae its
To big props .Could give SK some headache's if they play well ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.