Pick Your Team Pick Your Team 2018 Rnd 4 - Roosters vs Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup42

Sup42

The process = lose badly then the wins will come eventually , it's like possession :p
Funny.

The process could variously be described my favorite is still..

Don't Sack the Coach.

Sack the players.

Genius.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Weno

Weno

Same team I guess, was a little disappointed with Paasi he didn’t seem up to speed so maybe replace him.
Hiku defence is on thin ice maybe that’s where Beale slits in when he’s fit?
Obviously Mannering back if he’s ready

I think Hiku's defensive flaws will outweigh his try scoring and attacking feats soon.
Hope he can fix it , or Beale will come in for him.
Hiku has been good offensively.

Reactions: 3 users
Konrad Hurell

Konrad Hurell

While I did have my heart in my mouth every time Jazz had the ball, he provided some much needed energy through the middle in that last 15. He earned the right to stay on for another week for mine

Reactions: 8 users

WarriorBall

I thought Paasi must’ve been injured during his first stint because he didn’t come back but it wasn’t Sao who made up his minutes it was Tevaga which tells me it was part of Kearney’s game plan to utilise his energy to help combat the momentum Leilua and Rapana create through their ruck speed in the middle of the park, defensively it worked, offensively it was a failure.

With that game gone and a different proposition in the Roosters it wouldn’t surprise to see Cooke back or at least a more limited role off the bench for Jazz.

If Mannering’s cleared to play I’d bring him to the left edge, Pulu was solid defensively but more suited to bringing his size and energy from the bench and sharing the locking duties with Sao.

Honestly I think people are dreaming if they believe Mooks will drop Hiku once Beale’s right to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
jonno

jonno

Mannering is a natural left edge forward.

He's been parked on the right and in the middle for a long time, so hopefully he gets back to his best position.

leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

I'll leave it in Kearney's capable hands to select the right team v Rorters.

#Inkearneywetrust
#warriorpremiers2018
#Hashtagsaresoolastyear

WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Think Blair will be in trouble for his hit that got him sent off? Commentators were calling it a shoulder charge.

WarriorBall

Think Blair will be in trouble for his hit that got him sent off? Commentators were calling it a shoulder charge.

I don’t think so, his shot on Cronk last year was very similar, probably worse and he wasn’t charged.

Reactions: 1 user
davewjnz

davewjnz

We only played them once last year for a win

Sun, 30 Apr 2017 Week 9

lBRBdTi7Ik1wpe805-hoRg_48x48.png
Warriors 14
gfXhNDOK20Ve4SZ-uUGxIg_48x48.png
Roosters 13

Different teams this year but hey lets do it again boys!

Reactions: 12 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Fusitua is a surprisingly good centre imo.
Been a massive fan of Fusitua to centre as the kids got amazing footy smarts but he is just too good as a finisher and aerialist. Victim of his own success. Only place I see him moving to from here is fullback. Arguably the form winger at the moment so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon...

Reactions: 6 users
davewjnz

davewjnz

I reckon he's done his time, shouldn't have to pay twice, but I don't know the rules

Totally agree with you.
This means the Warriors as a team are punished twice given Canberra scored twice while Blair was sin binned he shouldn't have a case to answer for.
The Warriors should fight this charge.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
As far as the Jazz Tevaga debate you get to choose between him, Sam Cook or Manaia Cherrington. Nathaniel Roache and Karl Lawton are out with injuries. Either that or you select a left field utility like Zac Santo or Matiu Love-Henry.

IMO Jazz Tevaga's versatility puts him well ahead of the rest. Errors and the odd wild pass from dummy aside I think he's been judged harshly by most. His workrate on defence is insane particularly during the last 10 minutes of the game.

The only real question mark I have is Agnatius Paasi. I wasn't overly impressed with his game last week and he looked behind the pace in Canberra. While he is undoubtedly capable I'd rather he worked on his fitness by playing 80 minutes in ISP...

Reactions: 14 users
Status
Not open for further replies.